Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twisted Trempealeau County

rashore

Wisconsin is filled with majestic countryside, gargantuan farms, vast woods that sprawl for miles, and a hint of the strange and mysterious. Alright, maybe there is more than just a “hint” of the strange and unusual here, and that is what keeps me interested in many of the forgotten or hidden areas of this state.

Nestled in Trempealeau County, literally out in the middle of nowhere, is Chimney Rock Township.  I came across a very vague mention about a chimney out in this area, and that it harbors some haunted secrets.  This particular area, like many in the state of Wisconsin, was discovered (as it is recorded) by French explorers.  Nicholas Perrot, a famous explorer, was said to have arrived in Trempealeau County and was the first individual to really have a look around, and eventually set up a post there. I came upon the Trempealeau County Genealogy website, specifically the “History of Trempealeau County Wisconsin, 1917” and the chimney was mentioned under the geographical landmarks section which read,

https://mysteriousheartland.com/2015/08/11/twisted-trempealeau-county/

• Like 1

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• rashore

• Goodf3llow

I find it interesting that people settling the area (and I'm sure it must be true for places other than this county) give it a sinister name in order to warn people off. Thanks for sharing this rashore.

I wish she had some footage, especially with all the time she has put into this...seems like one would just need to wait for a full moon based on the article.

08/11/2015 by Devon

Devon Bell currently resides in Wisconsin with her husband Tony. Devon and Tony own a paranormal film company called The Haunting Experiments. She has published five books on the ghostlore of Wisconsin and her latest, Haunted Summerwind: A Ghostly History of a Wisconsin Mansion, will be released by The History Press in Spring 2016.