Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U of Chicago "No more safe spaces"

OverSword

I saw this on DailyMail. It made me smile. Thank god a university has common sense! It would make me even apply. 

• Like 5

WTF is a "safe space" anyway?  Can't you merely retreat to your dorm room and think stupid thoughts there?

• Like 5

The world was going to punch zee in zeirs za'brinksis at some point. Those are real words right? I would hate to (trigger warning usage of verbs to follow this warning) harm their many aspects of gender feelings.

I mean really, the work place would eat them alive when they could not handle any form of stress, strain or social interaction that is not a carefully scripted event log of predetermined behavior.

• Like 4

I cannot even imagine what our enemies are thinking about us.  Good on the U of C!  So what if Saul Alinsky is an Alum.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bubblykiss said:

The world was going to punch zee in zeirs za'brinksis at some point. Those are real words right? I would hate to (trigger warning usage of verbs to follow this warning) harm their many aspects of gender feelings.

I mean really, the work place would eat them alive when they could not handle any form of stress, strain or social interaction that is not a carefully scripted event log of predetermined behavior.

i agree with you,  but i do not object to this stupidity too much, those soft shell liberal will get eaten alive in real world, and that is  a good thing, there will be more room\jobs for normal people. 

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing this @OverSword. The thing is, college is your safe space. It's the best way to learn how to be open to the ideas of others. It's the big transitional period between childhood and adulthood. You should use the time in college to learn not to be so closed off to other ideas. To figure out the world is a harsh place because when you get out into the "real world" ain't nobody got time for that ****. They will chew you up and spit you out on the side of the road and not think twice about it. These kids need to learn how to use college - no matter which college you go to - as a true transitional place. Not just a place to learn more stuff to get you a job. You learn about life there. Life is complicated. Life is hard. Life will beat you down. Life will pick you up and take you to the highest zenith you can imagine. It's the best and worst of who we are as human beings.

3 minutes ago, Child of Bast said:

@OverSwordTo figure out the world is a harsh place because when you get out into the "real world" ain't nobody got time for that ****.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I think the universities should cater to the students. Given that going to college/university is more expensive now then ever, and that you likely will have hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt when you get that four year degree.... I think you should get whatever you want.

That said, I do think "Safe Areas" or whatever are idiotic. If some idiot calls you a name, you get their name and turn them in to be kicked out. You don't run off to a roped off section of the campus to cry.

You know that all the touchy feely idiots now are going to go the picket the U of C..... Which I do hope happens, since it will pull these idiots out of their teacher/student positions at other colleges/universities and hopefully get them fired or removed from being a student. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, supervike said:

Seems Binghamton College in NY is convinced of what the problem is:

They offer a course in how to Stop Whites.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8590/state-university-now-offers-stop-white-people-pardes-seleh

Yeah I started a thread about that and it was deleted in about two seconds.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah I started a thread about that and it was deleted in about two seconds.

I saw that, and typed in a comment that was turned down. Thought it was my computer acting up again.

Did the liberal MOD's give you a reason for dumping the thread?

35 minutes ago, Why not said:

I saw that, and typed in a comment that was turned down. Thought it was my computer acting up again.

Did the liberal MOD's give you a reason for dumping the thread?

Saru explained that there had been a lot of threads about racism recently and they didn't seem very productive.

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Saru explained that there had been a lot of threads about racism recently and they didn't seem very productive.

Hmmm!  That didn't appear to be racism to me. At least in the black and white terms. It was more about the lunacy of the liberal agenda. 

You know, the convince everyone they are a racist thing.

Edited by Why not
After thought

24 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I respect the job the mods do, but not allowing a discussion, especially on such a topical subject is wrong. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, supervike said:

I respect the job the mods do, but not allowing a discussion, especially on such a topical subject is wrong. 

I agree but it's his site and he does a good job of keeping it open without letting it get too abusive and offensive so I get why he pulled it.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

I agree but it's his site and he does a good job of keeping it open without letting it get to abusive and offensive so I get why he pulled it.

Oh, absolutely.  His party, his rules.  I've no issue with that.  I guess I wish they had a bit more faith in us to keep in civil....B)

• Like 1

On August 25, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Child of Bast said:

Thank you for sharing this @OverSword. The thing is, college is your safe space. It's the best way to learn how to be open to the ideas of others. It's the big transitional period between childhood and adulthood. You should use the time in college to learn not to be so closed off to other ideas. To figure out the world is a harsh place because when you get out into the "real world" ain't nobody got time for that ****. They will chew you up and spit you out on the side of the road and not think twice about it. These kids need to learn how to use college - no matter which college you go to - as a true transitional place. Not just a place to learn more stuff to get you a job. You learn about life there. Life is complicated. Life is hard. Life will beat you down. Life will pick you up and take you to the highest zenith you can imagine. It's the best and worst of who we are as human beings.

That's just the point. College should be the place to debate and discuss contrarian and controversial ideas and issues. Your mind should expand, not contract. SJW colleges are as dogmatic as Bob Jones University.