Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever been haunted by a evil spirit?

TioW42

As the title says have you ever been haunted by a evil spirit? What I mean by 'evil' is that their motivation was malicious or didn't like you around if that makes sense 

• Like 1

Thankfully not but I have read countless experiences of other folk, some I believe, some I think are horse manure, some I am half and half on, I don't mess around with anything that I don't need to but I also know sometimes it's unavoidable, I only hope I stay unconcerned by such things, I only want to have an interest from afar which also means I will never truly grasp how severe and sharp edged the concept can get!

I've had plenty of different types of experiences. Ultimately, I've learned that phenomena can be controlled. I think that speaks to the origins of said phenomena. 

• Like 3

Many, many years back when I lived alone I witnessed a few spooky goings on.  One night I got up to answer a call of nature and as I approached the loo, the (seperate) bathroom door began to open.  I fled into the loo and listened for any noises - nothing.  I came out of the loo and found the bathroom door wide open. The bathroom door never did this again whilst I lived there.

I once also heard a sound in the hallway and when I investigated this I found one of my shoes on the floor??!  The other shoe was still in place in my bedroom.

Before I moved on ( I lived there for less than a year) there were slamming noises in the kitchen that always stopped when I got close.  They sounded like someone hitting the work tops.  I did "borrow" a dictaphone from work and the following day I left it recording.  I only played the tape once - mumbling noises, a door opening and random, banging noises.  I didnt live there long after that.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mark One said:

Many, many years back when I lived alone I witnessed a few spooky goings on.  One night I got up to answer a call of nature and as I approached the loo, the (seperate) bathroom door began to open.  I fled into the loo and listened for any noises - nothing.  I came out of the loo and found the bathroom door wide open. The bathroom door never did this again whilst I lived there.

I once also heard a sound in the hallway and when I investigated this I found one of my shoes on the floor??!  The other shoe was still in place in my bedroom.

Before I moved on ( I lived there for less than a year) there were slamming noises in the kitchen that always stopped when I got close.  They sounded like someone hitting the work tops.  I did "borrow" a dictaphone from work and the following day I left it recording.  I only played the tape once - mumbling noises, a door opening and random, banging noises.  I didnt live there long after that.

That sounds like a spooky haunting to me!

5 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

The odd goings on only occurred in the day (apart from the night time bathroom door incident) and were not constant.  But it was a relief to move away.

• Like 3

How evil are we talking? I mean it's allowing you to live.. for the time being.

• Like 2

I've never had the experience of being haunted by anything bad, or good for that matter. Just the usual stuff as a kid after watching a horror movie and then being convinced there was a demon under your bed. But nothing for real.

10 hours ago, Mark One said:

But it was a relief to move away.

I heard many claims from people who apparently encountered a Spirit's presence, after they moved into a property. They weren't relived as you were after they moved out, though. Because the Spirits apparently followed them wherever they moved.

13 hours ago, Zenith said:

I've never had the experience of being haunted by anything bad, or good for that matter. Just the usual stuff as a kid after watching a horror movie and then being convinced there was a demon under your bed. But nothing for real.

Imagine that horror movie and then imagine the real experience as being far lighter and less fleeting.  That was my experience of the paranormal in that house.  It was never regular but when it did happen it bothered your day.

3 hours ago, Hudds said:

I heard many claims from people who apparently encountered a Spirit's presence, after they moved into a property. They weren't relived as you were after they moved out, though. Because the Spirits apparently followed them wherever they moved.

There is more to this following that you refer to.  But thats for a later date.  But to think that the spirit of someone sticks with one person is indeed a misconception.  There is intelligence within these spooks that matches human methods equally and they will over time join or formulate groups or meetings where they share and then decide their next move.  Thats my opinion folks..

There is more to this following that you refer to.  But thats for a later date.

I'm sure there is buddy, and am actually looking forward to reading your accounts.

But to think that the spirit of someone sticks with one person is indeed a misconception.

Is there any particular reason why you assume/d those claimants and you, may have encountered a human Spirit?

I don't believe a Spirit apparently attaching itself to an individual can indeed be a misconception. As there could be a couple of reasons why a Spirit may decide to attach itself to a person. Such as a Spirit perhaps found a person quite suitable, to fulfil it's desires or purpose. Or a Spirit apparently decided to take revenge upon an individual, after either a home blessing or exorcism had been performed either on that person, or the property which was apparently accumulated or occupied by the Spirit/s.

A ghost may visit various places that best match its intentions and needs.  Sure, it may attach to Joe Blogs just to feel/absorb/relive something, but it may also find even higher levels of such desires in other people at other locations.  I developed this theory after the last few years in which our house has experienced paranormal activity which happens and then is gone for about 6+ months.  If left me with the impression that the "visitor" was simply doing its rounds.  I also did some research and found that our road was built upon what was once part of sherwood forest.  I also found out that our road had been for centuries a dirt track dating as far back to when the Romans occupied Britain. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mark One said:

A ghost may visit various places that best match its intentions and needs.  Sure, it may attach to Joe Blogs just to feel/absorb/relive something, but it may also find even higher levels of such desires in other people at other locations.

There is maybe a possibility, buddy. But surely after the Spirit may have had it's wicked way with Joe Bloggs. 

32 minutes ago, Mark One said:

I developed this theory after the last few years in which our house has experienced paranormal activity which happens and then is gone for about 6+ months.  If left me with the impression that the "visitor" was simply doing its rounds.

Bare in mind, that Spirits can apparently be active either in the spotlight or behind the scenes, within the same property during they're stages of rotations.

1 minute ago, Hudds said:

There is maybe a possibility, buddy. But surely after the Spirit may have had it's wicked way with Joe Bloggs. 

Bare in mind, that Spirits can apparently be active either in the spotlight or behind the scenes, within the same property during they're stages of rotations.

Fair enough.

Despite all those evocations of demonic forces, I never had a haunting. 

Edited by XenoFish

My friend has had some bad luck of late and just a feeling of negativity. She was unsurprised when during a vacation where she and her friends visited a psychic for fun she was told that she has a bad spirit following her around. Skeptical, she kept the info to herself until a friend of hers back home had a "psychic party" where people came and paid for readings. My friend, low on cash, came over to help her friend with the party but intended to not have a reading herself. After everyone arrived, she went to sit outside and chit chat with folks and be out of the way. The psychic saw her thru a window and insisted vehemently on reading her for free because she just had to tell her she has a bad spirit following her around.

I'd like to help her in any way I can, but I'm not sure how? Even if its a placebo that would make her feel less "down" about things. Any suggestions?

14 hours ago, skliss said:

I'd like to help her in any way I can, but I'm not sure how? Even if its a placebo that would make her feel less "down" about things. Any suggestions?

I assume everything seemed fine, before she started believing or acknowledging what she had been told?

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, Clair said:

Never. I just don't have the imagination for it.

Im honestly not trying to be a jerk in saying this, but I hope you get to stay in that frame of mind. I used to think exactly the same, till I was forced to believe otherwise.

Anyhow its been many years since my haunting story. Thinking back I don't know if whatever it was had a evil intent. Lord knows I thought so at the time, but looking back I believed that cause of how I felt. Not cause of anything it/whatever actually did. If I would have found a way to control my fear at the time, the whole thing probably would have looked rather amusing.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Im honestly not trying to be a jerk in saying this, but I hope you get to stay in that frame of mind. I used to think exactly the same, till I was forced to believe otherwise.

I'm wired to stay in that frame of mind. Like most people I've had my share of weird experiences, but I'm grounded enough to know that although some experiences might appear inexplicable from a logical perspective, invariably the explanation will be just that - logical.

The brain is remarkable, but it's also a tad twisted. An understanding, even at a basic level, of how it works and why, is more than sufficient to offer an explanation for just about any experience. To take an experience and attach a supernatural explanation to it is unnecessary and self-deceptive. It's also self-destructive. We know about the various neurological and physiological reasons behind most seemingly paranormal experiences. We know how something as simple as carbon monoxide can cause hallucinations. We also know how various types of mental and physical illnesses (even stress and exhaustion) can also wreak havoc with our heads. We know so much - and yet, so many people still cling on to archaic beliefs and superstitions in spite of it.

It's important that people understand that there are numerous physical and mental (both simple and complex) causes behind hallucinations. and that not all hallucinations, such as bereavement hallucinations, are necessarily a bad thing. So if ever I had an experience (outside of sleep) where I encountered an evil entity, I would not only have my home thoroughly checked for any kind of toxic gas emissions or problems with electrical wiring, etc.), I would also haul my sorry butt over to my doctor's office for a check up. And then I would be tempted to share that experience with a few impressionable friends, after midnight, at some cemetery somewhere and have a few cheap laughs at their expense.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hudds said:

I assume everything seemed fine, before she started believing or acknowledging what she had been told?

No, a few years of negativity and what she considered to be bad luck before the vacation psychic told her about this bad spirit. Then just a few weeks after was when her friend had the party.

On 8/27/2016 at 3:15 AM, Mark One said:

The odd goings on only occurred in the day (apart from the night time bathroom door incident) and were not constant.  But it was a relief to move away.

I bet I heard strange noises late at night at my house. So I get in bed more early and try to fall asleep. But

it could also be my imagination. One time we all heard a loud knocking on the walls, so I knew it was not only in my mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skliss said:

No, a few years of negativity and what she considered to be bad luck before the vacation psychic told her about this bad spirit. Then just a few weeks after was when her friend had the party.

I am aware of some psychics who may first ask questions before readings, and I'm wondering if she told the first psychic about her apparent bad luck for a few years, or maybe something similar?

There is a possibility that the second psychic during the party, may have been made aware of her first reading from the other psychic.

Has she mentioned to you of any minor to moderate strange/ odd occurrences, either within her surroundings or at home?

Is you friend religious or an atheist?

I hope you didn't mind such or further questions, as they help to understand her situation better in order to give appropriate advise.

Edited by Hudds
Additional questions.

2 hours ago, Hudds said:

I am aware of some psychics who may first ask questions before readings, and I'm wondering if she told the first psychic about her apparent bad luck for a few years, or maybe something similar?

There is a possibility that the second psychic during the party, may have been made aware of her first reading from the other psychic.

Has she mentioned to you of any minor to moderate strange/ odd occurrences, either within her surroundings or at home?

Is you friend religious or an atheist?

I hope you didn't mind such or further questions, as they help to understand her situation better in order to give appropriate advise.

As she was out of town and the vacationers decided spur of the moment to go to the psychic as a fun vacation treat for themselves there was no prior way for the original psychic to have any background on my friend. I wasn't there, but I seriously doubt my friend would have given her anything to go on....she's just not a big talker about herself.

As for the 2nd psychic she was hired by a friend of MY friend so there was no contact with either my friend or the other original psychic who was a spur of the moment visit in another state. In fact, my friend decided at the last moment to attend the party to help out and had no intention of getting a reading herself. She sat outside when the readings were going on and had no contact with the psychic. The woman saw my friend thru a window and insisted on reading her FOR FREE because she felt that someone should tell my friend about this bad spirit she saw/sensed was attached to her.

I will ask her about occurrences, she didn't mention any during our call (we live in different states).

As for her beliefs...I think she is a non-church going believer...if that makes sense.

I can see where you are going...I have no idea if anyone at the party could have told the 2nd psychic about the first. I would think the people being read would be more concerned about what they were hearing about themselves but I will try to find out.

Thanks for taking an interest. : )