Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow cat?

crimeprince

This was a few years back, but I never thought it was much a thing worth talking about. I've been doing research lately, and I haven't been able to find any solid information on this topic; though people have had similar experiences.

Basically, when I was about 13 years old, I used to stay up real late. The house itself, my old house, was full of stories for another day. I slept on the couch, being to scared to sleep in my room. One night, I was coming downstairs to go to bed (my parents were already sound asleep), and I saw a cat come walking down the stair railing next to me. It jumped off at the bottom and disappeared into the darkness in the kitchen. This wasn't unusual, since we had 2 cats, both black. I headed to the kitchen to get a drink, and I saw the cat again. (It was hard to make its details out, since all the lights were off. But my eyes had adjusted enough to clearly make out the figure of a cat.) It headed off towards the hallway, which wasn't in sight from the kitchen, so I followed it. I just thought it was one of our cats, so I went to give it a soft "what's up" nudge with my foot. My foot went right through it, like it was a hologram. I bolted the **** out of there like any logical person would do, so I don't know where it went, though I never saw it again.

I don't know if this is anything special, but it spooked the hell out of me for a long time. If anyone knows something about this, please give me any info you have.

Edited by crimeprince

1 hour ago, crimeprince said:

I don't know if this is anything special, but it spooked the hell out of me for a long time. If anyone knows something about this, please give me any info you have.

There could be a logical explanation for the experience you had that night, and there is also the possibility that it may have been related to the Paranormal.

Now, considering how much you still are quite spooked out about your experience, are you really sure of actually wanting to know the Paranormal possibilities in relation to this occurrence?

I would like to hear the stories about your house, hopefully another day. Perhaps, they may also explain the reason why you don't sleep in your bedroom.

Edited by Hudds
Additional quote.

I'm sure there's plenty of ways to explain the situation. The thought scared me for a while after, but as of right now I simply want to know what it was.

I'm positive I would like to know. I'm open to any theories or facts you can offer me. 

I'm planning on writing a bit more in a minute, regarding the other occurrences. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crimeprince said:

I'm sure there's plenty of ways to explain the situation.

Indeed, especially considering your age at the time and the occurrence was late at night, and also it was somewhat dark in your surroundings. There is a possibility that you may have seen one of your cats at some point during the occurrence, and the rest maybe your eyes played on you or your imagination.

I'm positive I would like to know. I'm open to any theories or facts you can offer me.

In general, non-human Spirits can apparently manifest to mimic appearances and personalities of household occupants. The intended reason for such manifestations is to deceive, confuse, frighten an individual.

Non-human Spirits can apparently mimic household domestic pets, such as dogs and cats etc.

Bare in mind, either way (Rational explanation or Paranormal) you may have actually seen one of your cats, at some point during the occurrence.

Please don't hesitate to ask me to either clarify, or anything else in relation to your experience.

I'm planning on writing a bit more in a minute, regarding the other occurrences.

That's good, I am looking forward to reading about them.

Edited by Hudds

13 hours ago, Hudds said:

Indeed, especially considering your age at the time and the occurrence was late at night, and also it was somewhat dark in your surroundings. There is a possibility that you may have seen one of your cats at some point during the occurrence, and the rest maybe your eyes played on you or your imagination.

In general, non-human Spirits can apparently manifest to mimic appearances and personalities of household occupants. The intended reason for such manifestations is to deceive, confuse, frighten an individual.

Non-human Spirits can apparently mimic household domestic pets, such as dogs and cats etc.

Bare in mind, either way (Rational explanation or Paranormal) you may have actually seen one of your cats, at some point during the occurrence.

Please don't hesitate to ask me to either clarify, or anything else in relation to your experience.

That's good, I am looking forward to reading about them.

All the above and sometimes there are animal "ghosts" just as with people hauntings.