Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery surrounds cat kidnappings in Austria

UM-Bot

put a gps collar on a cat and mystery closed

• Like 1

Taste like chicken.

• Like 2

I have been known to relocate a cat a time or 2.  

I had a neighbors cat that kept doing it's business in my flower bed.   The smell got very bad.   I talked with the neighbors and they tried to discourage it, but you can't train a cat not to do something very easily.  

About 6 months later I relocated their cat.  

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I had a neighbors cat that kept doing it's business in my flower bed.   The smell got very bad.   I talked with the neighbors and they tried to discourage it, but you can't train a cat not to do something very easily.  

Good man yourself ;-) I presume you had the balls and lacked the cowardless to tell the neighbours what you had to do with their pet?

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I once trapped a neighbor's cat that was spraying my car, garage, trash cans, etcetera and took it to the pound. Our neighbor had several male cats, none neutered, that were causing problems, the final straw was when one got into my new truck and sprayed the seats. I only had the window down a few inches but it still got in and I saw it come out! Of course he searched for the cat and found it at the pound, but, they make you neuter them if you want it back and it cost him $60. Unfortunately neutering a cat after it is old enough to spray does not always stop it from spraying, but it's worth a try. 

I also have cats but they are neutered, and stay indoors. If you have animals you need to respect your neighbors also. 

By the way, my neighbor still has many cats. They crap everywhere and some look very sickly. But supposedly they are all neutered now at least. 

• Like 2

I live in a neighborhood that requires all pets be kept indoors and on a leash, outdoors. Cat owners who disregard the rule wind up with their cats missing as Animal Control is under contract to trap and transport free roamers to Young Williams Animal Shelter. Interlopers meet the same fate as well. As a result, there's an abundance of song birds and small mammals, reptiles and amphibians. Wild duck and geese also frequent our ponds, constantly.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, micky 32 said:

Good man yourself ;-) I presume you had the balls and lacked the cowardless to tell the neighbours what you had to do with their pet?

I assume they knew.

Government Secret Experiment thing, this is

Maybe the dingo...

Finest meat this rock can offer, I can't remember what was so great about cat meat, it was far and beyond anything on the planet.  N O  !!! ))))))) I've not eaten it, I was talking scientifically/nutritional wise. HA! I should grab this thread and fire it off to Clair tee-hee LATERZZZZZ

Can someone figure out the rate of accidental fires or arson for this town?  If it has increased within the past year we might be dealing with a serial killer in the making.

• Like 1

So when did the fast food franchises open?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Note this was in
Austria not Australia. Perhaps someone is attempting to trap vermin and the cats get in the way. Some die and are disposed of while a few others manage to escape. They do need to find the person.

• 1 month later...

Wow I didn't realize you could repetitively attack people like that....I get it's wrong you  someone's cat was catnapped, but if you leave a cat outside with no tag, collar, gps, supervision then boo on you apparently it wasn't the effort.

but in relation to the topic does anyone no more about what kinda predators Austria has?

I've indulged many times in catnapping for several years. Makes the time go by.

• The topic was locked

Thread cleaned.

Let me remind folks that personal attacks are against forum rules. And it's a crude pointlessness in debates. Speak about the topic at hand or step away from the topic. Also, if members are behaving in an attacking manner, please report those posts- don't let them just sit or get into deeper hostilities with it please. 

Rashore, moderating team.

• The topic was unlocked

There's a very similar story from New Zealand where 50+ cats have gone missing.

'The New Zealand city where cats keep going missing' - Jul 7, 2016.
When Ashleigh Hicks’s cat Moses went missing, she was concerned because it was unusual, but assumed he would soon return home.
However, it appears Moses is not the only one to have disappeared in odd circumstances. He is vanished cat No 50 this year alone in the city of Timaru, in New Zealand’s South Island.

So maybe the Austrian and New Zealand cats just met online and decided to all run away somewhere together...

A difference in the Austrian story is this: 'It is believed the cat napper could be torturing the animals as several of them have returned home with severe injuries.On six occasions, cats returned home with broken legs that vets said clearly "were from a blow, rather than from fighting or a car".Two cats also came home having been injured in animal traps and only on Tuesday a further animal returned covered in cuts.'
From 'Over 50 cats go missing in Austrian town' - Aug 26, 2016.

I wasn't able to find anything more recent on either case. But the facebook group '#freethefurbabies' now has 364 members! I think you have to join the group to read posts...