Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this who you really want?

Obviousman

Another day, another Trump blunder....

Donald Trump says veterans with PTSD aren’t as ‘strong’ as others

http://globalnews.ca/news/2980507/donald-trump-says-veterans-with-ptsd-arent-as-strong-as-others/

HERNDON, Va. – Donald Trump is drawing scorn from veterans’ groups after he suggested that soldiers who suffer from mental health issues might not be as strong as those who don’t.

Trump was speaking at an event organized by the Retired American Warriors political action committee Monday when he was asked about his commitment to faith-based programs aimed at preventing suicides and helping soldiers suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury and other issues.

“When you talk about the mental health problems – when people come back from war and combat, and they see things that maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over, and you’re strong and you can handle it. But a lot of people can’t handle it,” he said.

David Maulsby, the executive director of the Texas-based PTSD Foundation of America, told The Associated Press that, at first, he hoped Trump’s remarks had been taken out of context. But after watching a recording of the exchange, he said the Republican nominee’s words were detrimental to veterans struggling with PTSD symptoms.

“At the very least, it’s a very poor choice of words. PTSD is basically a rewiring of the brain as the result of trauma or prolonged trauma. That is not a reflection of a person’s strength, character, stamina – any of that,” Maulsby said.

“Our veterans who are struggling with post-traumatic stress as a result of their combat need to be encouraged to seek help, and not be told they are weak or deficient in character in any way, shape or form,” he said.

Cz

• Like 1

Well .. to be fair Trump isn't the minority when it comes to the general myopic assessments based on Hollywood perpetuated reality ... we see it more than often here on the forums ...

~

I wish we could get through to you, CZero, and perhaps T_E if he does agree with you, it is sometimes hard to be sure :unsure: , just how dangerous and how genuinely mentally unstable the one that you would prefer to see leading the "Free World" is, but you seem just to be willfully blind and prefer to concentrate entirely on trawling for any bits of gossip you can find that have the word "Trump" attached to them. I just don't understand how you can be so casual or indifferent about how dangerous, how vengeful and vindictive, this woman is, and how incredibly naive the entire "Progressive" community is that it completely blinds itself to that. 

Never before in history has any potential candidate been so compromised and continued to stand for election. In her mind, screw the world and the country. This is all about Hillary being the first woman president.

Hillary First, America Second

Never mind me Grand Moff ... I have no preferences nor do I have any manner of judgments on who makes it to the Oval Office ... either way and either one is just as bad or as good for someone somewhere down the line ... like it or loath it ... such is the predicament of not having any choice of a preferable choice ~

I have little enough to say on what is splayed out on the news much less what I find agreeable or disagreeable ~

Is this who you really want?

In a word, yes.

Because this election is a choice between getting cancer (i.e., Lie-lary) or getting whacked in the head with a baseball bat (i.e., Trump).  I do not want either, but given the choice I rather get a baseball bat to the head.

This certainly isn't a choice between the best or brightest the U.S. has to offer...  but often the best and brightest Americans are smart enough to stay away from politics.  I can't wait until the election is over...  the suspense is killing me.

• Like 3