Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this who you really want?

Obviousman

Here are 12 wacky things that Trump believes in. Kind of a worry, if you ask me...

They include: asbestos is actually safe, climate change is a hoax invented by the Chinese, vaccines cause autism.

Hmmm.....

https://thinkprogress.org/12-fringe-conspiracy-theories-embraced-by-a-man-who-might-be-the-next-president-9adb84b25418#.aqu7lnnrj

• Like 3

Trump was made by the media to be an easy win for the Left.  It would be hugely JUST if he won.  It would make so many outraged that I think some of the inner cities would burn.  There are a LOT of angry people in this country in this cycle and no matter who wins they will be seen as illegitimate.  If you really think Trump is nuts just consider this... even if he IS, about half the people in the US are so disgusted with the Clinton's that they'll roll the dice on Trump anyway.  ANYBODY but her.

• Like 3

Is this mad person the kind of person you'd rather see? 

• Like 4

"Diversity Prejudice Paranoia Thank you!!" :D 

• Like 3

The US political system has thrown up a choice between the "least worst" candidates. 

Personally, I would not relish such a choice, but there it is.

So what you folks in the US face is a choice. Do you pick a devious, conniving person who nevertheless must possess at least some intelligence to be so, and has a track record and experience in international and domestic politics or a failed businessman with a track record of being an outright liar and all round nutbar? 

Had I a vote in the US, I would vote Clinton. At least she is in some way connected to the real world.

And how about a credible third candidate? Like that has the remotest chance of happening.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Is this mad person the kind of person you'd rather see? 

What's she supposed to call it?

3 hours ago, Abaddonire said:

The US political system has thrown up a choice between the "least worst" candidates. 

Personally, I would not relish such a choice, but there it is.

So what you folks in the US face is a choice. Do you pick a devious, conniving person who nevertheless must possess at least some intelligence to be so, and has a track record and experience in international and domestic politics or a failed businessman with a track record of being an outright liar and all round nutbar? 

Had I a vote in the US, I would vote Clinton. At least she is in some way connected to the real world.

And how about a credible third candidate? Like that has the remotest chance of happening.

But doesn't it matter that that track record has been one consistently of disaster? how many disastrous interventions and overthrown governments has trump been responsible for? How you you look at the fiasco she was responsible for in Libya and still say that she's preferable? Doesn't it matter that it's been proven that the "Democratic" Party has rigged the process so that she could be put in place as the candidate? Doesn't it matter that the "real world" she's connected to is the criminal one of lies and fraud? And if you want someone with a track record of being an outright liar...

• Like 2

* Oh hello, ChaosRose (official mouthpiece of the "Democratic" Party) has popped up. 

• Like 2

Look...there's one candidate who has been attacked for 25 years by Republicans because she tried to make sure people had health care. That's what it's really about. 

And then there's one candidate who loves dictators, wants to be one, and can't wait to be in control of our nukes. Oh...and he's actually indebted to dictators. And if enough folks are afraid of brown (and black) people...that crazy guy might actually get in. 

• Like 3

Just now, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

* Oh hello, ChaosRose (official mouthpiece of the "Democratic" Party) has popped up. 

Well...answer the question. If it's racism and anti-Semitism and wacky conspiracy theories...what else is she supposed to call it? 

Trump and Bannon do have track records. 

2 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Oh goodie, another anti-Trump thread.

Yes, out of the choices available, Trump is really who I want.  I wish we had better electable choices, but we don't, and that's sad.  Either Trump, or that monster Shrillary, who has proven that she's not POTUS material.  All Trump has proven is that he incited the left into rage, is an arrogant loud-mouth, but can run businesses very well and at times has a sense of humor, even about himself.  He's not proven yet that he's not POTUS material.

By and large, I find you to be a rational poster in this sea of irrationality. Great.

But you want to vote a nutbar into power who will intentionally destroy the US? Why? Trump is demonstrably nutty. Why would you vote for such a wingnut?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Oh goodie, another anti-Trump thread.

How many have there been? I haven't searched but I thought this was the first one I could see on the Conspiracies sub-forum page.... whereas I count at least five anti-Clinton threads on the first page of the sub-forum.

10 hours ago, Abaddonire said:

But you want to vote a nutbar into power who will intentionally destroy the US? Why? Trump is demonstrably nutty. Why would you vote for such a wingnut?

There is absolutely no proof that Trump will intentionally destroy the US.  That's leftist talking points.  His record shows nothing to indicate that will happen.  However, Shrillary's record has shown that she is definitely not interested in what's best for this country.  I'll go with the "wingnut" that's not proven to be a threat, rather than the one that's proven to be nothing but a threat.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Obviousman said:

How many have there been? I haven't searched but I thought this was the first one I could see on the Conspiracies sub-forum page.... whereas I count at least five anti-Clinton threads on the first page of the sub-forum.

Lots.  I stopped keeping track a couple of weeks ago.  Even threads that have nothing to do with Trump (or even politics at times) end up being anti-Trump in some fashion.

• Like 2

Just putting this out there because I found it interesting.... :)

Cz

Edited by Czero 101

9 hours ago, Obviousman said:

Look at the U.S. Politics forum, particularly any started by Palladin or (though not so much now) Questionmark.

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Look at the U.S. Politics forum, particularly any started by Palladin or (though not so much now) Questionmark.

Then wouldn't all these threads be more appropriate there?

3 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

Then wouldn't all these threads be more appropriate there?

It wasn't me that chose to put this here.

16 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

It wasn't me that chose to put this here.

That's fair enough. What's your opinion then... should they be in that politics sub-forum rather than here?

Hillary is just a famous  political  figure from a first lady to secretary of state, not of nothing she had  ever done to make America better  i just want some one who will get  our jobs back  for everyone to have the honer, and opportunity to take care of their familes 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

I can't say I envy America's choices in this election, as so many folks have said, it's about picking the lesser of two evils.

So is there a current favourite between the two? Or is it as on the fence as it seems?

I understand that I could be wrong, but here is my current understanding:

Trump doesn't seem to put much effort into hiding his motives which, for a politician, is not entirely unconvenient; but he has proven himself to be an obnoxious fool at times. Wheras Hillary clearly has motives outside of making the country better, despite the fact she may have made potentially profitable decisions in the past.

So...Hillary has more political experience, but she's got other things on her mind than fair presidency (clearly a dangerous trait); whereas Trump is more of a patriot but is inclined to horribly brash decisions and lack of foresight (yet another dangerous trait for a politician to have).

Personally, I wouldn't have a clue who to pick as both could be potentially disastrous. :o

Edit: Just let me know if I need to move this comment to the political forums or something haha. (Still new to the forums) :)

Edited by Unfortunately
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

I can't say I envy America's choices in this election, as so many folks have said, it's about picking the lesser of two evils.

So is there a current favourite between the two? Or is it as on the fence as it seems?

I understand that I could be wrong, but here is my current understanding:

Trump doesn't seem to put much effort into hiding his motives which, for a politician, is not entirely unconvenient; but he has proven himself to be an obnoxious fool at times. Wheras Hillary clearly has motives outside of making the country better, despite the fact she may have made potentially profitable decisions in the past.

So...Hillary has more political experience, but she's got other things on her mind than fair presidency (clearly a dangerous trait); whereas Trump is more of a patriot but is inclined to horribly brash decisions and lack of foresight (yet another dangerous trait for a politician to have).

Personally, I wouldn't have a clue who to pick as both could be potentially disastrous. :o

Edit: Just let me know if I need to move this comment to the political forums or something haha. (Still new to the forums) :)

Very reasonable points. The Donald uses a great deal of bluster and rhetorical exaggeration (I'm still not convinced his great big, tall, beautiful wall is anything other than a rhetorical one), but in other things he does he does seem more, well, honest, or at least upfront about it if he thinks something is stupid. Hillary puts up this smokescreen of being caring and reasonable and really really caring about women, but the funny thing is that you really don't have to look very far to see her real agenda and what she really wants ("America is the Exceptional Nation that the world cannot do without"; "The President of the United States is the Leader of the Free World" - surely megalomania has never been more blatantly expressed), but those who shout "Hillary Hillary Hillary! She's caring and loving!" just ignore it.  

• Like 1

The vaccines one is idiotic, but not unexpected. The one that surprised me most was the California drought. Even if someone was a climate-change denier, and even if they did not think that humans are affecting the climate, they still usually acknowledge that the climate is changing at all. One can believe that humans aren't the cause of climate change while still acknowledging that it is a thing that is happening, after all. For him to flatly deny something that is demonstrably happening is a whole new, majestic level of idiocy from a man who is basically an escaped character from a racist 1920's comic strip.

• Like 3