Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People who challenge us

markdohle

People who challenge us

We are called to love those who stress us out.  Who can be over demanding and selfish in how they treat us.   This can be very difficult, yet to remain close to the Lord will lead us all down that path of inner growth and depth of compassion for others.  Self knowledge is one of the keys that help us to unlock our own resistance to allowing loves healing.  Prayer allows the grace of Christ to show us our own need of mercy and healing, and then we can understand that people can be selfish and demanding because of their own inner wounds and simple human weaknesses.  This self knowledge also allows us to have proper boundaries with people who are difficult, without being angry or resentful…..that takes time…..still working on that. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, markdohle said:

We are called to love those who stress us out.   Compassion for others.  Our own need of mercy and healing.  Then we can understand that people can be selfish and demanding because of their own inner wounds and simple human weaknesses.

Got nothing bad to say. I just wanted to quote what I consider important and wish (hell even hope) that people would consider these things more. I find that both believers and non-believers to be selfish in equal measure, as well a compassionate. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Got nothing bad to say. I just wanted to quote what I consider important and wish (hell even hope) that people would consider these things more. I find that both believers and non-believers to be selfish in equal measure, as well a compassionate. 

Of course, the Spirit is at work in all hearts my friend.

peace
mark

I believe mastery of the mind is the key to a stress free living. However this is easier said than done in a culture that values worth/value/money/production/go-go/hurry up over stability and contentment. Mastery of the mind (via meditation) takes work and time, just like exercise. If you don't do it you will be weak and therefore more prone to stress. 

Also don't cast your pearls before swine, but I'm sure you've read that before!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 5:27 AM, markdohle said:

People who challenge us

We are called to love those who stress us out.  Who can be over demanding and selfish in how they treat us.   This can be very difficult, yet to remain close to the Lord will lead us all down that path of inner growth and depth of compassion for others.  Self knowledge is one of the keys that help us to unlock our own resistance to allowing loves healing.  Prayer allows the grace of Christ to show us our own need of mercy and healing, and then we can understand that people can be selfish and demanding because of their own inner wounds and simple human weaknesses.  This self knowledge also allows us to have proper boundaries with people who are difficult, without being angry or resentful…..that takes time…..still working on that. 

I don't care whether or not God or the Lord (nor any Deity) exists, do I stress you out in any way?

ETA: I do like to read and hear the thoughts of believers as well as nonbelievers though. I just don't personally care about, "the Big Question".

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 7:27 AM, markdohle said:

People who challenge us

I just want to say, screw that feminism we get from the teachings of Jesus. Let's take the Old Testament God's approach to everything,...kill your enemies!! Im kidding about that part. I don't think we should love people who are obviously evil towards us, not only shouldn't we, but I think it's impossible to love someone who treats you terribly UNLESS you sickeningly delude yourself into doing so. Something which can be unhealthy for any human. It's like a wife who forces herself to love an abusive husband who beats her and treats the kids they have horrible. If there is someone who treats you terrible or stresses you out, you should separate from that person instead of trying to love them. Why? Because evil people cannot see past their own choices because they are blinded by what's fueling them to treat you evil in the first place. The best thing to do is to leave them alone. That wife may take many beatings for the sake of "being married" but at some point it's time to bail. We resist pain because we are meant to avert it, not allow it to continue. I don't mean to be the negative one at all, but listening to Jesus can get people killed or due in part emasculated as a man. Literally. Jesus wants people for be martyrs for himself and to "take up his cross" and die for him. This is sick-minded unhealthy insane stuff. Really it is. Jesus tells people if a man strikes you on the cheek, turn the other cheek and allow him to strike the other one also. His teaching is nothing but pure feminism and insanity or idiocy(whichever one you choose). His teachings seek to remove the natural role of a man from being tough and strong into making him docile, feminant, and weak. If a man strikes another man in the face, that man who get's struck should defend himself as a man and strike back. You don't have to kill the other person but don't just sit there and allow an attacker to continue to attack you. Fight back. If a man refuses to defend himself, it makes him look like a woman or a weak man. This is what Jesus taught. His father, on the other hand thought killing one's enemies and taking his village and family as captive was once the first line of thought. But since then things have changed. I can tell you a short story...I use to be Christian. I had terrible coworkers and bosses I had to deal with at work every day. The bible teaches you to pray for your enemies and those who despitefully use you or hate you. So, I did that. I actually would sit in my car on my lunch break and pray for all my terrible bosses and bad coworkers and actually pray that good things would happen to them. Not surprising, NOTHING HAPPENED. I did this almost daily too. To be honest, the situation between me and my bosses that were terrible actually continued and even escalated. Things got worst instead of better despite my prayers. Eventually, I lost my job and that boss lost his job and the other boss got transferred. How was that for the power of prayer? It failed. That's just one instance.

I think as a human being, if you want to experience "inner growth" and self-knowledge, all people should question everything about the world around them. Question religion. Question the government. Think on the deeper things of life, and you'll go father doing that than you ever would by practicing organized religion. Religion although it may appear harmless to simply "believe" can actually do harm to people's relationships as well as dehumanize you as a person. Religion can drive people to do some really insane things that a normal otherwise common-sense savy human wouldn't do. I've seen it happen. I'm just warning others. Seek peace, but also seek knowledge. And question the foundations of everything, because in questioning things, things will be revealed to you by life and you'll find answers to these questions you seek. I just don't think the answers we all have about life lies in religion. At all.

Edited by An Urban Leg3nd

6 hours ago, internetperson said:

I believe mastery of the mind is the key to a stress free living. However this is easier said than done in a culture that values worth/value/money/production/go-go/hurry up over stability and contentment. Mastery of the mind (via meditation) takes work and time, just like exercise. If you don't do it you will be weak and therefore more prone to stress. 

Also don't cast your pearls before swine, but I'm sure you've read that before!

Yes it is a disciple for sure....thanks.

Peace
Mark

6 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

I don't care whether or not God or the Lord (nor any Deity) exists, do I stress you out in any way?

ETA: I do like to read and hear the thoughts of believers as well as nonbelievers though. I just don't personally care about, "the Big Question".

No you don't LOL.   

4 hours ago, An Urban Leg3nd said:

I just want to say, screw that feminism we get from the teachings of Jesus. Let's take the Old Testament God's approach to everything,...kill your enemies!! Im kidding about that part. I don't think we should love people who are obviously evil towards us, not only shouldn't we, but I think it's impossible to love someone who treats you terribly UNLESS you sickeningly delude yourself into doing so. Something which can be unhealthy for any human. It's like a wife who forces herself to love an abusive husband who beats her and treats the kids they have horrible. If there is someone who treats you terrible or stresses you out, you should separate from that person instead of trying to love them. Why? Because evil people cannot see past their own choices because they are blinded by what's fueling them to treat you evil in the first place. The best thing to do is to leave them alone. That wife may take many beatings for the sake of "being married" but at some point it's time to bail. We resist pain because we are meant to avert it, not allow it to continue. I don't mean to be the negative one at all, but listening to Jesus can get people killed or due in part emasculated as a man. Literally. Jesus wants people for be martyrs for himself and to "take up his cross" and die for him. This is sick-minded unhealthy insane stuff. Really it is. Jesus tells people if a man strikes you on the cheek, turn the other cheek and allow him to strike the other one also. His teaching is nothing but pure feminism and insanity or idiocy(whichever one you choose). His teachings seek to remove the natural role of a man from being tough and strong into making him docile, feminant, and weak. If a man strikes another man in the face, that man who get's struck should defend himself as a man and strike back. You don't have to kill the other person but don't just sit there and allow an attacker to continue to attack you. Fight back. If a man refuses to defend himself, it makes him look like a woman or a weak man. This is what Jesus taught. His father, on the other hand thought killing one's enemies and taking his village and family as captive was once the first line of thought. But since then things have changed. I can tell you a short story...I use to be Christian. I had terrible coworkers and bosses I had to deal with at work every day. The bible teaches you to pray for your enemies and those who despitefully use you or hate you. So, I did that. I actually would sit in my car on my lunch break and pray for all my terrible bosses and bad coworkers and actually pray that good things would happen to them. Not surprising, NOTHING HAPPENED. I did this almost daily too. To be honest, the situation between me and my bosses that were terrible actually continued and even escalated. Things got worst instead of better despite my prayers. Eventually, I lost my job and that boss lost his job and the other boss got transferred. How was that for the power of prayer? It failed. That's just one instance.

I think as a human being, if you want to experience "inner growth" and self-knowledge, all people should question everything about the world around them. Question religion. Question the government. Think on the deeper things of life, and you'll go father doing that than you ever would by practicing organized religion. Religion although it may appear harmless to simply "believe" can actually do harm to people's relationships as well as dehumanize you as a person. Religion can drive people to do some really insane things that a normal otherwise common-sense savy human wouldn't do. I've seen it happen. I'm just warning others. Seek peace, but also seek knowledge. And question the foundations of everything, because in questioning things, things will be revealed to you by life and you'll find answers to these questions you seek. I just don't think the answers we all have about life lies in religion. At all.

Yes I understand.  However we have been doing it your way all through history, Christians included and it does not seem to be working. 

You read Nietzsche I believe.

Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.

from Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy