Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I thought it was time for another of these

Myles

Do you think the creature we know as "bigfoot" exists?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the creature we know as "bigfoot" exists?

• Yes
    • No

I'm guessing we end up somewhere around:

Yes - 10%

No - 90%

• Like 3

What about those who are keeping an open mind about him it? :D

• Like 2

Yes, and he is the Republican party's nomination for Presidential candidate

It's another Trump joke!! :D 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

What about those who are keeping an open mind about him it? :D

I did think about other options like:

"You believe it is possible" or "You are unsure", but thought those would skew it too much.   So I left it so that people had to choose one or the other.

1 minute ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

bigfoot will always exist... in my heart

Good point.   I was and am afraid people may vote that way.    Like voting YES he exists, thinking he exists in the minds of some people.    I should have said physically exists.

mind you, i voted "no"

i don't think bigfoot exists, but i do love the stories about bigfoot.

• Like 2

I used to think it was possible (I still would've voted "NO").  

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

I did think about other options like:

"You believe it is possible" or "You are unsure", but thought those would skew it too much.   So I left it so that people had to choose one or the other.

How can it be 'skewed' if it gives a true picture? I'm not voting because I honestly can't make a decision between 'yes' or 'no'.

• Like 2

I think we should ban all topics about bigfoot.  Enough is enough already. B)  Either that or we should allow them.  We should do a poll on that. 

I voted "yes" BTW.  The Patterson Film and my own eerie experience with my dogs once camping and ungodly loud chorus of frat-party/howler monkey howling on a dark forested ridge etc. etc.  The hair still stands up on my arms when I think about it.

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 2

The poll seems to suggest that over 37% of viewers here at USMB believe bigfoot could be real.  That's a pretty impressive number of posters willing to believe in unexplained mysteries like bigfoot.

Edited by SSilhouette

I thought it was time for another of these

**Checks first page.  There's literally nine threads on Bigfoot, all from this month.**

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, SSilhouette said:

The poll seems to suggest that over 37% of viewers here at USMB believe bigfoot could be real.  That's a pretty impressive number of posters willing to believe in unexplained mysteries like bigfoot.

But, that may only apply to those who've viewed the cryptozoology sub forum. Which may in itself, be a biased sample.

An interest in cryptozoology might stem from a believe in cryptids. Equally though, it might not. I'm interested in cryptozoology, but don't believe in a single cryptid. It seems to me that's a view I might share with a few here. 

Also, some may have clicked on the post, then clicked off once they realised it was about bigfoot. It may be too, that people who believe in bigfoot are more likely to express their views by voting, whereas those of us who reject the idea may not bother. 

I have absolutely no idea whether any of those points are valid. 

Personally I voted 'no' yesterday, as I am interested in seeing the results too.  

Edited by oldrover

On 8/28/2016 at 11:10 AM, SSilhouette said:

But if you break it down, you voted "YES" based off a very questionable 50 year old film and dogs acting strangely coupled with sounds.  

I've had odd experiences in the woods too and it could have been bigfoot.   I don't believe it enough to choose "YES" over "NO".

If I had to bet my house on bigfoot physically existing or not, it would go on "NO".

I voted yes because I don't believe bigfoot exists but still root for the underdog.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 10:57 PM, SSilhouette said:

ungodly loud chorus of frat-party/howler monkey howling on a dark forested ridge etc. etc.  The hair still stands up on my arms when I think about it.

I have made weird noises to campers, hikers, and hunters on several occasions. I can make some crazy noises, and I never revealed myself. 

Yes. I'm crazy like that on my woodsy excursions. 

images (30).jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

I voted yes because I don't believe bigfoot exists but still root for the underdog.

Well that is not good.   Kind of ruins the poll.   At least skews it.  

• Like 1

What if you think there may well be something in reports of "Bigfoot" but that it's not necessarily a flesh and blood creature, but may possibly be some kind of manifestation of some aspect of reality or what we can perceive of it that we don't yet fully understand?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

What if you think there may well be something in reports of "Bigfoot" but that it's not necessarily a flesh and blood creature, but may possibly be some kind of manifestation of some aspect of reality or what we can perceive of it that we don't yet fully understand?

then you can be on my radio show

as soon as i get my radio show

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Well that is not good.   Kind of ruins the poll.   At least skews it.  

The poll is in a cryptozoology forum in a Bigfoot thread.

• Like 2

^ ^ :lol: