Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pizza Delivery by Drone

Claire.

Pizza by drone: unmanned air delivery set to take off in New Zealand.

A New Zealand pizza chain aims to become the world's first company to offer a commercial drone delivery service, a milestone in the once-unthinkable quest to save time and money with an air-borne supply chain dispensing with people. Some of the world's biggest companies including Amazon.com Inc and Google, or Alphabet Inc as it is known, have plans to make deliveries by drone and aviation authorities in the United States, Britain, Australia and New Zealand have been relaxing rules to allow air deliveries.

Read more: Live Science

• Like 1

I think the jury is still out on drones.

For every positive there seems to be a negative. I was just reading the other day about them being used to get drugs into prisons. Add to that the near misses with aircraft, potential for terrorism, etc. and I doubt they'll go far without some serious restrictions.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I think the jury is still out on drones.

For every positive there seems to be a negative. I was just reading the other day about them being used to get drugs into prisons. Add to that the near misses with aircraft, potential for terrorism, etc. and I doubt they'll go far without some serious restrictions.

Acts of terrorism were my first thought. Cold pizza, my second. It's beyond me why drones would be allowed for such a purpose, when the potential for misuse is so dangerously high. And seriously, what teenager wouldn't want to try and take one down?

• Like 3