Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained, creepy moments from childhood

Bellachoo

I LOVE, LOVE these kind of threads and I really hope people reply with some really creepy stories. I wannabe creeped out. Half of the threads similar to this one on this site where made a long time ago and I thought it would be a good idea to make a new one. Modern it up at bit. 

If you've have any; unexplained childhood memories, creepy moments, encounters with creepy people etc. Please reply. 

• Like 2

Shortly after the death of an elderly relative, I woke up with my hands in the air in front of me. It was like they were being held by something invisible and I couldn't move them. I was terrified and I tried to call out to my Mother, but I lost my voice from the fear. Whatever it was released my hands and they dropped down. 

• Like 2

I had a ginger Tom cat when I was very young.  At around 6 or 7 years old we had to have him put to sleep, he was old and had a terrible infection in his ear.

i can't remember how long it was after he died, but one night I was lying awake in bed in my room and in the reflection of the TV I could see on the floor a shape that looked curiously like a ginger Tom cat curled up asleep.  I spent ages petrified, until eventually I plucked up the courage to look at the area of floor that had the reflection, and to my relief there was an old orange blanket I used to have.

i got out of bed and moved the blanket well out of the way and got back into bed.  To my horror the reflection was still there.  I slept with my mum that night and luckily we had three bedrooms and I am an only child I moved into the spare bedroom.  It was years before I felt comfortable spending time in that room again.

• Like 6

The creaking sounds of the house...sounded exactly like someonething coming up the stairs.  The "shape" standing at the end of my bed with its arms outstretched to either side.  I still don't like my parent's basement--though it pales in comparison to the root cellar of the house I'm at now--and every once in a while have some spectacularly strange nightmares about it, the house my parents own beside their's, and the neighborhood I grew up in.

Nothing a good laugh can't blow off nowadays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I died and came back. That's my story. 

Do you have memories of a past life?? And where did you go?? Lazarus? 

Any who, actually creepy event bit not sure how it will be taken. Think I was 22 at the time and my best friend and our girlfriends had partaken in some particular fungal entertainment.  We walked the city and ended up at a very large notorious cemetery and decided to explore.

Wasn't long before we were separated somehow, I started calling out for the others. Now people claim that some of the homeless call this place home, so with that in mind, I continue.

It was dark, moon hidden behind clouds. I come upon a group walking towards me, three people, I call out, no response. They are all wearing hoods.

I shake it off that maybe some other homeless folks are walking around or maybe some pot heads and keep looking for my friends. Then I started seeing more groups like this. None spoke, though I continued calling out.  Can't explain the creepy vibe. 

Finally, met back up with my friends and they all experienced the same thing. Couldn't figure how we were separated and they all tried calling out to the hooded people. Weird

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Do you have memories of a past life?? And where did you go?? Lazarus? 

I was 7 riding my bike down a big hill. One of the teenagers that lived in the neighborhood, decided to throw a stick into my tires. I fell head first off my bike into a large rock. Busted my head open. I bleed out, nothing but darkness. All I could feel was cold. Can't even remember when I woke up.

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

I was 7 riding my bike down a big hill. One of the teenagers that lived in the neighborhood, decided to throw a stick into my tires. I fell head first off my bike into a large rock. Busted my head open. I bleed out, nothing but darkness. All I could feel was cold. Can't even remember when I woke up.

No way. I was 7, it was 1991 and I was riding my bike with a friend biking right behind me through a little trail in the woods. My shoestrings tangled in the petals, bike went down, head landed right on the trail. Jamie, friend behind me, can't stop. Front tire popped up over my head and his chain gear cut into my skull. Woke up in the e.r.

• Like 1

When I was in kindergarten (1982, I believe it was), I used to have an imaginary friend called Mr. Bones.  As one could assume, he was a skeleton.  So for awhile things were good with us, I even attempted to draw him, but to no avail. so one night I have a dream that I'm coming up from the basement, and at the far end of the kitchen is Mr. Bones.  He doesn't look as friendly as he made himself out to be.  He rushed at me with his teeth chattering, and moving in that rhythmic, menacing way the skells did in the old Disney Halloween cartoons.  So after that, we were done.  I wanted nothing more to do with him.

Sixteen years ago, we had to move from our house because the city was widening the boulevard we were on, and the sidewalk would have been at our front porch.  So, about a week before the move, I'm up at 2 in the morning watching CHiPs with my mom, a show I loved as a kid.  That night, I have the identical same nightmare as before.  The only difference is, I'm an adult.  

A few years back, I'm reading the book Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis, and there's a scene in the book where a skeleton with chattering teeth comes running down the stairs.  I never felt such a cold chill in my life.  I actually stopped reading the book for the day, I was that freaked out.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

The creaking sounds of the house...sounded exactly like someonething coming up the stairs.  The "shape" standing at the end of my bed with its arms outstretched to either side.  I still don't like my parent's basement--though it pales in comparison to the root cellar of the house I'm at now--and every once in a while have some spectacularly strange nightmares about it, the house my parents own beside their's, and the neighborhood I grew up in.

The stairs in my house used to do that when I was little and for years I was literally convicted that there was robber or some monster coming up the stairs to get me. 

These stories are really creepy O_O

And i didn't even post my own creepy stories. So here are some of the creepy things that have happened to me over the years. 

1. This is the one that I remember very clearly. When I was about 10 I was harassed by two really odd girls. At first they acted all sweet and friendly to me but kept on telling me to go with them to see this 'amazing rock pool' that was full of shells. Now my mum always told me to never to talk to strangers and the whole time I was with them her words just kept on running through my head. There was no way I was going with them. After I told them so they started to get really annoyed and the main girl (the one who spoke the most) grabbed my wrist and started SQUEEZING it until it really hurt. She basically threatened me and I remember her saying that terrible things would happen if I didn't come with her. By this point I was crying my eyes out and I guess she thought that it would draw attention because she finally let go and walked off. I never saw them again after that, and I stupidly never told my parents. The things that seemed odd about them was that they were both barefoot even though the pavement was roasting from the sun, if you walked on it you would literally burn your feet. And both of their eyes were a weird colour, sort of like a orangery-brown. And why they were so fixated on me going to the rock pool I do not know. 

2. Not so much creepy more disturbing. I was waiting for my friends in the park, mostly looking down at my phone but when I would look up a rocket-shaped climbing frame took up most of my vision. Then without warning all I hear is a piercing scream and I look up just in time to see a girl about 10 or 11 fall from the very top of the climbing frame and land on the floor with a sickening thud. I just remember flinging my phone and running towards the girl. And when I got there I don't know what was worse, the sight of the expanding pool of blood around the girl's cracked open head or the hysterical crying of the girl's boy friend above us. This memory will stick with me forever I think, it was just a really horrible thing to see. 

3. When I was 12 me and my best friend went to a fun fair/circus and as we were passing the portaloos a massive clown came out of the one of the loos and much to our growing horror stopped right in front of us. Me, my best friend and the clown had a mini staring contest before he burst out into creepy sounding laughter. We were so freaked out that we just shoved past him and kept on running. I don't know whether he was actual clown from the circus who was trying to make us laugh or a nut dressed up as one. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2016 at 2:18 PM, XenoFish said:

I died and came back. That's my story. 

That is a wonderful story!

I've been haunted by a couple evil demons girls. One time awake in my room, they whispered evil things in my ears.

A couple times while I was in bed, once when I was in the hospital. They started getting annoying so I showed them

who the powerful wizard was, and sent them into my evil jar!

• Like 2

18 years old was at a job with mom she was a home carer so would go to people's homes and do care work (cooking, cleaning, showering them etc) and I went to her car to grab something. Walking back in I felt something in my leg, first thought spider web so brushed it off not worried. Go back with a flashlight/torch light little later BIG Huntsman (hairy Aussie Spider) looking back at me in the lights shine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LostSouls7 said:

That is a wonderful story!

I really can't say something creepy happened to me. I've seen the lizardman (half asleep), seen ghost (half asleep), and felt strange energy (half asleep). All those things can be summed up by a wayward imagination due to sleep deprivation. As for sheer creepy does almost being kidnapped count?

• Like 2

Here's one from my early teens.

Me, and three of my friends were walking our bikes up a long steep dark road at night. Since it was dark, and surrounded by woods I decided to ask a creepy question. I said: "What would you guys do if suddenly you smelled the stench of a rotting carcass? ", "Then you heard the sound of a chain being dragged through the woods?", "Then right in front of us out stepped a Werewolf standing upright with a collar dragging a broken chain, then it noticed us, and started to growl?".

My friends were intrigued, but as soon as they started answering all of a sudden we started smelling a dead animal. Just after remarking about the smell we heard from the woods the sound. The sound of something walking dragging a broken chain.

One by one like dominoes my friends turned their bikes around, and jetted down the hill. I stood there for just a moment alone. Then I followed suit thinking we have to take the long way home.

To this day we chalk it up to coincidence, but a creepy one. I probably picked up subconsciously on a dog broke loose dragging a chain doing what dogs do around smelly things?

Or was it?

509fc677f6709278568a9b28d230e6c2.jpg

• Like 3

My niece Brianna (she's 6 year younger then me) and I were walking back from a shopping center we went through our local park back in 2002 (I was 14 and she was 8). We crossed the first bridge I sat on a seat while she went an looked at the creek, she suddenly ran over to me and said THERE'S A HUGE RAT IN THE WATER! I told her yeah right Bri stop lying, she kept repeating it until I got up and looked. there was a Rat the size of a small (Fox Terrier size) dog swimming in the creek. We ran back to my house (10 min walk) because it was HUGE for a Rat. Dad wouldn't believe us, my mom did and my sister/Bris mom did. 5 years later I was Googling giant Rats and found proof they can get that big. We know 100% it wasn't a dog, I've had dogs of different sizes my whole life and it wasn't late in the day where things look bigger. Also no one would be stupid enough to let their dogs in that water, it's got leeches in it.

• Like 1

This isn't a personal experience, aside from it happening in the house I grew up in. It was a beautiful old house built in the 1920s and (according to our neighbors) rumored to be haunted. My parents and I not once noticed anything unusual in the years we lived there, and the house never felt creepy ever. I guess it helped that we didn't believe that nonsense. We rarely had overnight guests, but on the few occasions when we did, almost all had the same (or similar) dream of dead priests rising through the floors. The two subjects my parents had little patience for were religion and the paranormal.. so you can well imagine how amused they were about it.

• Like 7

This kinda creeped me out. I was 13, kinda overweight, very active in my evangelical church. Performed every Sunday with my acoustic, taught a Sunday school class and preached the Sunday sermon every third Sunday.  Church was a very tight knit group, like family, maybe 30 members in an old country church. 

My pastor was a salt of the earth type, 70 something. Very quite until preaching hell fire and brimstone.

One night I had a dream of an airport, my perspective was from a chair in a long corridor beside a gift shop. People were walking all around, being normal, and at the end of this corridor I see a figure in a white suit with long blonde hair, go-tee? very muscular and taller than me walking towards me. BLack cane with silver tips. Too young for a cane. Very confident, but not fast, stride.

Then I see everything behind him fading to gray and the people stop moving and freeze as he walks by. Walks right up to me and looks me in the eyes, honey brown eyes and smiles. 

The next morning, my interpretation of the dream was that something was coming to tear the church apart. I don't know how I reached that conclusion, but I talked it over with my pastor and he didn't think much of it. But I knew.

Fast forward, I'm 16, my pastor recently retired and turned the church over to this new guy. Maybe in his 40's, looked nothing like my dream character, all around good guy. I spent the last three years holy rolling and pretty much forgot about my dream. Some nights i couldnt sleep because i heard voices telling me to blaspheme, the one unforgivable sin, over and over. Church roster grew to over 200 maintaining that family vibe. We have a revival.

The visiting pastor and his companions begin randomly speaking in tongues throughout the service. The locals did not believe this was of God, and several church members were talking amongst themselves about how it's not right. They were casting out demons, and knocking people out cold with a touch to the forehead claiming the power of God. 

I, being a pastor and senior member of the church, knew there was a passage in the bible that describes to a T how tongues should be spoken and interpreted.  After the worship service, I grabbed the mic, led everyone in a prayer, spoke of love and acceptance and being faithful to gods word. Then I read the passage from the bible and all hell broke loose. Punches were thrown, people were swearing at one another, the lines were grey. I never thought that could happen in my church!

Ultimately, I stood in the pulpit and watched everyone leave, including our new pastor, never to return. The church, to this day, is still just an empty boarded up building.  I haven't heard those voices since the night before this happened.

A few months later, i'm trying on my tux for prom. My date picked it out. I look in the mirror and there I am- white tux, muscular, neat goatee, long blonde hair, honey brown eyes and as the memory starts to hit me the tailor walks up and hands me a black cane with silver tips.

• Like 3

I reckon I was around nine years old. I was laying in bed, in the most comfortable position possible...with my arm draped over the edge. While comfortable, it is always frightening. Anyway, I fell asleep in this position and I woke up maybe around two thirty because of some disturbance. I felt my hand go numb, and I then felt like it was being grasped and tugged on. I then felt a negative presence and a heavy sense of dread. I heard whispers right in my ear, and then had the sense of hypnic jerk (falling sensation.) It was scary as hell. I can't sleep in that position anymore haha 

Edited by drowning-lessons
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2016 at 1:21 AM, XenoFish said:

But strangely you survived. Must have been someone looking out for you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly don't remember how old I was exactly, but I remember being in my crib, so I had to be pretty young at the time this happened. I've always shared a bedroom with my older sister when we were growing up. And I remember that she wasn't in bed yet, but I saw this black shaped figure coming down the hallway, headed in the direction of our bedroom. It sort of resembled my sisters shape, atm. Being that I was so little, I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary, until it seemed to notice that I saw it. All of a sudden, it flew really fast down the hallway, and once it reached being face to face with me, it completely vanished. I screamed bloody murder and starting crying. I don't remember anything after that.

• Like 1

When I was little my bedroom was off the livingroom,and my parents said they would hear me talking to someone every night as they left the door open a crack. I was saying things like "leave me alone chocolate man, I'm sleeping" My folks told me this was pretty much an every nite occurance.

Long story short, I woke up at about 4:30am and sat upright and strared at my closet.I recall being terrified,couldnt call out and was sweating profusely.I eventually ran out of my room and jumped in between my folks under the covers.After that day I refused to sleep in the room.My folks asked why and I told them the chocolate man wouldnt leave me alone.

My folks were renting at the time,so my folks talked to the owner about what was going on with me.They said she cried,and asked to see me.They then told me she asked if she could take me to church and they all went with her. The priest blessed me,she said prayers and I was given a rosery.

Pretty much there after the incidences stopped.The owner was African American, the room I slept in was her sons..... she had come home one day to find him hanging in the clost.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, horrorgirl81 said:

I honestly don't remember how old I was exactly, but I remember being in my crib, so I had to be pretty young at the time this happened. I've always shared a bedroom with my older sister when we were growing up. And I remember that she wasn't in bed yet, but I saw this black shaped figure coming down the hallway, headed in the direction of our bedroom. It sort of resembled my sisters shape, atm. Being that I was so little, I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary, until it seemed to notice that I saw it. All of a sudden, it flew really fast down the hallway, and once it reached being face to face with me, it completely vanished. I screamed bloody murder and starting crying. I don't remember anything after that.

You made me think of Vampira's intro.

• Like 1

My unexplained childhood memories?

Well, I have some, like

- Repeated memories on the past lives of my soul (I was levitating during it)

- Toys that were moving themselves in the nights

- A tree that suddenly appeared in my room in the night

- Circle of Stars etc.

But I have an explanation. I am one of the elected, it was "God's Powers".

HOWEVER: Later I have found out that many such miracles are imitated (e.g. flashes of lights), meaning artificially created, by "secret service" that observes people in secret at least tens of years.