Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Humanoid Footprint Found in China

seeder

Bigfoot, is That You? Fossilized Humanoid Footprint Found in China

Several larger-than-normal human footprints fossilized in a rock were discovered in China's southwestern province of Guizhou. On August 24, a group of photographers detected a set of giant human footprints in the rock located in Pingyan village, local media reported. One of the footprints, which may date back to ancient times, is in the shape of a left foot that is 57 centimeters long, 20 centimeters wide and 3 centimeters deep.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/asia/20160826/1044675617/china-footprint-discovery.html

• Like 3

Seeder, I'm just curious as to why you placed this in the 'Science' part of the forum.

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Seeder, I'm just curious as to why you placed this in the 'Science' part of the forum.

Did I? Seems to have been moved then...oddly? Mind you its late in the morning here.....beers etc  :lol:

• Like 2

Oh my, now that's a big foot!

18 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Probably because this is an ancient fossil impossible to hoax.

• Like 1

... and it proves that modern foot wear gradually made feet to evolve towards smaller proportions ... now we can safely guess at what women's feet are gonna end up looking like

~ :D

On 29/8/2016 at 10:32 PM, OverSword said:

Probably because this is an ancient fossil impossible to hoax.

Is it? 

Anyway unfortunately the article is quite rubbish, citing doubtful sources,  like the embedded video.  Does the guy know that granite in an igneous rock,  meaning that when it could have been in a condition to be stomped on and marked,  it would have been quite hot? Besides,  being an intrusive rock,  it pops here on the surface already solid (if memory serves me right). Of course,  if such a giant indeed ever existed,  I reckon he could have done whatever he wanted, even surfing on hot magma. 

It's a shame they provided little to no real useful data.