Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SEAL Team 6 and a Man Left for Dead

Claire.

SEAL Team 6 and a Man Left for Dead: A Grainy Picture of Valor

An airman with the unit is being considered for the Medal of Honor after new video analysis suggested that he fought alone bravely in a 2002 battle on an Afghan peak.

Read more: The New York Times

A really sad story. If Sgt. John Chapman doesn't get the Medal of Honor, I will freak.

• Like 5

Doubt it Clair, the world has far more to think about - I mean, Kim Kardashian selfied her bum again.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Doubt it Clair, the world has far more to think about - I mean, Kim Kardashian selfied her bum again.

Yeah no kidding. While Kim is injecting her butt, SEAL Team 6 is out busting theirs. They're overused, misused, and rarely rewarded.

• Like 2

This whole incident put them in a bad light.  Giving the dead airman a Medal of Honor is a black eye for them.  They accidentally left him to die and because if that he fought alone till the end.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

This whole incident put them in a bad light.  Giving the dead airman a Medal of Honor is a black eye for them.  They accidentally left him to die and because if that he fought alone till the end.  

There's no question a horrific mistake was made, and although they are not taking a position one way or the other on the incident, the SEALs are at least supportive of Chapman getting the award. And whether it's a black eye for them or not, the worst of it is that it no doubt killed them to find out that they left one of their own alone - still alive. That would be the worst of it for them.

• Like 2