Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Obama again?

cerberusxp

Trust  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Hillary?

2. 2. Do you trust Trump?

Obama the first President to Not ever reach 3% GDP in a double term. You really want more of the same policies of over regulation and taxation on job creators? Not to mention an accelerated increase in Military aged male refugees? Along with open boarder policy!

Edited by cerberusxp

Poll doesn't seem to match up with the title, but I for one don't trust any politician (or aspiring politician).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Professor Buzzkill said:

Poll doesn't seem to match up with the title, but I for one don't trust any politician (or aspiring politician).

Which one is a lawyer and a Politician?

• Like 3

We are as divided as we have ever been and I believe she will win because of that and that only.  I think those on the Left will vote for her no matter what proof is offered about her crimes and immoralities.  America is at the threshold of a very bad time.

• Like 2

Well, here's someone who seems optimistic: Donald Trump Is Going To Be Elected :cry:

Now, does anyone notice, not a single mention, far less any hint of any criticism of his rival? And the Media isn't biased at all, oh dear me no. :blush:

• Like 1

As far as the question, do I trust either of them? Do you mean would I trust them to do what they've promised in their campaign? Well, of course not, though perhaps for different reasons. The Donald tends to say more or less the first thing that comes into his head and his promises are so vague and impractical that there's probably no way they'd ever been attainable (for some of his more wild and impractical notions, building Walls to keep out Mexicans and whatever it is his may have said this week about Muslims, probably that's not a bad thing if they have to actually stop and think how practical they might be), and  Making Americ Great Again (TM), isn't really a promise or a pledge, it's just a slogan really isn't it. But does anyone really believe that the Hillary really really cares deeply about women, or minorities, or Muslims, or Mexicans, or the LGBTQ community? Does she really see that as anything other than simply a source of lots of votes? Considering how much she's the candidate of Wall Street and the gigantically wealthy military suppliers, does anyone really think she cares two hoots about any minorities. and anyone at all who isn't extremely rich and/or the CEO of a gigantic corporation? 

But do I trust them in a wider way? Well, the Donald, for all his eccentricities, frankly has a much more sane view of the world and of  the importance of getting along with other powerful countries, while there is, I really do think, a genuine look of genuine, psychopathic insanity in the Hillary's eyes. So I think frankly I'd trust the Donald more to not be absolutely bat**** insane. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

We are as divided as we have ever been and I believe she will win because of that and that only.  I think those on the Left will vote for her no matter what proof is offered about her crimes and immoralities.  America is at the threshold of a very bad time.

I think that's why the majority will vote for her, and I also mean republicans as well. You show a lot of in-fighting within the party more than enough times on MSM people are bound to see it as truth. Plus let's face it as smart as we think we are as American's were still kinda ignorant on what's really happening in D.C. 

Well, many just assume that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. Personally, I'm not convinced of this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

...Does she really see that as anything other than simply a source of lots of votes? Considering how much she's the candidate of Wall Street and the gigantically wealthy military suppliers, does anyone really think she cares two hoots about any minorities. and anyone at all who isn't extremely rich and/or the CEO of a gigantic corporation? 

This is what really bothers me about Clinton. Look at all the stuff about her involvement in 'pay to play' politics and her use of Bleach Bit to remove her emails about 'yoga and the wedding' (we're supposed to believe that).

With Trump, all we really know is that he's spent his life being a big mouthed (but quite clever/crafty) businessman. Unfortunately, the liberal leaning media has promoted Trump as being some type of 'super racist' and he's ran his mouth at every opportunity to make himself look bad.

I highly suspect Clinton will get the majority of electoral votes even if Trump can manage to get the popular vote. Four more years of no borders, not stopping criminals and drug dealers, governmental control of business/trade. The result will be horrific conditions by 2020. Perhaps the Republicans will restructure and clean their own house and run someone in 2020 that can win?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

This is what really bothers me about Clinton. Look at all the stuff about her involvement in 'pay to play' politics and her use of Bleach Bit to remove her emails about 'yoga and the wedding' (we're supposed to believe that).

With Trump, all we really know is that he's spent his life being a big mouthed (but quite clever/crafty) businessman. Unfortunately, the liberal leaning media has promoted Trump as being some type of 'super racist' and he's ran his mouth at every opportunity to make himself look bad.

I highly suspect Clinton will get the majority of electoral votes even if Trump can manage to get the popular vote. Four more years of no borders, not stopping criminals and drug dealers, governmental control of business/trade. The result will be horrific conditions by 2020. Perhaps the Republicans will restructure and clean their own house and run someone in 2020 that can win?

Hopefully by 2020 if we're not all dead :rofl: we can just clean house ourselves. I've always said this about Donald Trump he's that guy you really want to punch in the face at the job, but it doesn't matter he's always going to be that big mouth hotshot, and that's why I just calmed down on him. Hillary on the other hand well................what hasn't been said. 

I voted nay on both but I'm voting for trump.

With the email scandal and the wiki leaks alone I really don't know he she is acceptable to people other then people just listen to the media and celebrities. 

The main reasons people don't like trump seems to be because he says "mean things" ...

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I voted nay on both but I'm voting for trump.

With the email scandal and the wiki leaks alone I really don't know he she is acceptable to people other then people just listen to the media and celebrities. 

The main reasons people don't like trump seems to be because he says "mean things" ...

And just this morning more evidence of "pay to play" in these new e-mails. If she sold us out for personal gain as SOS, how much more can she sell as POTUS? And I'm starting to think that's her entire reason for running...to line her pockets. She gives not a rat's ass about any of us...I can't see any reason why Trump would put himself and his family thru all of this other than he wants the U.S. to be on a better path. If he can start us down that road I'm willing to take a chance that he can accomplish at least a part of what he's saying.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Frankly, saying 'mean things' is less objectionable than doing 'criminal things'...IMO anyway.

• Like 9

Y'all understand there are more than two presidential candidates...  http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm

So if y'all don't like Lie-lary or "The Donald", you may choose from, but not limited to:

• Jill Stein
  • Gary Johnson
  • Darrell Castle
  • Evan McMullin
  • Gloria LaRiva
  • Rocky de la Fuente
  • Emidio "Mimi" Soltysik
  • Alyson Kennedy

Personally, I like either Princess Khadijah Jacob Fambro or "Joe Exotic" Maldonado.  Click the link to view more.

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 1

I guess it is not true for everyone, that's why there are those that will vote for Hilary no matter what.  But many like myself are good judges of character.  And as far as I am concerned, character is the most important attribute of a person.  I’ll vote on character before platform.  Platform is built on character.  The Character of Obama has always been questionable and so has Hilary's.  Trump is inexperienced in the world of governmental politics.  It's a bit different than in the business world.  Both are vicious but one uses diplomacy to attack their opponent.  But Trump's character is based on a solid foundation.  He has a lot of OJT to go through and will have to compromise.  It's not that he will have to compromise but character drives how he will compromise.  And that is a key to look at.  His supporters knew he must compromise somehow from the very beginning.  His rhetoric was needed to drive us in the right direction.  We saw a glimpse of this last week at the Austin/Hannity rally.  The MSM will make claims that Trump is backpedaling but the character of the MSM these days is just as poor as Hilary.  The reason that the MSM supports Hilary is because they are both cut from the same decaying fabric. 

Trump is establishing his policy and he couldn’t have done it if he hadn’t started beyond what was really needed.  It was too easy for people to think that his *wall* would be erected the entire 1900 miles.  The Rio Grande border makes up for about 1200 miles of the 1900 mile border with Mexico, so obviously a wall the entire length is impracticable.  You aren’t going to have a 1200 mile thalweg.  It just needs to be 700 miles.  The “Wall” as it has become to be known as is not just a high brick-wall (Great Wall of Chinaesque) but a complete barrier system.  A barrier made up of various sectors, natural and manmade (including technological and the human factor). 

There are probably *WAY* more than 11 million illegals here and they are all felons by virtue of being here.  But we can start getting rid of the worse of the criminal element and undesirables.  There will have to be some form of amnesty but all felons must be willing to pay a heavy fine.  Either monetary or being ineligible to vote, etc.  Military service would be one path.  If you are willing to lay down your life for this country, then you are already an American as long as you are not going through the motions.  All must give an oath of loyalty to this nation and the least violation is death.  If you are in college and an activist, then you need to get behind this in order to be righteous.  All will need to be documented.  Americans will take precedence when it comes to jobs and benefits.  There can be a path to citizenship but they would need to go to the back of the line. 

It may be unbearable for many and it will weed out many more encouraging them to return to their place of origin.  But those that remain will have gone through a crucible proving their worth.  Trump will work at closing the border and processing illegals.  Hilary will do neither.  That is the greatest revealer of character.  As President, their duty is to America and Americans FIRST.  PERIOD!  The President is the primary enforcer of our Law.  That’s why the first two Charges given this government are Establish Justice and Insure Domestic Tranquility.  Porous or no borders at all is a violation of those and is high treason.

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

yea, there are, all of them have 0 chance of WH thou.

Possibly.  But I guess I'm tired of the 'we only have these two crappy choices' attitude.

If we want change, we can't wait for the Dems or the Repubs to do it.  It may take a while, but overall I'm surprised at the defeatist train of thought most people have regarding this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, supervike said:

If we want change, we can't wait for the Dems or the Repubs to do it. 

you can not wait for anyone to do it, not just reps or dems, the thing is, it does not matter who, or what party is in charge, people that have real power, all act same way. or they would not  have that power.  

when ppl who is in the gvmnt promise they will change things if you vote for them, ask yourself what stopped them from making those changes before?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, supervike said:

Possibly.  But I guess I'm tired of the 'we only have these two crappy choices' attitude.

We only have one crappy choice.  Trump is a very good choice.  He’s just not polished in this field.  He is a very capable person.

If we want change, we can't wait for the Dems or the Repubs to do it.  It may take a while, but overall I'm surprised at the defeatist train of thought most people have regarding this.

We’re not waiting for the Repubs (or the Establishment) to do it.  This time, it’s the people making the choice (at least in the Primaries).  If we want something other than Establishment this time, Trump is the only choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aftermath said:

Y'all understand there are more than two presidential candidates...  http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm

So if y'all don't like Lie-lary or "The Donald", you may choose from, but not limited to:

• Jill Stein
  • Gary Johnson
  • Darrell Castle
  • Evan McMullin
  • Gloria LaRiva
  • Rocky de la Fuente
  • Emidio "Mimi" Soltysik
  • Alyson Kennedy

Personally, I like either Princess Khadijah Jacob Fambro or "Joe Exotic" Maldonado.  Click the link to view more.

I'm going with this one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I'm going with this one. 

I saw that...  and I liked Andy and the concept of Andy until I read his position on Quantum Transparency...  then he lost me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aftermath said:

• Jill Stein
  • Gary Johnson
  • Darrell Castle
  • Evan McMullin
  • Gloria LaRiva
  • Rocky de la Fuente
  • Emidio "Mimi" Soltysik
  • Alyson Kennedy

2 hours ago, supervike said:

There are other candidates.

Don't blame the media for you not doing your homework.

Hey Aftermath!

I just wanted to point out that my post was not in response to your post.   I think we posted at almost the same time.

We were thinking the same thing, mentioning 'other' candidates.  But the way it reads in the thread, is like I was chastising you for not doing your homework.  THat wasn't the case at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

10 minutes ago, supervike said:

We only have one crappy choice.  Trump is a very good choice.  He’s just not polished in this field.  He is a very capable person.

We’re not waiting for the Repubs (or the Establishment) to do it.  This time, it’s the people making the choice (at least in the Primaries).  If we want something other than Establishment this time, Trump is the only choice.

A 'very good' choice?  This is the same guy that says he knows more about ISIS than all the Generals?  The same guy who has lied repeatedly, and continues to do so?  He's nothing but a used car salesman.  He knows how to sell a junker.  And that's what he is.  He excels at one thing.  bull****ting people.  He's been doing it for decades.  He has no real policy for anything, just rhetoric and one liners.   I don't care how much 'polishing' it's going to take.  He's still a turd.

41 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I'm going with this one. http://andy2016.com/proposals/

30 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

I saw that...  and I liked Andy and the concept of Andy until I read his position on Quantum Transparency...  then he lost me.

I liked the completeness of his proposals but many are ultimately Progressive and CTer wet dreams.  I especially like the one that questions the moon landings yet the next one says we’ve got bases on Mars.  And then Guaranteed Income is another.  Talk about the quickest way to gut the free market system.  Now some nations provide a government dividend to its citizens especially the oil emirates but that’s because some industry is nationalized, the population is small and the business is successful.  For it to work here, our government would have to produce something.  It doesn’t.  We wouldn’t be able to rely on taking it from someone else because that well goes dry.  Plus, it would destroy the work ethic of the nation and the nation then dies with no incentive to strive.