Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does acupuncture actually work ?

UM-Bot

9 hours ago, third_eye said:

Image(553).jpg

Just look at my wonderful foot now ... permanent scar and all :lol:

~

Using the simplest remedies is always the best. Glad your foot is better, a scar is better than a foot replacement. (can they do that now?) I also agree that prevention is always best and relying on simpler methods is preferable. A hot pack of castor oil, for example, works well for many things.

Anyways I guess I have the "wait and see" mindset. I don't want things to live up to my expectations, either it is or is not. Perhaps this is where we may be misunderstanding one another. I told the practitioner what my symptoms were and how I was feeling but as I look back I do recall that he asked hardly any questions. Perhaps this is what he should have done. Perhaps this is largely why there were no results, no digging, no inquiries or anything. Oh well. At least I now know what it feels like to be a pincushion. :P

P.S: You're not old, age is largely a matter of mindset. :)

• Like 1

Although there is no scientific evidence that acupuncture works, it has proven to be very effective for many of the patients. My aunt had severe back pain and had tried several therapies and massages to get relief from the pain. None of them worked, and she tried acupuncture from a physiotherapy clinic in Toronto. It was really effective. She told that the treatment is based on the Chinese belief that diseases are caused by disruptions to the flow of energy. The pain never came back. It really works.