Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans are so different

Lucifer.

Has anyone ever noticed that not a single animal acts even close to us? I mean yeah chimps have wars, fights and lots of anger like us and use simple tools but then again do you they have to use sun screen? Do they need to cook their meat and other foods so they don't get sick? 

Then added on to that we are not strong AT ALL nor are we fast, we are smart but still fail simple tests and the only reason we succeed is because of our ancestors sharing their learning's with younger generations. Are humans just some kind of species that got lucky or were we always meant to be at the top of the food chain (behind viruses's etc....)

56 minutes ago, Lucifer. said:

Has anyone ever noticed that not a single animal acts even close to us? I mean yeah chimps have wars, fights and lots of anger like us and use simple tools but then again do you they have to use sun screen? Do they need to cook their meat and other foods so they don't get sick? 

Then added on to that we are not strong AT ALL nor are we fast, we are smart but still fail simple tests and the only reason we succeed is because of our ancestors sharing their learning's with younger generations. Are humans just some kind of species that got lucky or were we always meant to be at the top of the food chain (behind viruses's etc....)

Evolution happens.

• Like 1

I would say the average human being is not very intelligent. What I mean is, our technology, for instance, is invented by a small elite of way above average intelligent humans. Remove these few highly intelligent humans from history and we'd all be living back in the stone age.

Our evolution enables us to only survive, and we're lucky that by flukes of our genes enable some to rise above mere survival, and this benefits the rest of us who ride along on their shoulders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucifer. said:

Then added on to that we are not strong AT ALL

http://www.paulandersonpark.com/short_walk.php

We all have the potential for great physical strength. It is through the use of technology that we don't need to develop it for the most part. Especially when the average physical demands on our bodies are only a few pounds of lifting a day. Very few of us are chopping down trees with an axe or out stalking prey for dinner. Most of us are fat lazy couch potato's.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucifer. said:

Has anyone ever noticed that not a single animal acts even close to us?

Its relative. We can observe a LOT of similar behavior, I would say, more than you realize,  we are. after all , primates, and much of our behavior is primate behavior, just a lot more complex in certain areas and lacking in other areas,

I mean yeah chimps have wars, fights and lots of anger like us and use simple tools but then again do you they have to use sun screen? Do they need to cook their meat and other foods so they don't get sick? "

I think you are referring to human culture - no , other animals do not do that.  Humans can actually live pretty well on non-cooked food and no, animals with hair dont need sunscreen   :) 

"Then added on to that we are not strong AT ALL nor are we fast, we are smart"

Again, its relative. 

"but still fail simple tests and the only reason we succeed is because of our ancestors sharing their learning's with younger generations."

All animals do that. 

"Are humans just some kind of species that got lucky or were we always meant to be at the top of the food chain (behind viruses's etc....) "

I was about to outline the essential difference but you question now seems to have taken a religious or philosophical turn. I suppose one could say we got 'lucky' as there have been a few types of  Humans, we seem to be the only type left. Either luck of the 'survivors of circumstance' . 

Again, top of the food chain,  that can be relative, luck, circumstance .... depends where you are . 

Image result for huge shark

( I wonder if that guy knows that .......  )  

Edited by back to earth

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

http://www.paulandersonpark.com/short_walk.php

We all have the potential for great physical strength. It is through the use of technology that we don't need to develop it for the most part. Especially when the average physical demands on our bodies are only a few pounds of lifting a day. Very few of us are chopping down trees with an axe or out stalking prey for dinner. Most of us are fat lazy couch potato's.

'us'  ?  

Image result for child labour     Image result for child labour

19 hours ago, Lucifer. said:

Some chimps do engage in war activity via lethal raiding. Several types of social insects do too- ants are particularly noted for their wars, and there is even a suiscide bomber termite. Lions, hyenas, and wolves and to a lesser extend a few other animals have also been noted to engage in war like behavior over territory.

There are many animals that use simple tools. Dolphins, octopi, polar bears, primates, some bird, reptile, insect, and fish species, elephants.... There's more too. 

Sunscreen- some animals do produce their own, like some fish and notably hippos- that "sweating blood" actually has sunblocking chemicals in it. Other animals don't produce their own and take sunscreen tactics. Elephants dust themselves for protection, and mud wallowers like pigs and rhinos do that for sun protection. Most furred and feathered animals don't need sunblock, because their coats protect them.

Cooked foods. It's well worth noting that there have been cases of when provided with the tools for it, some chimps willingly learn how to use cooking, and like cooked food. Kanzi, is a great example. Not only did he figure it out quick, he taught his offspring how to do it too. This is an article on another group with cooking: http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/06/03/411748170/chimps-are-no-chumps-give-them-an-oven-theyll-learn-to-cook

Though not heat cooking, other animals do other food preparation too. Japanese Macaques have figured out how to season their food with sea salt and prefer it. Brown tufted capuchins process palm nuts by peeling off their outer husk, let it dry in the sun for a week so the shell is good to crack, then crack the shells with a rock. Shrikes leave lubber grasshoppers impaled on their thorns longer so the toxins drain out of the bug before the shrike eats it. Leafcutter ants grow and harvest fungus to feed their young.

They don't need to cook their foods, though some animals have shown a distinct liking for cooked food. We don't need to eat cooked foods either, there are people on raw diets and otherwise eat a lot of uncooked food just fine. And sickness does not come from if food is raw or cooked- it comes from foodborne pathogens and how the food is handled. The more handling and mishandling, the higher the likelihood of sickness. Most animals handle and mishandle their food way less. And in general seem less susceptible to the plethora of foodborne illnesses that trouble humans so much with processed foods.

I'm not sure where the not strong comes in. By comparison to many animals, yes we are physically weaker than them. But we are also stronger than a lot of animals. Same goes for physical speed. We are one of the most easily rapid adaptable species on the planet for a variety of factors. Luck has a part of it, but I think evolution as an apex predator has more to do with it.

And the only reason why many animals succeed is because of parents teaching and tending their offspring. We are far from the only animals that do it. It's notable that many reptile types tend to abandon their eggs and offspring to figure it out themselves. But other than that, it's rarity in animals not to raise their young.

• Like 2