Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homeland Security to Take Charge of Elections

RavenHawk

"This is a secure area, state your reason for entering!"

"I want to vote"

"For whom?"

"none of your damn business"

"sorry, you can't adequately explain your reason for being here, leave or be arrested"

• Like 4

Obama is going to watch over the vote.  I wonder who's going to win.

• Like 4

Should be about time to start rounding up all the Timothy Mcveigh and army of god types along with the jihadis. 

11 minutes ago, Clair said:

Has this been confirmed? I've not seen any such announcement on mainstream media anywhere.

I haven't either.  That tells me it is fact.  But I'm still not holding my breath.

• Like 2

DHS is a fascist, brownshirt remnant of the Bush Abomination.  A DHS takeover of the US election process signals the death of the Republic.

Cinch up your seabelt

8 hours ago, hacktorp said:

DHS is a fascist, brownshirt remnant of the Bush Abomination.  A DHS takeover of the US election process signals the death of the Republic.

Cinch up your seabelt

I agree that they are brown shirts.  I have always said they have to much power.  but, now their controlled by the democrats.  who want to control the election and who gets voted into office.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Clair said:

Has this been confirmed? I've not seen any such announcement on mainstream media anywhere.

Ah…Did you not view the clip in the link from the Washington Examiner from the link in the op or even from this link: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/homeland_security_readying_contingency_plan_to_take_over_election_security.html ?  This is from the horse’s mouth.  Just happens to be when Congress is in recess.  So no wonder we don’t hear it in the MSM.  Is the Reichstag burning yet?

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Ah…Did you not view the clip in the link from the Washington Examiner from the link in the op or even from this link: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/homeland_security_readying_contingency_plan_to_take_over_election_security.html ?  This is from the horse’s mouth.  Just happens to be when Congress is in recess.  So no wonder we don’t hear it in the MSM.  Is the Reichstag burning yet?

Yes I read the the Washington Examiner article as well as several others. I also read your original source even though I could barely stomach the editorializing. Your headline and post content not only stated that the decision by Homeland Security was a fait accompli, it also suggested a 'coup' had taken place. Hence my request for confirmation.

All that has thus far happened are a series of high level discussions. The election system and process have not yet been classified as 'critical infrastructure' nor is there any indication that Homeland Security has indeed take over all aspects of election cyber-security. Your headline is simply not, at this point in time, true.

• Like 1

It's true. With the media's war on alternative news, main stream would be screaming what liars they are by now. Not only is it true, their silence alone tells how messed up it is.

Edited by preacherman76

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

It's true. With the media's war on alternative news, main stream would be screaming what liars they are by now. Not only is it true, their silence alone tells how messed up it is.

It's not true. Besides, since when was mainstream media the official watchdog for alternative news outlets?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clair said:

Yes I read the the Washington Examiner article as well as several others. I also read your original source even though I could barely stomach the editorializing. Your headline and post content not only stated that the decision by Homeland Security was a fait accompli, it also suggested a 'coup' had taken place. Hence my request for confirmation.

All that has thus far happened are a series of high level discussions. The election system and process have not yet been classified as 'critical infrastructure' nor is there any indication that Homeland Security has indeed take over all aspects of election cyber-security. Your headline is simply not, at this point in time, true.

You are quite right, however, it was a statement to the press.  The high level discussions have already occurred.  It wasn’t Jeh thinking out loud.  Why do you think Congress is in recess right now (and won’t be in session next until 5/6 Sept)?  It has already happen.  That doesn’t give Congress much time to build a coalition against this move.  And they won’t be able to stop it.  The house as been broken into and the family jewels have been taken and we’re not only oblivious to it, most do not care.  This is the action of a dictator taking power and the people remain stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

You are quite right, however, it was a statement to the press.  The high level discussions have already occurred.  It wasn’t Jeh thinking out loud.  Why do you think Congress is in recess right now (and won’t be in session next until 5/6 Sept)?  It has already happen.  That doesn’t give Congress much time to build a coalition against this move.  And they won’t be able to stop it.  The house as been broken into and the family jewels have been taken and we’re not only oblivious to it, most do not care.  This is the action of a dictator taking power and the people remain stupid.

Yes I know I'm quite right, because the statement to the press was that Homeland was thinking about it NOT that they had already done it. What makes you so certain the discussions have been concluded, especially since Homeland stated that more were pending? As for Congress taking a break, it always does this time of year, returning after Labor Day. There's nothing unusual about that.

The house HAS NOT been broken into. The family jewels HAVE NOT been taken. And there is NO dictator taking power whilst people remain stupid.

How you have gleaned all that from one announcement, especially one that has stated nothing of the sort, is beyond me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clair said:

The house HAS NOT been broken into. The family jewels HAVE NOT been taken. And there is NO dictator taking power whilst people remain stupid.

Lol...That's right; the criminal thugs are merely standing on your front porch DISCUSSING how they are going to pull off the crime of the century.

So relax!  Sit back, take a big sip of kool-aid, and watch DWTS.  Besides, if we need to know anything important, it'll be on at 6.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2016 at 5:18 PM, RavenHawk said:

I haven't either.  That tells me it is fact.  But I'm still not holding my breath.

In other words, "It's the truth because it was stated in alt-media", until it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Lol...That's right; the criminal thugs are merely standing on your front porch DISCUSSING how they are going to pull off the crime of the century.

So relax!  Sit back, take a big sip of kool-aid, and watch DWTS.  Besides, if we need to know anything important, it'll be on at 6.

I'm not the one here who's drinking the kool-aid.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Clair said:

It's not true. Besides, since when was mainstream media the official watchdog for alternative news outlets?

I think it officially happened when Hillary called out Alex Jones by name. But its been going on for some time now.  

Because... National security taking charge of elections in other countries has turned out so well... No corruption, or vote tampering ever done in those nations. (Sarcasm)

Now it will probably come out that there is a hundred million dollar donation from the Clinton Foundation to the Department of Homeland Security.... :tsu: And still people would say she did nothing wrong.

• Like 3

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Homeland-Security-Election-Critical-Infrastructure/2016/08/31/id/746025/

A major issue is that there is no central system that could be attacked, since individual states run election, Johnson said, and "there's no one federal election system. There are some 9,000 jurisdictions involved in the election process."

Yeah, because it would be so much easier to fix an election if it all funneled through one Federal system. Or, it would make it so much more convenient for the hackers to only have one target rather then 9000.

Idiot. Is this really his best defense of this idea?

• Like 1

Clair is correct in that nothing has been implemented ... yet.

I believe the issue started about last month when the Secretary of Homeland Security, Jeh Johnson stated...

- "We should carefully consider whether our election system, our election process, is critical infrastructure like the financial sector, like the power grid."

- "There's a vital national interest in our election process, so I do think we need to consider whether it should be considered by my department and others critical infrastructure..."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/homeland-eyes-special-declaration-to-take-charge-of-elections/article/2600592

Let's have a look at who Jeh Johnson is...

About his nomination by Obama to become Secretary of Homeland Security...

- "He was not particularly well known when his nomination was announced in October. A multimillionaire lawyer, he is a longtime supporter of Obama, donating more than $33,000 to his political campaigns over the years."

https://www.allenbwest.com/allen/mulimillionaire-lawyer-jeh-johnson-heads-homeland-security-uh-exactly

- "In 1998, Johnson was appointed General Counsel of the Air Force by President Bill Clinton..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeh_Johnson#Air_Force_General_Counsel

Seems Johnson and Hillary Clinton have some things in common...

- "Jeh Johnson, the secretary of homeland security, and 28 of his senior staffers have been using private Web-based e-mail from their work computers for over a year, a practice criticized by cybersecurity experts and advocates of government transparency."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-07-20/homeland-security-leaders-bent-rules-on-private-e-mail

- "Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson admitted Tuesday that he banned the practice of giving homeland security officials waivers to use personal email on government computers only after a Bloomberg View article exposed that he and 28 other senior officials were using their personal emails at work."

- "When I read the story I said, 'You know whoops this is not a good practice so I should discontinue it'," Johnson said..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/johnson-whoops-using-personal-email-dhs-n395781

Ya... "Whoops":rolleyes:

But in all honesty... What difference, at this point, does it make?!

Whatever his intentions are, at least you can count on him to be impartial... ummm...  bi-partisan... you can at least count on him having an interest in seeing his suggestions come to fruition. :wacko:

• Like 4

Nothing like transparency from the government to reduce the feel of oppression. 

• Like 2

Jesus, it figures all the conspiracy theorists would be all over this one. Like Clair said nothing has happened yet and there is a lot of misinformation here about it. And like Clair pointed out even the OP's post is totally wrong .. and deliberately so.

Those of you who want to believe it is some huge conspiracy to rig the election and to oppress the American public can go ahead and do so, but you also need to know that the voting system in some states is archaic and pathetic. Some states don't even keep paper records in the event of a problem. For something as important as a presidential election, they need to have better safeguards than they do. Only a small handful of states have their act together. Because what you guys haven't figured out yet, that with all the problems some voting systems have there's no guarantee that a state sympathetic to one candidate over another might do something stupid.

Homeland has made it clear that in the event it does take over, each state will still maintain significant control. What Homeland is doing now is going state to state and offering to assess their voting security systems and share best practices. They are educating and helping... not oppressing. The process is voluntary. And until that changes, there's no point to all the dramatics.

Edited by Zenith
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I think it officially happened when Hillary called out Alex Jones by name. But its been going on for some time now.  

Hillary is not mainstream media. And where's your evidence that it's been going on for some time?

• Like 1