Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Live thylacine allegedly caught on camera

UM-Bot

Really hard to tell with that footage.  Could be a dog with a really long tail.

Edited by OverSword

I want to believe it's just shaky footage, so Australia can once again have live Tasmanian tigers to like China and it's successful panda efforts. No proof yet though.

• Like 2

I want to believe it's just shaky footage, so Australia can once again have live Tasmanian tigers just as China and it's successful panda efforts. No proof yet though.

Looks suspiciously like a TAPIR to me ........ :whistle:

Funny how everything is clear except the shot with neighbor's cat....

• Like 1

The critter's body doesn't look long enough to be a Thylacine. Looks more like a large cat. If you pay attention, it turns its body to weave around the corner. That's a very feline action, while dogs (in my experience) don't tend to bend that way.

• Like 1

Compelling. The evidence is starting to accumulate. With any luck there will be a clear sighting soon (if it in fact exists).

I don't think this is evidence, it certainly looks like a cat to me, but it would be nice, for a change, if something like this turned out to be true.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

It does look quite a bit like a cat, but if you look really close at its face and shape around the posterior it appears that it is indeed a thylacine.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

Just now, Nnicolette said:

It does look quite a bit like a cat, but if you look really close at its face and shape around the posterior it looks like it is indeed a thylacine.

I disagree.  And if it "looks like a cat" then it can't "look like a thylacine".  They can look similar, especially when it comes to the crappy footage of this video, but it's either one of the other.  The posterior definitely looks like a cat.  Like the ones here in this very house.

1 hour ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

I disagree.  And if it "looks like a cat" then it can't "look like a thylacine".  They can look similar, especially when it comes to the crappy footage of this video, but it's either one of the other.  The posterior definitely looks like a cat.  Like the ones here in this very house.

I also diagree. Based on the low-quality, shaky footage and my expert knowledge, I would say that this is definitive proof of Bigfoot.

• Like 5

I disagree as well. The thylacine in question seems very feline, and the video is extremely shaky and unfocused. If the user was, in fact, trying to get footage of a thylacine they would probably try to make it more steady. It was most likely a large orange cat.

• Like 2

Im not sure, if the clip is paused just as the creature emerges from behind the bin, it appears to have a long nose, very unfeline.. it would be great if it was a thylacine..

• Like 2

I would love it to be a Thylacine...

However it looks suspiciously like a kangaroo...

It moves completely different from the video of the actually Thylacine, granted the footage does not show the animal running...

1 minute ago, jules99 said:

Im not sure, if the clip is paused just as the creature emerges from behind the bin, it appears to have a long nose, very unfeline.. it would be great if it was a thylacine..

I agree! It would be awesome if it were a thylacine, but I would prefer to be a skeptic and happily surprised then to believe right away and be disappointed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

Here's the only known footage of a live Tasmanian Tiger (from 1933):

Actually, there are seven known films. All of which can be seen here;

http://www.naturalworlds.org/thylacine/captivity/films/films.htm

Although last time I checked, film 6, taken at London Zoo, had bits missing from the version there. 

About the film, it does look like a bit like a thylacine. But there's a problem. It's brown. Living thylacines were grey. I know, most people think they were sandy, biegey, brown. But they were grey. 

I think this mistake comes from the fact that the images most people are familiar with are of old faded taxidermies. If you look at a skin that's been kept away from the light though, you'll see the difference. 

I vote for cat.

I was not aware thylacines were only 9 inches tall. (Sarcasm)... Seriously, a real thylacine would be half as high as the garbage bins.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I was not aware thylacines were only 9 inches tall. (Sarcasm)... Seriously, a real thylacine would be half as high as the garbage bins.

Unless it was a young one ...........

14 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Unless it was a young one ...........

I wonder if there are any photos of young thylacines? Were the markings and frame of the youngsters about the same?

• Like 2

There's also the problem that this was filmed in Australia. Thylacines have been extinct on the mainland since the time of the first British colonists, long before they went extinct on Tasmania, making this film even more unlikely.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 2

I thought I thaw a puddy tat, I did thee a puddy tat !