Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Omni qualities of God.

IPaulasaurus

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Because alll people who go to church  gain a benefit (remember this does not mean every singular person)

:D 

How long will you keep this up ... its embarrassing  .... to you that is

Basicaly if you dont want to go to church you wont

Not so for all people. many people go but do not want to; family pressure, (including pleasing a spouse or partner ) , social pressure, and children . 

I do not know what happens with children who are forced to go to church

Apparently not .  

but statistically they still have better health results than those who do not  because overall they are included in church goers even if they don't go freely .

Nope ....   that doesnt make sense ,  You are getting desperate now .   

And what you consider dangerous and abberant might induce better health and longevity in believers.  I am wild and radical in not smoking drinking and being basically vegetarian So i am abberant.

.... I dont think your 'radicalism' of diet and non-smoking  qualifies you for that level.  

@3.35 on 

Not every smoker will die of lung cancer but smoking is dangerous for all humans. Not every human will gain a benefit form going to church but doing so benefits ALL humans. I think you have a problem with  separating generalist points from specific ones 

.Ha!   I have a separation problem ?  !     :D  

smoking and church .... smoling and church  ... and dog gods  and falling pianos happen .... and I have a separation problem ?    :0 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I am happy to be fanatical about all aspects of human health and well being There is nothing more important in life.  I guess if you were a smoker you would be one of those who got upset at people who warned them of the effects of smoking. 

Fanatical means over the top, regardless of a subjects import .    I note you are happy to be fanatical about certain things .... and not just health ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Finished trying to argue facts with you, given you don't bother reading them. Thought i might just try using the forms of argument and debate on which you rely.  I WOULD argue that anyone today who tries to argue that smoking is not a health hazard, is  deluded, and thus mentally unwell. 

But I am not arguing anything about smoking Walker nor is the topic being discussed .    

Why keep going backwards ?  Why keep putting red herrings here ?    You need to look at that . 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, back to earth said:

But I am not arguing anything about smoking Walker nor is the topic being discussed .    

Why keep going backwards ?  Why keep putting red herrings here ?    You need to look at that . 

Indeed BTE! just like MW will argue he is  "not"  fanatical about the anger issues he will fanatically deny he has. :P:P :)Well he is fanatically predictable. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2016 at 9:51 AM, Mr Walker said:

Well that explains why you totally miss/deny the data and statistics then, and continue a belief based argument.    No point discussing anything with a person who puts their fingers in their ears and goes "na na ya na na"  while you talk. 

LINK - Live long and be atheist

Now, there’s an ‘ecological’ problem in this analysis, in that the people with long lives in a nation aren’t necessarily the happiest. What’s more, happiness might be very unevenly distributed in some countries. 

The fact that this does not happen suggests a negative interaction. What may be happening is that some countries with short life expectancy are particularly religious. That makes them happier than you would expect, and confounds the straightforward link between long life expectancy, happiness and atheism.

To put it another way, turning to religion has the effect of increasing happiness. But good life expectancy is more important, and countries with good life expectancy are the happiest and least religious.

• Like 1

There was a time when I actually was an alterboy, and from the vantage point of the alter one could quite clearly see the congregation and what was going on when people were attending services. One could see everything from people getting some much needed sleep to pilfering out of the collection plate.:lol: For me having a healthy attitude and living life in a positive way is what is beneficial, just attending church so that you are seen there is no measure of the goodness of others anymore than it is to oneself.It's not how you live for that 1 hour a week it's about how you live that 24/7

jmccr8

• Like 1

They tried it on me (altar boy )  but I failed as I didnt  learn the Latin .      Still, one could easily see some of the congregation's discomfort from the pews . 

I remember many a sermon that seemed deliberately designed to make people uneasy ! 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2