Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CCTV footage shows 'creature' at gas station

UM-Bot

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:34 AM, Black Monk said:

If I saw a strange, mysterious being walking through a car park I certainly wouldn't pick it up and I'm not surprised that he didn't want to either.

And you'd lose interest in it?

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

And you'd lose interest in it?

I bet he wouldn't. :) And the guy in the video didn't. He just a bit hesitated to call the others. And I bet it was the girl who pulled everyone out to take a look, otherwise they'd continue sipping their cervezas. :)

Anyway he wasn't frightened of the thing, that is much clear. And that's somewhat suspicious.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

I bet he wouldn't. :) And the guy in the video didn't. He just a bit hesitated to call the others. And I bet it was the girl who pulled everyone out to take a look, otherwise they'd continue sipping their cervezas. :)

Anyway he wasn't frightened of the thing, that is much clear. And that's somewhat suspicious.

Why? The 'creature' is small and is moving away from them and they are following at a little distance. If it was bigger or simply rushed at them they would probably run off screaming!

16 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Why? The 'creature' is small and is moving away from them and they are following at a little distance. If it was bigger or simply rushed at them they would probably run off screaming!

I doubt it, everything blatantly weird is frightening, no matter it is big or small. Looks more like he's instantly 'identified' the thing (without looking at it closely enough) and only a few moments later began to doubt it. I can assume he's got into the station building and said something like "There's some weird helium balloon drifting around. Take a look!". That would explain why everyone's calling it "globo" and only later the girl starts to object (something "el globo de helium nunca ...").

Looks like the case is already closed:

http://www.atv.pe/espectaculos/pachacamac-humanoide-panamericana-sur-lugarenos-opinan-314408

A journalist visited the scene and found a deflated blue balloon hanging from a nearby bush. Looks pretty convincing... and unconvincing at the same time as it is not shiny-metallic and has no "tentacles". Of course, he could have bought it in a nearby shop and planted there himself, but that is getting into conspiracy stuff, and it's getting too much for me. :) Yep, every good UFO case eventually drowns in conspiracies.

Here's an interesting link as well:

http://www.lamentiraestaahifuera.com/2016/09/08/el-humanoide-de-pachacamac/

There's a pretty good argument that a bunch of half-deflated balloons can behave like that under windy conditions. Considering all that it probably actually was a balloon. The main argument for me is that the gas station workers saw it with their own eyes, only a few steps away, and called it "el globo". Human eyes cannot be so deceiving as a blurry video. A few days later, when all the TV-people came running up, the myth-creation effect could easily take place.

And still, the thing looks pretty strange in that video, like it was glowing blue all by itself... It doesn't look like a simple reflection of a cellphone lamp or truck headlights either.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 2

Nope, I took another look of the video, it does NOT glow by itself, only reflecting bright lights of the gas station behind. Another argument for it really was a half-deflated helium balloon.

Much ado about nothing... Once again... *sigh*

Edited by Chaldon

16 hours ago, Chaldon said:

Thanks, DieChecker! Indeed, the case itself and the videos are genuine - I have became an expert in this field after all these years. :) Yet some of the conclusions are too far fetching. Even the handheld video is of too poor quality, yet it's not that bad as in the case with the most of those laughable bigfoot videos. So it's really cool. I even would certainly feel frustrated if persuasive mundane explanation is found.

One thing I've noticed about YouTube is that until you become a preferred user, the video resolution you are allowed to post is very low. Many videos posted by people as a one time post will therefore be super grainy and very low resolution. My sister in law made several TV Parodies and posted them on YouTube, and it wasn't until she had like 10,000 views on some of them that her upload memory allowance was increased so she could post "regular" resolution videos.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2016 at 5:04 PM, DieChecker said:

One thing I've noticed about YouTube is that until you become a preferred user, the video resolution you are allowed to post is very low. Many videos posted by people as a one time post will therefore be super grainy and very low resolution. My sister in law made several TV Parodies and posted them on YouTube, and it wasn't until she had like 10,000 views on some of them that her upload memory allowance was increased so she could post "regular" resolution videos.

That's not correct at all.
I can post full 1080p videos and I have only a few views from myself and friends.
I don't know about 4K (ultra HD), but I doubt that's the case as well.

Eg. A video I uploaded 3 days ago was a 3+ GB .MTS file straight from a 1080P 50FPS video camera.
If I access the link from another browser, while not logged in to my YouTube account, it is available to watch in: 1080p50, 720p50, 480p, 360p, 240p and 144p.
YouTube converts and transcodes the video to you upload to the format you see when you watch videos, but the compression does not have a massive impact on image quality.

Your sister in law may be uploading a video format which is not properly supported, resulting in great loss of quality when uploading.

Edited by Timonthy
Added second paragraph.

On 9/14/2016 at 3:27 AM, Timonthy said:

That's not correct at all.
I can post full 1080p videos and I have only a few views from myself and friends.
I don't know about 4K (ultra HD), but I doubt that's the case as well.

Eg. A video I uploaded 3 days ago was a 3+ GB .MTS file straight from a 1080P 50FPS video camera.
If I access the link from another browser, while not logged in to my YouTube account, it is available to watch in: 1080p50, 720p50, 480p, 360p, 240p and 144p.
YouTube converts and transcodes the video to you upload to the format you see when you watch videos, but the compression does not have a massive impact on image quality.

Your sister in law may be uploading a video format which is not properly supported, resulting in great loss of quality when uploading.

That could very well be true. She's not a genius....