Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Translucent silent UFO

UM-Bot

Story submission by: StarSeed11 Location: Brisbane

This happened about 4 years ago. I had just returned home from an afternoon shift at my work when I stepped out of my car and looked up into the night sky. It was a clear night, no clouds and the usual starless night of a city skyline when I noticed a clear translucent craft moving swiftly across the sky. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111729/translucent-silent-ufo

Space Ghost? what like in the cartoon?

• Like 2

Well, that was annoying - I just typed a comprehensive reply under the article and then got an Error 16, and all text was lost.  Thanks a lot UM, GRRR.

Not repeating it all now, but it sounds like the wake of (a small formation of) stealthy aircraft..

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a translucid globe some years ago. There is a threath about it. It was a transparent globe with a black core.

it could be a UAV, a balllon with some devices inside. It is a cheap UAV that could be used to make pictures, create a wifi area, comms, etc.

I'm very sceptic about an alien ship. It has no sense to flight errately across the sky, and don't eat a spicy chiken wings at Hooters after a long trip.

• 1 month later...
On 1 October 2016 at 6:29 PM, Avanter said:

I saw a translucid globe some years ago. There is a threath about it. It was a transparent globe with a black core.

it could be a UAV, a balllon with some devices inside. It is a cheap UAV that could be used to make pictures, create a wifi area, comms, etc.

I'm very sceptic about an alien ship. It has no sense to flight errately across the sky, and don't eat a spicy chiken wings at Hooters after a long trip.

It wasn't a globe, it was a flying craft, nearly invisible. It wasn't a balloon, it was too high up and flying too fast, it wasn't flying erratically it was flying dead straight. And I don't eat chicken or go to Hooters. Hooters sounds fun though. ;)

4 minutes ago, Starseed11 said:

It wasn't a globe, it was a flying craft, nearly invisible. It wasn't a balloon, it was too high up and flying too fast, it wasn't flying erratically it was flying dead straight. And I don't eat chicken or go to Hooters. Hooters sounds fun though. ;)

1. How high is too high for a balloon?

2. How did you determine the height?  (full details, assumptions and error range please)

3. How fast is too fast?

4. How did you determine the speed? (full details, assumptions and error range please)

One of the very first things a good observer learns is how easily our brains are fooled, or tricked into making wild-ass guesses using assumptions based on things we might be familiar with..  Also just how poor our night time perceptions can be, along with how far off our guesses will be, once an object is beyond parallax range, or if there are none of the other clues as to size and distance.  If any of those clues were available, please elaborate.  Otherwise, your dismissals sound like you know what you want the answer to be...

• Like 1

Just now, ChrLzs said:

1. How high is too high for a balloon?

2. How did you determine the height?  (full details, assumptions and error range please)

3. How fast is too fast?

4. How did you determine the speed? (full details, assumptions and error range please)

One of the very first things a good observer learns is how easily our brains are fooled, or tricked into making wild-ass guesses using assumptions based on things we might be familiar with..  Also just how poor our night time perceptions can be, along with how far off our guesses will be, once an object is beyond parallax range, or if there are none of the other clues as to size and distance.  If any of those clues were available, please elaborate.  Otherwise, your dismissals sound like you know what you want the answer to be...

Well it was high up like at least small aircraft height probably , I don't know, 2000 feet? It was big, much bigger than a balloon, it was probably triangle shaped, I admit I don't recall the exact shape, I think I was so surprised seeing it to take it all in. The speed was fast, like normal aircraft say a A320 speed I suppose, nothing supersonic, I'm guessing here, but it was fast enough to clear the night sky from above me to out of sight within about 10 seconds. All I know is what I saw, my brain wasn't fooled, I wasn't high or drunk, I'd just got home from work. It was a translucent silent, near invisible craft traversing the sky. That's all I know, 

My guess is , and this happened probably 4 years ago now at least, but I believe it was a stealth alien craft or it was a secret silent stealth see through technology aircraft on its way to Pine Gap. I have no other explanation

Thanks for that.  You sorta made my point for me by assuming it was a particular size thing, and then comparing an angular- (not actual-, and the difference is VERY important) velocity to a passenger jet that could be anything from 1000 feet to 40.000 feet above you.. That means an error range - just from that factor alone - of 40x, or 4000%!!!  You can't make those assumptions and get useful estimates, and you didn't mention any of the clues that might have helped you to narrow down your numbers.

Weather balloons can be huge, especially at high altitudes (although being more distant makes them smaller, natch ..), then there are experimental blimps and other 'inflatable' platforms, and also effects like those from the wake of a formation of aircraft, large stealth aircraft and so on.  I'm glad you are keeping a mind open to terrestrial possibilities, as you said... :D 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Thanks for that.  You sorta made my point for me by assuming it was a particular size thing, and then comparing an angular- (not actual-, and the difference is VERY important) velocity to a passenger jet that could be anything from 1000 feet to 40.000 feet above you.. That means an error range - just from that factor alone - of 40x, or 4000%!!!  You can't make those assumptions and get useful estimates, and you didn't mention any of the clues that might have helped you to narrow down your numbers.

Weather balloons can be huge, especially at high altitudes (although being more distant makes them smaller, natch ..), then there are experimental blimps and other 'inflatable' platforms, and also effects like those from the wake of a formation of aircraft, large stealth aircraft and so on.  I'm glad you are keeping a mind open to terrestrial possibilities, as you said... :D 

No I know what it was. No weather balloon. No blimp. No 'out of range aircraft'. It was a near invisible silent craft of extra terrestrial, inter dimensional or secret government technology. I make no mistake about this at all. 

What I don't understand is, even if it was a 2,000ft, and was a large craft, how could you see it in the dark if it was transparent? 

Edited by oldrover

On 1 November 2016 at 10:26 PM, oldrover said:

What I don't understand is, even if it was a 2,000ft, and was a large craft, how could you see it in the dark if it was transparent? 

IT wasn't completely dark, it was city skyline night sky. It wasn't completely transparent, it was like looking through clear jelly.

2 hours ago, Starseed11 said:

IT wasn't completely dark, it was city skyline night sky. It wasn't completely transparent, it was like looking through clear jelly.

Thank for the clarification. 

So, were the cities' lights reflecting off this object? And was the sky completely dark, in either case, what could you see through it? One last one, you say it was a city skyline, and that you lost it after 20 seconds. Where you were standing, was it enclosed by buildings? What I'm getting at is how clear a view of the sky did you have. Whether it took twenty seconds to cross a large part of the sky, or just a small part.

It was a suburban area, no city buildings, just low houses, through it I could see the night sky, I was standing beside my car, it took about maybe twenty seconds to pass from above my head where I first noticed it, to the darker night sky on the horizon where I lost sight of it. I've said before it was clear and translucent, like looking through clear jelly.  Look guys this is getting old now, I've just tried to relate what I saw, strange things happen in this world and this is one of them. What I saw exists, whether it is of human or alien origin I don't know, but it had morphing capabilities that rendered it near invisible like something out of Star Trek, and it made no noise as it passed over. This is all true, I don't lie about anything. I'm not here to get attention. I'm not going to comment about this anymore as there is nothing I can add. Thank you. 

Edited by Starseed11

And when you do relate something you think is strange,  people here are going to ask for more information to see whether or not it sounds strange to them too. And, it might well do. So far though, there's not enough info in how you've described it to be able to say. 

But you say it's getting old. And that's really is fair enough. All the best. 

... sounds pretty much like the effect you get from the wake of aircraft - either one large one or several in formation, as I suggested earlier..  That was dismissed without explanation despite the fact that everything matches, the 'looking thru jelly' effect and even the estimates of speed and height...

• Like 1

2f60ca0bcee52c66c3e4c85b4abc7c51.jpg

Wonder Woman ?

• Like 3

On 11/1/2016 at 7:39 AM, Starseed11 said:

No I know what it was. No weather balloon. No blimp. No 'out of range aircraft'. It was a near invisible silent craft of extra terrestrial, inter dimensional or secret government technology. I make no mistake about this at all. 

Wait, what?  If you "make no mistake about this at all", then choose just one of those things, for crying out loud.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

2f60ca0bcee52c66c3e4c85b4abc7c51.jpg

Wonder Woman ?

Makes much more sense than a "near invisible silent craft of extra terrestrial, inter dimensional or secret government technology".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Makes much more sense than a "near invisible silent craft of extra terrestrial, inter dimensional or secret government technology".

That's your opinion, you're welcome to it. I do ask though why you are on this site as you seem very closed minded. Maybe it's not really for you hey?

2 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Wait, what?  If you "make no mistake about this at all", then choose just one of those things, for crying out loud.

Why should I choose one of those things? I offered alternative meanings for this, I'm the one that viewed it not you. Get off this thread if you don't believe it. Keep taking the blue pill, or more befits the way you want to interpret this world. Don't belittle me , I only reported on this site what I saw and have interpreted it in my own way. Get off me. You or anyone don't like what I saw or how I've tried to explain to people what I experienced is NOT my problem. 

Edited by Starseed11

Starseed, given you rejected/ignored at least one fully applicable explanation for what you saw, I think it's pretty ironic that you now call others close-minded..

As for the attitude.. wow.  Way to sound credible...

5 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Starseed, given you rejected/ignored at least one fully applicable explanation for what you saw, I think it's pretty ironic that you now call others close-minded..

As for the attitude.. wow.  Way to sound credible...

I don't care if I sound credible. I don't lie. I tire of being belittled and mocked for these things. He posts a picture of Wonder Woman's craft in a attempt to suggest I'm an idiot and I'm not supposed to react? This is the only site I've even thought of telling what I saw, I've only told a relative about it that's it and I expect more open minded people here. Maybe I over react but that's how I am sometimes with this stuff. Things like this happen, I'm not the only one that sees things in the sky. 

Edited by Starseed11

Thanks for relating your experience.