Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yeti filmed on Welsh mountain

Black Monk

A man claims to have experienced a close encounter with a 'Yeti' after coming across a 'gorilla-like creature' in Welsh woodlands.

Bigfoot enthusiast Jason Parsons, 40, was on a hunt for the elusive beast in woods near Caerphilly Mountain, north of Cardiff, when he experienced the surreal sighting, reports the Daily Star Online.

Mr Parsons had whipped out his camera to record an oddly shaped twig he believed may have been related to yeti activity in the area when he caught the sighting.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3783369/Is-Bigfoot-Man-claims-experienced-close-encounter-elusive-Yeti-Welsh-woodland.html

* rolls eyes *  Where to start? There are just so many reasons why this is a set up.

• Like 4

The video showed nothing but a dark shape in some brush.  No specific view of anything "gorilla-like".  This presenters claims are just plain made up on the spot.  The guy is as naive as they come.

...there is even less reason for a bigfoot type to sustain itself in  Wales than in the US.  And, even with a smaller land area, less woods, less mountainous terrain, there's still never been a body turn up in Wales.  This is getting ridonkulous.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Bigfoot enthusiast Jason Parsons, 40, was on a hunt for the elusive beast in woods near Caerphilly Mountain, north of Cardiff,

Oh god help*.

*The aitch is generally dropped here. This is a Welsh expression used to denote despair or sympathy toward or on behalf of someone who in your eyes is not the full shilling, or very unfortunate. It can also be said as 'oh bless', 'bless' or 'bless him/her'. 

We have another form of this expression which rhymes with hat, that and tat. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 6

...there is even less reason for a bigfoot type to sustain itself in  Wales than in the US.

Are you an expert on Bigfoot's dietary needs and Welsh flora and fauna?

In North Wales, in the mountains of Snowdonia, there is the Brenin Llwyd (Welsh for 'Grey King'), the Welsh Bigfoot.

snowdonia-climber-dies.jpg
Snowdonia

He likes to hide in the mists of whatever mountain he is on.

In Scotland, there is the Grey Man of Ben Macdui, another Bigfoot-type creature.

Ben-macdui-from-carn-liath.jpg
Ben Macdui (from the Scottish Gaelic 'Beinn Mac Duibh', meaning 'McDuff's mountain') is the second highest mountain in the UK

And in England, a Bigfoot is reputed to inhabit Cannock Chase in Staffordshire.

cannock-chase1.jpg
Cannock Chase

3 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

There are no such experts.  Because there are no such creatures.  Unless you can prove otherwise?

Besides, don't confuse the need to be an expert to use pure ****ing common sense.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 4

Cthulhu?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Says who?

The utter and complete lack of evidence.

But, regardless, this video shows nothing of bigfoot, an ape-like creature, or anything other than an un-moving, out-of-focus, dark splotch in the weeds and trees.

17 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I know nothing about bigfoot's dietary requirements. But I do know about Welsh flora and fauna. And, while we've got lots of both, we're sadly lacking in the giant hominid department.  

Especially on the M4 Corridor. 

It's Caerphilly mountain, not the Beacons, the Cambrians or Snowdonia. It's tiny. It's a little hill wedged between the vast rolling plains of the Ridgeway golf course and driving range to the south, Caerphilly town to north,  Treforest Industrial Estate to the west. And to the east, open farmland, which is broken up by roads. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 4

Britain has been fairly industrialized, stripped of it's forests and crowded for quite some time.  Suddenly, a bigfoot shows up out of no where and no one knew he was there until now?

Can I use the word "ridonkulous" again?  My wife reminded me of it the other day (thank you Donkey and Shrek) and not only does it make me laugh when I think about it (I need a bit of mirth more than ever now), it truly fits some of the stuff being posted recently.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Black Monk said:

In North Wales, in the mountains of Snowdonia, there is the Brenin Llwyd (Welsh for 'Grey King'), the Welsh Bigfoot.

I missed this earlier. Oh no there isn't. Anyone telling you that is having you on. The Brennin Llwyd is nothing of the sort, it's a type of mountain spirit. It has nothing to do with bigfoot at all. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2016 at 8:30 AM, Black Monk said:

A man claims to have experienced a close encounter with a 'Yeti' after coming across a 'gorilla-like creature' in Welsh woodlands.

Bigfoot enthusiast Jason Parsons, 40, was on a hunt for the elusive beast in woods near Caerphilly Mountain, north of Cardiff, when he experienced the surreal sighting, reports the Daily Star Online.

Mr Parsons had whipped out his camera to record an oddly shaped twig he believed may have been related to yeti activity in the area when he caught the sighting.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3783369/Is-Bigfoot-Man-claims-experienced-close-encounter-elusive-Yeti-Welsh-woodland.html

Oh good gads!   What a crock.   Reminds me of the guys who find faces in common rocks.

• Like 4

Thylacine filmed on Welsh mountain. Hey, in for a penny, in for a pound.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Thylacine filmed on Welsh mountain. Hey, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Mate, sadly you're not too far off the mark. As much as it pains me to admit this. We did have a thylacine report from Cardiff city center a few years back. 

I promise you, I'm not joking. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Mate, sadly you're not too far off the mark. As much as it pains me to admit this. We did have a thylacine report from Cardiff city center a few years back. 

:o !!!!

I see a gorilla shape, what's causing it is the question. Could be shadows, a combination of tree trunks or both. Or even a cardboard cut out of a gorilla placed in the woods and filmed thru the foliage. This "analysis" goes back and forth over about 3 seconds of video....where's the rest of it?

Looks like the far more elusive, and highly dangerous, less spotted out-of-focus Welsh shadows and foliage to me. 

• Like 1

Is there a competition on this site to post the most implausible "cryptid" photo ? This one is very firm in the betting, to win it !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldrover said:

That wiped the smile off of my face, and makes me feel really tired all of the sudden.  Or sad.  Or both.

• Like 2