Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story season 6

rashore

The newest season of AHS comes out this week... but what will the season be? There are several teasers...

First, the official FX teaser trailer..

Season 1, Murder House

Season 2, Asylum

Season 3, Coven

Season 4, Freak Show

Season 5, Hotel

... with a quick glimpse of all the potential trailers for season 6 to follow.. What a good catch up and tease.

And here's a compilation of all six trailers..

So... enjoy...

• Like 1

I really should catch up with this show. I only saw the first season and enjoyed it, but the rest escaped me for some reason.

Something to add to the 'to do' list!

I still believe that season 2 Asylum was the best. I haven't been very thrilled by Freak Show and Hotel. They are good, but not THAT good.

So what will season 6 be about?

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

If AHS keeps in with their general themes... I'm betting this year will be a retro year again. I just hope they don't go with the aliens theme. I always think of aliens as sci-fi genre instead of horror genre. I'm kind of hopeful for the Bender house scenario :)

Here's a couple of articles that discuss the theories of what this season will contain....

https://www.tvguide.com/news/american-horror-story-season-6-theories/

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/American-Horror-Story-Season-6-Theme-40644416?stream_view=1#photo-42352109

• Like 1

Thanks for the new thread Rashore :tu:

I agree about aliens being more sci fi than horror,plus i'm about alien and zombied out for awhile...

Spoiler

OK, WTF? The mains and the interviewees are different actors.

Edited by Oniomancer

On September 15, 2016 at 0:09 AM, Oniomancer said:
  Hide contents

OK, WTF? The mains and the interviewees are different actors.

They are playing it like one of those haunting shows. 

I was digging it at first, but by the end of the first show I was already board. Hope it gets better. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

They are playing it like one of those haunting shows. 

I was digging it at first, but by the end of the first show I was already board. Hope it gets better. 

I get that, which gives the impression that the show itself is the reenactment. It's like there's another level of something going on.

Agreed on that. It's all too cliche'd.  If things don't  pick up quick, this is going to be the most lackluster season yet.

• Like 1

I think I'm one of the only ones that enjoyed the new way they kicked off this season. Season 4 and 5 started out pretty boring to me, but I enjoyed them-though, not as much as seasons 1-3.
I can't wait to see what happens next.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xYlvax said:

I think I'm one of the only ones that enjoyed the new way they kicked off this season. Season 4 and 5 started out pretty boring to me, but I enjoyed them-though, not as much as seasons 1-3.
I can't wait to see what happens next.

I agree,i enjoyed the change up!

I've read a lot of negative comments about it so far,not here but elsewhere and i don't really get it...It was one episode lol

Having the mains doing those narrations to me sucks all the spooky right out of it, like there's this sense of "Whew, thank goodness we all made it out okay!" hanging over it. That's why I wonder(or hope) if maybe they're pulling a bait and switch of some kind. I'm willing to give it time but all the other seasons got off to much better starts IMO.

Those poppets bugged me too. They're literally straight out of Blair Witch, with the timing making them all the more conspicuous.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

Having the mains doing those narrations to me sucks all the spooky right out of it, like there's this sense of "Whew, thank goodness we all made it out okay!" hanging over it. That's why I wonder(or hope) if maybe they're pulling a bait and switch of some kind. I'm willing to give it time but all the other seasons got off to much better starts IMO.

Those poppets bugged me too. They're literally straight out of Blair Witch, with the timing making them all the more conspicuous.

I'm kinda hoping the narrations were just a one off aswell,takes up to much of the "story" part...A unique way to kick the season off but not needed all season.

What if the narrations don't mean that everything is ok for them now? They could be in an alternate dimension or still haunted.. That would be neat.

I'm not too sure how I feel about the story yet. I mean, I like the story itself, but I'm not sure if I actually like how it's being carried out yet.

I am however completely in love with that house. The AHS set folks are almost always on their top game for making the set wonderful.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been meaning to watch this series, but that different story every season made me kinda unsure about the whole thing

Ok I watched the latest episode, and am officially done with this show. Way to much man love for me to stomach. It was bad enough before that

17 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Ok I watched the latest episode, and am officially done with this show. Way to much man love for me to stomach. It was bad enough before that

Hasn't there been "man love" in each season? 

9 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Hasn't there been "man love" in each season? 

Yea, it just got a little to graphic for me this time around. 

I'll probably wait till the seasons over and power watch it. Then I can just skip over anything I don't wanna see

My favorite by far is the first and second season. The other seasons I enjoyed watching, the first two were awesome though. I'm a fan of the TV show and I'll always continue to watch it regardless. So far I watched a few episodes of season 6 and I plan on watching more in the future. There was a lot of people told me that they hated aliens added in season two. To me I thought it was different and I believe they added it because it was different. I'm kinda hoping they make a season based on aliens and creepy urban legends. Doubt it'll ever happen though. It's just an idea I have and hoping they'll make a season based on it. :alien:

Spoiler

Coven kinda bored me. The whole time they were arguing and fighting over who the next Supreme was. *yawn* I knew who it was the whole time and the ending didn't shock me at all.

Freak show shocked me and I actually thought it was good. I loved how it was linked back to the Asylum in one episode.

Hotel was enjoyable. I loved the serial killers getting together at the dinner table on Halloween. I read a few books about serial killers and I loved this idea! ^_^

Edited by WhispersInTheAttic

Holy ****. They pulled a switcheroo alright. Even having it practically spelled out for me I wasn't really expecting it.

• Like 1

I didn't start out in love with this season, but they got me hooked. I think they pulled it off, beautifully and it was true horror. 

• Like 1

A show,within a show,within a show...

Sounds boring saying it but was actually a pretty wicked twist lol!

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:43 PM, WhispersInTheAttic said:

My favorite by far is the first and second season. The other seasons I enjoyed watching, the first two were awesome though. I'm a fan of the TV show and I'll always continue to watch it regardless. So far I watched a few episodes of season 6 and I plan on watching more in the future. There was a lot of people told me that they hated aliens added in season two. To me I thought it was different and I believe they added it because it was different. I'm kinda hoping they make a season based on aliens and creepy urban legends. Doubt it'll ever happen though. It's just an idea I have and hoping they'll make a season based on it. :alien:

Reveal hidden contents

Coven kinda bored me. The whole time they were arguing and fighting over who the next Supreme was. *yawn* I knew who it was the whole time and the ending didn't shock me at all.

Freak show shocked me and I actually thought it was good. I loved how it was linked back to the Asylum in one episode.

Hotel was enjoyable. I loved the serial killers getting together at the dinner table on Halloween. I read a few books about serial killers and I loved this idea! ^_^

Totally agree. The first two seasons were great. The second season was probably the best thing Ive ever seen on TV. It had everything. Nazi's, angels, demons, aliens, serial killers, mad scientist ect ect. Every 4 years or so I watch it again.

Edited by preacherman76