Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can anyone explain this?

WickedLette

Cthulhu?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Cthulhu?

Not this time, I'm afraid. I think Xenofish may actually know, but he is keeping quite at this point. :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hudds said:

Not this time, I'm afraid. I think Xenofish may actually know, but he is keeping quite at this point. :D

Actually I don't care what it is. I was just wanting to help out a member. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, WickedLette said:

i had to upload the pic like this because i couldnt get it to let me upload the picture

WickedLette did you use your phone or other type camera to take the pic? Adorable baby by the way.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WickedLette said:

Camera lens glare.

Sometimes such effects or similar can appear on images, due to dust particles on camera lens.

• Like 3

I have to agree with Hudds on this. Now if we wanted to play it spooky, look in the right corner near the top and let paredolia do it's thing.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Now if we wanted to play it spooky, look in the right corner near the top and let paredolia do it's thing.

Maybe, looks like a evil ghost of a muppets character from sideways, Kermit the frog.

Indeed, Pariedolia can certainly do it's thing with such images. It's kind of amazing what camera flash and dust particles on lens, can create unexpectedly sometimes.

• Like 3

it was taken with a digital camera, we took many many more pics to get it to do this again and we couldn't duplicate it. We don't smoke. my baby just has a personality, we know our apartment is haunted because we have a nightlight that is motion activated and we unplugged it because it would turn off and on all night, it would even do it on command as we lay in bed watching. Thanks for posting the picture by the way, it would be nice if you guys could be nice, I'm truly curious.

• Like 1

1)Things hanging over the lens. 2) Not a freshly air blown clean lens. 3) Oil , from ? could be anything from anything like a hand , fingers etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WickedLette said:

it was taken with a digital camera, we took many many more pics to get it to do this again and we couldn't duplicate it. We don't smoke. my baby just has a personality, we know our apartment is haunted because we have a nightlight that is motion activated and we unplugged it because it would turn off and on all night, it would even do it on command as we lay in bed watching. Thanks for posting the picture by the way, it would be nice if you guys could be nice, I'm truly curious.

That's just a camera artifact. If your nightlight keeps going off take it back to the shop as it's faulty. If that doesn't work have a think what could be setting it off. You've got something beautiful there, don't worry about anything else.

• Like 2

Not being able to duplicate it is probably a good thing. I'd be more concerned if it kept happening. 

Cute baby btw. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WickedLette said:

negative.jpg

~

Don't worry unnecessarily about the camera ... I think its the flash that's messing up with the timing mode on the image sensor ... look at the pattern of the highlights on the cushion (?) and then compare with the pattern of the 'smoke' ~

Cute little fella you have there by the way ... :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WickedLette said:

I agree with Oldrover, it's nothing to worry about. That sort of thing is common with digital (and other) cameras which sucks because it spoils an otherwise great photo. As for the nightlight, they have a propensity flicker and malfunction. You can try the same nightlight in another outlet, and if it's stable, you might want to check the wiring in the outlet where it was not. Having it go on and off on command was just timing. If you skipped a beat it wouldn't have appeared to comply with your verbal instructions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WickedLette said:

Camera lens flare is quite common, and often such artifacts from a camera cannot be duplicated intentionally. Lens flare can usually occur unexpectedly due to certain room or outdoor lighting conditions and environment, especially when there is dust, moisture or hair particles on lens partially triggered from camera flash.

It does sound like that your nightlight could be faulty, as it is not uncommon for sensory lighting electronics to start malfunctioning at some point sooner or later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hudds said:

Camera lens flare is quite common, and often such artifacts from a camera cannot be duplicated intentionally. Lens flare can usually occur unexpectedly due to certain room or outdoor lighting conditions and environment, especially when there is dust, moisture or hair particles on lens partially triggered from camera flash.

It does sound like that your nightlight could be faulty, as it is not uncommon for sensory lighting electronics to start malfunctioning at some point sooner or later.

JJ Abrahms has made a career off lens flares...Just saying. :)

• Like 1

I actually had a case of pareidolia before, going back 22 years.  I was out taking pics by the railroad tracks, and I snapped a shot of this storm drain we all used to smoke by as kids, and I didn't see it at first, but looking at the pics, I swore I saw a head sticking out of the ground.  It was a distant shot, and it was jaundiced.  I told my buddy Mike about this, and us, and his little brother went down to where I took the pic.  We found the 'head'...it was a plastic bleach bottle.  

Another incident I had like seven or eight years before that.  I don't know if anyone remembered the Transformer, Shockwave?  He was purple, taller than the rest of the toys, almost like a laser gun, and of course lights up when you pull the trigger.  So my buddy Will and i were shooting this in the dark, because it looked cool in the dark.  Anyway, he fires at the ceiling, and next thing you know, we see a hand on the ceiling reaching down for us.  As it turned out, it was the reflection off the lighting case on the ceiling, and it was his hand we saw holding the gun.  It's funny now, and has been for some time, but man did that scare the crap out of us.

Edited by UltimoRudo
  • Like 2

Looks exactly like what happens on a low-grade camera/phone that tries to adjust the shutter speed to a very slow setting due to low light, and then uses a flash to illuminate the subject.  At a guess I'd say that image has a shutter speed of a few seconds, during which something left that trail (most of which is probably because of camera/phone movement, rather than subject movement) - could have been the cute baby, could have been anything, wouldn't have had to be bright...

The image has no 'EXIF' data embedded in it, so we can't check the shutter speed that was used.  But it's a fairly common effect.  Sorry, I can see you want a different answer, but sometimes, reality is just reality...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/17/2016 at 7:30 AM, Black Monk said:

The baby's guardian angel.

I agree. It could also be a dead relative sharing the moment. As for the nightlight that is motion activated. That's could also be that. Everyone is quick to say faulty equipment, but I think it's paranormal in nature. Not bad. So don't worry. Mom often says ghosts like being around babies because their souls are still pure.

24 minutes ago, ccsworld said:

That's could also be that. Everyone is quick to say faulty equipment, but I think it's paranormal in nature. Not bad.

We're quick to say that because the evidence always points to either faulty equipment, faulty wiring, or a bulb about to kick the bucket..The last thing anyone should do is immediately assume a paranormal cause, let alone attach 'intent' to it. In the case of the flashing night light, the solution is simple: Replace it, and if the problem persists, have the wiring checked. No one wants faulty wiring, especially if it's in, or near, a baby's room.

By dismissing something as paranormal, a potential hazard is allowed to remain unchecked - and that's not the smartest move in my opinion.

• Like 1