Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London Eye - Unidentified sighting

lordamuk

Video taken on the London eye, and accidentally recorded this 1 second clip, which captures a light streak or something which was not visible by sight.  

The link to the video are below :- 

Any suggestions or ideas what it could be please......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lordamuk said:

A simple light reaction on the window glass or camera lense. Not discussion worthy really..

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, seeder said:

A simple light reaction on the window glass or camera lense. Not discussion worthy really..

Hu? That didn't look like any "simple light reaction on the window glass or camera lens" I ever saw.

I have no idea what that was, but it was pretty cool to see.

• Like 2

thanks for all your theories, but i have since gone back and tried to see if i can get this to happen again but nothing at all. It has really baffled me as if you look carefully the light actually changes direction, also as the light passed the pod it made the pod jolt slightly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lordamuk said:

thanks for all your theories, but i have since gone back and tried to see if i can get this to happen again but nothing at all. It has really baffled me as if you look carefully the light actually changes direction, also as the light passed the pod it made the pod jolt slightly.

how have you managed to go back? what do you mean? Your posted that 9 hours ago

• Like 2

that video was from a few weeks ago now. I only found about the forum last night so thought put it up and show everyone and see what they think.

There are a large number of rails/struts on the Eye at all sorts of angles that will catch light and shadows at varying speeds and angles. Here's a time lapse showing the innumerable similar reflective effects (as it is time lapse, it should not be used to compare speeds..)

And where is the rest of your footage, ie the several seconds (at least) before and after?  If that doesn't exist, can you explain why you took such a short video?

To properly verify this, you would go back and sit in the same place, then film that same scene at the same angle and show us all the footage, including panning around to *show* those struts...  You clearly didn't do that.

Nice try, though.  

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lordamuk said:

No...It doesn't change direction.  The 'streak' remains visible after it 'appears'.  The 'streak' has the same shape as the window frame.

I'm guess the camera operator is resting their wrist on a handrail near the frame to steady the camera.  It is the handrail you see reflected in the window.

If only there was another UM member who lives in London, with a penchant for critical thinking and an 'acid' wit!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mangoze said:

It looks like a reflection of a railing - possibly emerging from shadow.

Exactly what I was going to say.

What's that? The sound of a barrel being scraped.

• Like 3

By setting the slow motion vid (the 2nd one) down to 25% of speed it can be seen very clearly that there is nothing passing by. The reflection effect starts at the left side of the view and the stream expands to the right side. Means, the time the reflection effect arrive at the right side, its still visible at the left side (at Big Ben`s basis).

• Like 4

On 13/09/2016 at 8:57 PM, lordamuk said:

Video taken on the London eye, and accidentally recorded this 1 second clip, which captures a light streak or something which was not visible by sight.  

The link to the video are below :- 

It's certainly very strange.

8 hours ago, Black Monk said:

No, it isn't.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Black Monk said:

The explanations have been given and explained. So what are you finding strange?

• Like 5

The explanations have been given and explained. So what are you finding strange?

THEORIES have been given. Not actual, stonewall, explanations.

21 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

THEORIES have been given. Not actual, stonewall, explanations.

It's a reflection. Is this seriously what UFOlogy has come to?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

It's a reflection. Is this seriously what UFOlogy has come to?

Sadly, I believe so.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

Is this seriously what UFOlogy has come to?

It caters to the 'Black Monk' market, where, as shown above, people who have no knowledge whatsoever of a topic 'read' explanations, but haven't got a clue what was meant by the explanations.  Indeed they don't even understand enough to know what questions to ask or what to dispute.

But they offer indignation and hope that nobody notices that they contribute nothing whatsoever to the thread.

BM, when you wish to ask some sensible, informed, questions, or point out exactly what you think is unexplainable here, you come on back..  And do ask yourself why lordamuk has, despite popping back to examine whether he got many bites, and despite saying he had 'verified' the image, has not bothered to post again and has not shown us that 'verification'.

It's not rocket science, and it isn't a mystery, either.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

It's a reflection.

You're entitled to your beliefs, even in such cases - like now - where you can't prove it.

Still, I'm quite willing to allow you to believe in such bizarre things.

3 hours ago, Black Monk said:

You're entitled to your beliefs, even in such cases - like now - where you can't prove it.

There is nothing bizarre about reflections.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mangoze said:

There is nothing bizarre about reflections.

Well, there can actually be. Mine in the morning before showering.....

:P

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
Typo...
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Black Monk said:

And we should all be thankful for your magnanimousness!  I just don't know what people would do without your permission to believe what they want!

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3