Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Museum invites visitors to use gold toilet

UM-Bot

Like Clair's pot thread? just below. ~ %  )

1 minute ago, Chaldon said:

Yeah... S**t upon gold looks pretty natural.

• Like 3

I am a gonna invite a blonde to sit on it with me just like the wealthy folks do ... the doo doo ...

~

• Like 3

I wonder if they will take any precaution against people bringing home a "piece of art". 

Since it's a real toilet I guess they can't install security cameras,  but it's still gold,  you could scratch the board and come back home richer than when you left. 

And then they say that art doesn't pay! 

• Like 1

Anyone remember Jim & Tammy Baker's PTL Club?  They had gold plumbing in the bathrooms.

• Like 2

Now that was good*lol*, even with the if omitted "A preview of what will be installed in the White House is Trump gets elected."

• Like 1

I just don't believe this thing is "solid gold" and life size and only worth 2.5 Million. That would be a heck of a lot of gold. I also don't believe any one would be allowed to er, use it. This sounds like a lot of marketing Crapola to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Better be real gold, if you use it regularly it may turn your ding dong green!

What's that door for to the left of it? The pic is taken through what I presume the cubicle door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

Better be real gold, if you use it regularly it may turn your ding dong green!

What's that door for to the left of it? The pic is taken through what I presume the cubicle door. 

That's the Green Room.

On 17/9/2016 at 4:11 PM, UFOwatcher said:

I just don't believe this thing is "solid gold" and life size and only worth 2.5 Million. That would be a heck of a lot of gold. I also don't believe any one would be allowed to er, use it. This sounds like a lot of marketing Crapola to me.

Possibly if you'd know the artist you'd know that's for real. 

It's basically XXI century's Duchamp's urinal. 

I'd say that with this we closed a circle. 

Now let's bring the good old figurative art on! 

By the way,  if you want a more scientific answer:  since the average weight for a toilet is between 30 and 50kg,  let's say that being gold it weights 60 kg, having a higher density (although this model doesn't have the water tank,  and this removes a lot of weight).

Now,  today's gold price is,  rounded up,  43k/kg. So if you multiply 60x43,000=2,580,000 or we can say 2.5 million. 

Who and where.... is the Janitor?