Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Starting To Worry

The_Sensual_One

Hello all, I know that I haven't been on this site in a long time. I'm going through a lot of things in life. Remember, a year ago or so I posted that I kept having dreams about wanting to go home? I kept telling my father (who is deceased) that I wanted to go home. And someone told me it meant that I wanted to go home to source. Which is what I felt. But last night, I had a strange dream that I'm trying to decode/interpret. 

I was in a house with brown wooded walls. My mother was there too. It was night time (all my dreams are usually at night). I was looking around outside. I saw 2 guys (looking like black figures) looking for me to harm me by shooting me. I kept ducking away from the window. My father appeared. I felt like crying and I was very emotional. I asked my father:

"Why do I keep having dreams of wanting to go home?"

He smiled sweetly and showed me a text message on my phone saying, Angel 05.

I was confused and asked him, "What does that mean? Is that the answer to my question? Does that mean I'm Angel number 5!?!?!?"

And then the dream ended. 

I told my mother about the dream and she didn't like it. She told me to stop dreaming. I told her that's silly because dreams are always messages. And you can't just turn them off. 

If anyone is great at interpreting this Angel 05, that would be nice. I'm stumped on this one.

• Like 1

Maybe the message was Angels and not Angel 05 ...

~

• Like 2

Whilst we know a great deal about when during the sleep cycle we dream, we still don't know very much about the function of dreaming. Do dreams, for example, have a physiological, biological or psychological function? Some scientists suggest that dreaming has no function at all and is simply a result of various biological processes, whilst others believe that dreams have a very specific purpose. I'm not certain how much research you've done on dreams, but you might find the following articles helpful.

1. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-we-dream/
  2. http://www.livescience.com/8373-dream-real-reasons-revealed.html

The fact that you\re having a recurring dream about wanting to go home, could represent some unresolved issues. You might want to consult a psychologist or other professional whom you could work with to get to the bottom of what your dreams could represent. Could it be perhaps that you have a sense of not belonging or of fitting in? Perhaps you're missing your father? It could be so many things, and only you ultimately are the one who is most capable of finding the answers.

As for wanting to go back to the 'source', I personally do not believe any of that. What did that person mean by the source anyway? Heaven? An alien planet? The point is, you're here now and should focus on making the most of your life and of looking after yourself and overall well-being.

I realize that many people who believe in the afterlife also believe that deceased loved ones sometimes come to us in dreams. I personally don't believe in any of that, but if we were to assume that life after death was indeed possible, then there's no reason why spirit could not communicate. Angel 05 could mean something or nothing. I don't think it's anything bad or anything for you to worry about. I also don't think it's something you should obsess over.

Furthermore, I don't agree that all dreams are messages, at least not messages from the spirit world. If dreams do have a message, that message is from you and you alone. In other words, it's you processing whatever it is that's going on. So my suggestion is that you try to figure out what's behind your recurring dream, but do it not in a spiritual or alien context, but in a real life one. That, at the very least, should be your starting point.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

Maybe the message was Angels and not Angel 05 ...

~

That makes perfect sense. I didn't think of that. I think I understand the answer to my question now. Thank you for figuring that out. And Clair, thanks for your post. I have been to many psychologist but as of now I don't have insurance and I do not plan on seeing them as all they want to do is prescribe medicine after medicine for money. I'm a Spiritualist and have had some experiences that make me who I am and what I believe. I appreciate your reply but I think Third Eye, hit the nail on the head and gave me an ah-hah moment. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The_Sensual_One said:

And Clair, thanks for your post. I have been to many psychologist but as of now I don't have insurance and I do not plan on seeing them as all they want to do is prescribe medicine after medicine for money. I'm a Spiritualist and have had some experiences that make me who I am and what I believe. I appreciate your reply but I think Third Eye, hit the nail on the head and gave me an ah-hah moment. 

No worries. I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for.

• Like 3

Maybe the dream is about how you miss your father and "going home" is wanting to see him again. There is some kinda unresolved thing between you two and your subconscious is telling you this. Perhaps a proper goodbye? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The_Sensual_One said:

That makes perfect sense. I didn't think of that. I think I understand the answer to my question now. Thank you for figuring that out. And Clair, thanks for your post. I have been to many psychologist but as of now I don't have insurance and I do not plan on seeing them as all they want to do is prescribe medicine after medicine for money. I'm a Spiritualist and have had some experiences that make me who I am and what I believe. I appreciate your reply but I think Third Eye, hit the nail on the head and gave me an ah-hah moment. 

I'm sorry but I personally believe you have your AH-HAH moment all wrong.

You mentioned that you have been going through a lot of things in life and that a part of you wants to 'go home'. Some might say that all that might be signs of a spiritual awakening. Going home in that context SHOULD NOT have anything to do with suicidal feelings. What it is essentially, is a sense of having fulfilled your contract here on earth and of wanting to start another life. It is really really important, however, that you see this life through as there is much more to experience regardless of how you feel. If wanting to start a new life is part of what you're feeling, then start it here, and experience the full journey.

I too am a spiritual person, who like yourself has been shaped by experience. We all are to a degree. I believe in spiritual awakenings but I also believe that such beliefs should not be the only rationale for what we go through. Do not dismiss or explain such symptoms solely in the context of a spiritual awakening as they are also signs of real depression, etc. They should be also be examined in a medical capacity if they become to difficult to manage alone.

About your dream. I like the way Clair approached her reply to you. It was her answer that should have been your AH-HA moment because it gave you a dose of reality that I personally believe you need. You don't want it, but you need it. Being spiritual is not about ignoring what is real and practical, but of understanding how the two are equally important and inseparable. It's about finding the right balance, and Clair's advice to you was spot on in my opinion.

Angel 05 does not translate into Angels (I can see the 5 being an S, but what about the 0?), although it could mean something along those lines. I personally believe that spirit can and does communicate to us via dreams, and perhaps your father was simply telling you that he was looking out for you. I do not agree with your mother that it was a bad dream. The first part was bad obviously, but the ending was reassuring. It also could mean, as XenoFish suggested, that you miss your father and could perhaps have some unresolved issues there. So take a look at that dream from a fresh perspective. Rid yourself of the belief that you're an angel or will become one (as you are human nothing more or anything different) and look at it more analytically.

Finally, as Clair mentioned not all dreams are messages, and you will need to learn to distinguish. You cannot stop dreaming because it is essential and out of your control. But you will also have to accept that dreams are also reflective of your psyche and where your head's at. Try not to read too much into them, but do look at them from the perspective of trying to figure out what they are saying about any problems or issues you are trying to work through. Keeping a dream diary might help with that.

Sorry for the long reply, but there is one more thing and that is the title of your post 'Starting to Worry' .. What exactly are you starting to worry about. Perhaps this is what we should be discussing here more than anything else.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/9/2016 at 6:51 PM, The_Sensual_One said:

Hello all, I know that I haven't been on this site in a long time. I'm going through a lot of things in life. Remember, a year ago or so I posted that I kept having dreams about wanting to go home? I kept telling my father (who is deceased) that I wanted to go home. And someone told me it meant that I wanted to go home to source. Which is what I felt. But last night, I had a strange dream that I'm trying to decode/interpret. 

I was in a house with brown wooded walls. My mother was there too. It was night time (all my dreams are usually at night). I was looking around outside. I saw 2 guys (looking like black figures) looking for me to harm me by shooting me. I kept ducking away from the window. My father appeared. I felt like crying and I was very emotional. I asked my father:

"Why do I keep having dreams of wanting to go home?"

He smiled sweetly and showed me a text message on my phone saying, Angel 05.

I was confused and asked him, "What does that mean? Is that the answer to my question? Does that mean I'm Angel number 5!?!?!?"

And then the dream ended. 

I told my mother about the dream and she didn't like it. She told me to stop dreaming. I told her that's silly because dreams are always messages. And you can't just turn them off. 

If anyone is great at interpreting this Angel 05, that would be nice. I'm stumped on this one.

Angel 05 is the classical paintball shotgun! Lol! Maybe you've seen or heard it somewhere?

The house in a dream represents yourself. The living room is how you see yourself. The wooden walls show a very warm person. Night is the hour when people get emotion. (They love they fear they regret..) 2 figures outside the house are trying to harm you(you are inside the house). That means that something is probably changing in your personality and you don't like it. You wanna go home. That means you want to go back to the way you were a long time ago. If you've heard of angel 05 (maybe you don't remember but your subconscious does) that means you wanna go back to a more joyful life. If you've never heard of it, maybe you sould check anybody named angel or a street named that way..