Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot in Ohio?

digitalSorrow

A few years ago, my family took a trip to Ohio, and across from the hotel we were staying at, there was a forest. I had the bed closest to the forest, right next to a window. One night, I heard calls and knocks coming from the woods. In the morning, while I was on my way through the lobby, I heard other people talking about strange noises from the forest, too. Nobody else in my family heard it, which leads me to believe it might have been hoaxers. What do you think?

• Like 1

The Ohio Grassman has a long history of sightings. Totally could have been 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

What were the calls like?

All kinds. Whoops, shrieks, howls, and more. They went on for a good few hours until I fell asleep.

Ohio Grassman.  A type of bigfoot known to inhabit part of Ohio.

:)

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

9 hours ago, digitalSorrow said:

A few years ago, my family took a trip to Ohio, and across from the hotel we were staying at, there was a forest. I had the bed closest to the forest, right next to a window. One night, I heard calls and knocks coming from the woods. In the morning, while I was on my way through the lobby, I heard other people talking about strange noises from the forest, too. Nobody else in my family heard it, which leads me to believe it might have been hoaxers. What do you think?

Cthulhu?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, digitalSorrow said:

Salt Fork has many tales of grassman seen and heard. He makes mounds of sticks and grass like a teepee but it is round.

A co-worker of mine, said she and her family heard and saw it outside of tent. It was hairy but not as big as big foot claims. They became firm believers and none were big foot enthuists before this.

I saw the grass huts in that area myself but never the grassman. I just went to restraunt or horseback riding there not camping at night.   It is close to Cambridge which had  a mental Institute, so I always thought he was a realeased or escaped wildman living off the land. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2016 at 9:19 PM, digitalSorrow said:

18 hours ago, digitalSorrow said:

All kinds. Whoops, shrieks, howls, and more. They went on for a good few hours until I fell asleep.

I think you do not live near the woods. 

Shrieks and howls and all sorts of noises come out at night.....I live right beside a wood, we hear all sorts = and all can be accounted for. Different times of the year will also bring different kind of noises. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I think you do not live near the woods. 

You're right, I don't. I live just a few miles north of Detroit, but this happened on a week-long trip to Ohio. It could have been that I was just reading too many sightings and was being a bit paranoid, but I know what I heard.

2 minutes ago, digitalSorrow said:

You're right, I don't. I live just a few miles north of Detroit, but this happened on a week-long trip to Ohio. It could have been that I was just reading too many sightings and was being a bit paranoid, but I know what I heard.

No one is doubting you heard something.  You're just being provided with reasonable explanations as to what you may have heard.  A a bigfoot is not one of those.  Coyotes are most likely the culprit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digitalSorrow said:

Ahhh...but you did not know what you heard. If you live in or right near a wood all year round, as i do..you hear many different types of noises and these noises vary during the year, depending on mating, migration and hibernation times....and thats just the humans. 

Trees, winds - the seasonal changes all can create noises. 

Edited by freetoroam

50 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

....and thats just the humans. 

:tu:
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Coyotes are most likely the culprit.

Then what did the wood knocks? I doubt a coyote could hit a tree with enough force to make a sound that traveled as far as it did.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, digitalSorrow said:

Then what did the wood knocks? I doubt a coyote could hit a tree with enough force to make a sound that traveled as far as it did.

What time of year was it when you went to Ohio?

On 9/17/2016 at 9:30 PM, digitalSorrow said:

I lived in the woods, in Ohio, for a large part of my life.  The whoops, shrieks, and howls are probably owls, coyote, or some other nocturnal animal.  The knocks were probably sounds from the trees themselves, they can make a knock sound when blown by the breeze (probably limbs hitting other limbs).

No bigfeet needed.

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2016 at 1:39 PM, freetoroam said:

What time of year was it when you went to Ohio?

I don't remember exactly, but most likely sometime in late summer.

17 hours ago, digitalSorrow said:

I don't remember exactly, but most likely sometime in late summer.

It could have been the sound from frogs:

http://frogs.org.au/community/viewtopic.php?t=3378

http://archive.naplesnews.com/news/state/in-the-know-what-makes-night-noise-in-naples-sounding-like-woodpeckers-on-steroids-ep-384438553-342205071.html