Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S.-led Forces Strike Syrian Troops

Claire.

44 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I'm just biting... Malaysian pensioner arrested for 'insulting prime minister Najib Razak on Whatsapp'. Heck, and then would've been tried, found guilty, and be dead by now.

As ever you gleaned over the 'News' just for your own agenda and Confirmation Bias ... I'm tired of explaining things like these ...

The key point was this character posted his accusations on a platform page specific to Politics, something of an Official Channel ... makes it somewhat like a false Police Report at a Police Station, further more he made specific threats towards the PM ... after which an investigation was conducted and he was found to be grossly misinformed ... then you ignored the proceedings because it served no further purpose to your little misguided 'fact' finding mission ...

Wednesday, 6 July 2016 | MYT 7:20 PM

76-year-old author who allegedly insulted Najib on WhatsApp released

by yee xiang yun

• the star com my link

~

Quite telling in regards to your credibility actually ...

As for 'and then' ... hell we'll be buying him beers and laugh at his antics of pure lunacy ...

16 minutes ago, third_eye said:

As ever you gleaned over the 'News' just for your own agenda and Confirmation Bias ... I'm tired of explaining things like these ...

The key point was this character posted his accusations on a platform page specific to Politics, something of an Official Channel ... makes it somewhat like a false Police Report at a Police Station, further more he made specific threats towards the PM ... after which an investigation was conducted and he was found to be grossly misinformed ... then you ignored the proceedings because it served no further purpose to your little misguided 'fact' finding mission ...

• the star com my link

~

Quite telling in regards to your credibility actually ...

As for 'and then' ... hell we'll be buying him beers and laugh at his antics of pure lunacy ...

Wow, chill out just a bit.

Anyway, I have to ask: why Malaysia is supporting ISIS?

2 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Wow, chill out just a bit.

Anyway, I have to ask: why Malaysia is supporting ISIS?

.... here I have to ask ... is this another one of your so called 'Russkies' impressions ?

15 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

To Putin, anyone who rebels against the establishment is a terrorist--except the ones he backs in the Ukraine. He still has nightmares about the fall of the Iron Curtain and the dissolution of the Soviet Union. It is hard to tell the good rebels from the bad ones--that's why US support for them has always been lukewarm. The only peace Syria or any of the colonial manufactured countries in the Middle East has ever known is the Peace of the Gun. One strong minority faction dominating the rest.

But I have to give this one to Putin. He has facts to back up his arguments. Look at what the overthrowing of the Gaddafi regime has accomplished in Libya. Not much in terms of stability, peace or freedom. They have been in a perpetual state of chaos ever since. Assad may be at the helm of an authoritarian regime guilty of war crimes, but he does act as a secular buffer against Islamic extremism, can extinguish ISIS & other like-minded groups, as well as bringing back order and some sense of religious and personal freedom in Syria given proper support.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

But I have to give this one to Putin. He has facts to back up his arguments. Look at what the overthrowing of the Gaddafi regime has accomplished in Libya. Not much in terms of stability, peace or freedom. They have been in a perpetual state of chaos ever since. Assad may be at the helm of an authoritarian regime guilty of crimes, but he does act as buffer against Islamic extremism and can bring back order and some sens of religious and personal freedom in Syria.

Oddly enough Assad, gives the people he rules more freedoms than any other Middle East nation... including long time friend and oil partner Saudi Arabia. I don't hear the neo-cons and democrats of America calling for the removal of the Saudi ruling elite. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Russia is in Syria to prop up the Assad regime and maintain it's only foothold and last ally in the Mediterranean. The majority of it's sorties have been against Syrian rebels, not ISIS. Putin's little green men have found ISIS quite a different opponent than overrunning token resistance in Crimea.  The US returned to Iraq at the behest of the Iraqi government who pleaded for air support to stem the tide ISIS advances in Iraq. The US then did the same for the Syrian Kurds who were the only effective resistance against ISIS. US support for rebels factions has been mostly rhetorical as there is no cohesive resistance against the government. The US and it's Allies are in the Levant to make war on ISIS, to carry the fight to enemy. Regime change, that liberal fantasy of Hilary Clinton's State Department was pushed to back burner, long ago. 

Not sure about this.  The US has no interest in helping the Kurds because it wouldn't rub well with the Turks or going against ISIS because it wouldn't fit in with Saudi Arabia's anti Shiite plans. But who really knows what's going on there....

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

To Putin, anyone who rebels against the establishment is a terrorist--except the ones he backs in the Ukraine. He still has nightmares about the fall of the Iron Curtain and the dissolution of the Soviet Union. It is hard to tell the good rebels from the bad ones--that's why US support for them has always been lukewarm. The only peace Syria or any of the colonial manufactured countries in the Middle East has ever known is the Peace of the Gun. One strong minority faction dominating the rest.

See thats where your anti-Russian argument fall flat. When you can replace Putin with Obama and Ukraine with Syria/Egypt/Libya etc you really are only left with a pro American agenda. Its not fair and reasonable to assume that someone is evil cause they're not American. 

...But you do have a handle on why the Middle East is a chithole. But who's fault is that? If America supports nations like Turkey and Saudi Arabia which repress and absolutely rule out ethnic partition of the Middle East to form a peaceful area then why should the Kurds who are 45 million strong without a homeland ever get one. Or the Shia minorities and the Christians in the Arab world. So thats your American policy... rule with a gun. 

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Not sure about this.  The US has no interest in helping the Kurds because it wouldn't rub well with the Turks or going against ISIS because it wouldn't fit in with Saudi Arabia's anti Shiite plans. But who really knows what's going on there....

The Kurds will fight, that's why we back them in Iraq and Syria.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

See thats where your anti-Russian argument fall flat. When you can replace Putin with Obama and Ukraine with Syria/Egypt/Libya etc you really are only left with a pro American agenda. Its not fair and reasonable to assume that someone is evil cause they're not American. 

...But you do have a handle on why the Middle East is a chithole. But who's fault is that? If America supports nations like Turkey and Saudi Arabia which repress and absolutely rule out ethnic partition of the Middle East to form a peaceful area then why should the Kurds who are 45 million strong without a homeland ever get one. Or the Shia minorities and the Christians in the Arab world. So thats your American policy... rule with a gun. 

I'm neither anti Russian nor anti Putin, for that matter. I rather admire the man; he's the quintessential Russian oligarch. I see him playing much the same role as Caesar Augustus in trying restore and invigorate the traditional morals and values of his beloved country.

Let's see; we're backing the Kurds, financing the Kurds waging war and fighting along side the Kurds rendering close air support and artillery for them but somehow we're anti Kurdish? You're tortured logic escapes me. If we backed a Kurdish homeland tearing off pieces of other countries to form it how would you suggest we inforce the decision against armed resistance from said countries, with the gun?

You and those like you go to such convoluted lengths to trash my country, all I can say is--with friends like you, who needs enemies?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

[...]

You and those like you go to such convoluted lengths to trash my country, all I can say is--with friends like you, who needs enemies?

Yeap, right on the spot.

• Like 1

On 23 September 2016 at 5:37 PM, Hammerclaw said:

What is truth? For the Russians, truth is a precious commodity dispensed sparingly and subject to change on any given day. The Russians lie then boast of their successful deceptions. Actions speak louder than words as do their bombs raining down on the civilians holding out in the rebel half of Aleppo. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-judah/russia-syria-putin_b_8264908.html

On 24 September 2016 at 4:19 PM, Hammerclaw said:

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm neither anti Russian nor anti Putin, for that matter. I rather admire the man; he's the quintessential Russian oligarch. I see him playing much the same role as Caesar Augustus in trying restore and invigorate the traditional morals and values of his beloved country.

Let's see; we're backing the Kurds, financing the Kurds waging war and fighting along side the Kurds rendering close air support and artillery for them but somehow we're anti Kurdish? You're tortured logic escapes me. If we backed a Kurdish homeland tearing off pieces of other countries to form it how would you suggest we inforce the decision against armed resistance from said countries, with the gun?

You see Hammerclaw i find it awfully hard to reconcile all your statements about Russian lying and skulduggery with your recent claim that you're "neither anti Russian nor anti Putin when you clearly have taken an anti Russian view point. You call the Russians liars and then want me to seriously believe that you think Putin is a Caesar? You come across as Captain America, drinking Jack Daniels at the bar and shooting the propaganda breeze not as some admiring historian, mate. I have no problem but don't pretend that you fair and balanced when you are obviously not. 

...the Kurds have become your allies only so you can use them to do something that no other ally wants to do. No drama... thats how the world works. But don't try and sell me this as some type of lasting friendship and alliance when 45 million Kurds can't have a homeland but can help America cause OTHER stronger American allies like the Saudis and Turks just won't allow it.

America tore Yugoslavia apart to give the Croats and Bosnians are home land. And they are only 10 million strong, combined. The Kurds were forgotten by Ataturk who welshed on an agreement to give them a nation outta the ruins of the Ottoman empire. No one held the Turks to account for it. Forgotten during the Cold War. Forgotten during GW1 and again in GW2 when they were again American "allies" and they will be forgotten once this Syrian conflict is over and will only be remembered when another need in the Middle East requires a gullible mob handy with a AK-47 only to be forgotten again. 

Show me were i trashed "your" country? I haven't and you can't. You're one eyed with a cataract problem. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I have never read Silver_Lyre ''trash'' the U.S. Rather he's very critical of it's foreign policies, as should you, the way things are going.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

You see Hammerclaw i find it awfully hard to reconcile all your statements about Russian lying and skulduggery with your recent claim that you're "neither anti Russian nor anti Putin when you clearly have taken an anti Russian view point. You call the Russians liars and then want me to seriously believe that you think Putin is a Caesar? You come across as Captain America, drinking Jack Daniels at the bar and shooting the propaganda breeze not as some admiring historian, mate. I have no problem but don't pretend that you fair and balanced when you are obviously not. 

...the Kurds have become your allies only so you can use them to do something that no other ally wants to do. No drama... thats how the world works. But don't try and sell me this as some type of lasting friendship and alliance when 45 million Kurds can't have a homeland but can help America cause OTHER stronger American allies like the Saudis and Turks just won't allow it.

America tore Yugoslavia apart to give the Croats and Bosnians are home land. And they are only 10 million strong, combined. The Kurds were forgotten by Ataturk who welshed on an agreement to give them a nation outta the ruins of the Ottoman empire. No one held the Turks to account for it. Forgotten during the Cold War. Forgotten during GW1 and again in GW2 when they were again American "allies" and they will be forgotten once this Syrian conflict is over and will only be remembered when another need in the Middle East requires a gullible mob handy with a AK-47 only to be forgotten again. 

Show me were i trashed "your" country? I haven't and you can't. You're one eyed with a cataract problem. 

You blame America for everything but you have no anti American bias? Gods you're such a hypocrite! I find quite a despicable lout and for the sake of peace in the forums will put you on ignore.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

Oddly enough Assad, gives the people he rules more freedoms than any other Middle East nation... including long time friend and oil partner Saudi Arabia. I don't hear the neo-cons and democrats of America calling for the removal of the Saudi ruling elite. 

Tell that to the people (those few still alive) in Aleppo ;)

What, exactly, is he doing to help the people he rules there?

Not taking sides,   But IMO Assad cares only about himself and those who agree with him.    Show me a leader who helps those who oppose him and then I will s
how you someone who maybe deserves to be a leader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You blame America for everything but you have no anti American bias? Gods you're such a hypocrite! I find quite a despicable lout and for the sake of peace in the forums will put you on ignore.

Boo hoo...

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Tell that to the people (those few still alive) in Aleppo ;)

What, exactly, is he doing to help the people he rules there?

Not taking sides,   But IMO Assad cares only about himself and those who agree with him.    Show me a leader who helps those who oppose him and then I will s
how you someone who maybe deserves to be a leader.

Yeah it's a tragedy what's going on and those poor souls in Aleppo are being murdered. Sad when an entire people are relegated to a political equation and all humanity gets thrown out the door. There are no good guys in Syria at the moment. That's for sure. But when I said he treated his people better, I meant until the uprising. Still it will be impossible to even pretend to go back to normal. Assad has lost Syria and the best outcome is a division of the nation along ethnic lines. But we both know that won't happen cause the greedy patrons of this war want it all. So I agree mate. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I have never read Silver_Lyre ''trash'' the U.S. Rather he's very critical of it's foreign policies, as should you, the way things are going.

Thanks mate. Truth is that I can understand (by no means condone) brutality and military skullduggery from totalitarian Russia and dictator Assad but from the leading democratic nation its hard to to see any positives. Maybe I'm just naive but it seems that two wrongs don't make a right. 

According to my sources the usa asked russia for postions of Syria military prior to the launch.  Russia never sent the requested information until the strike had happen. If that was the case then the blame falls on both russia and the usa. Russia for not sending the asked info and the states for not waiting and trying to confirm that it was an ISIS  postion. It's all just a big mess that a lot of us in the military are afraid of it spilling over and starting a true global conflict.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oklahomaosage said:

According to my sources the usa asked russia for postions of Syria military prior to the launch.  Russia never sent the requested information until the strike had happen. If that was the case then the blame falls on both russia and the usa. Russia for not sending the asked info and the states for not waiting and trying to confirm that it was an ISIS  postion. It's all just a big mess that a lot of us in the military are afraid of it spilling over and starting a true global conflict.

Re the bolded - thanks for that comment because this is of HUGE concern -

I watched this the other day - and it's all a good discussion but I want to draw attention particularly to the section
beginning around 21:00 and an American military guy is expressing the same concerns - Scott Bennet - Former US Psyops Officer -

quote from that part -

Many of us in the military love Russia - we love the Russian personality and culture -

There's a lot of horrific stuff that's causing people like me to come out and speak truth -
this isn't just about destabilizing a region - this is about threatening all the world and civilization -
The US has caused so much chaos and havoc it shames me and so it may other politicians to say
"what have we become"..?

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2016 at 8:34 PM, bee said:

Re the bolded - thanks for that comment because this is of HUGE concern -

I watched this the other day - and it's all a good discussion but I want to draw attention particularly to the section
beginning around 21:00 and an American military guy is expressing the same concerns - Scott Bennet - Former US Psyops Officer -

quote from that part -

Many of us in the military love Russia - we love the Russian personality and culture -

There's a lot of horrific stuff that's causing people like me to come out and speak truth -
this isn't just about destabilizing a region - this is about threatening all the world and civilization -
The US has caused so much chaos and havoc it shames me and so it may other politicians to say
"what have we become"..?

From 9.50 to 10.15 hit the nail on the head.

• Like 2