Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Cop rages and breaks car windows

seeder

I think this guy totally lost it

'I was scared': Driver who filmed a Met policeman smashing his car windscreen in a case of mistaken identity reveals his 'terror'

Leon Fontana filmed video of police officer telling him to get out of his car
    The 25-year-old said he 'didn't feel safe' and refused to leave his vehicle
    Heard telling told officer he had ID before taking keys out of the ignition
    Pulled over in case of mistaken identity and officer is on 'restricted duties'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796282/I-scared-Driver-filmed-Met-policeman-smashing-car-windscreen-case-mistaken-identity-reveals-terror.html#ixzz4Kk0egTpe

• Like 4

Positions of authority attract psychopaths. 

• Like 4

Law enforcement is one place we don't need a psychopath. 

• Like 3

I don't know if I would be scared for my safety or counting the boatload of cash I was going to receive in the near future..;)

• Like 2

Well, what have we learnt here? It'd would have been wiser to actually obey the law.

Edited by Hudds

The British accents makes the cop seem less intimidating to me for some reason lol

• Like 4

Wouldn't just have been easier if he got out of the car.  If he was legal why would he worry about showing his documents?

• Like 2

What bothers me is the cops knife. WE can get arrested for carrying a knife....IF we cant show good reason. For ex, Im walking down the street, cop searches me and I have a folding knife in my pocket...what reason do I have for carrying a knife? Even if the blade is legal....and I think thats 3 inches or less....I still need a good reason for having it.

Of course, If say Im fishing....and I have a knife...my 'good reason' for having it could be I need it to gut any fish I catch....other than that it can be an offence for carrying a bladed article. What good reason does the cop have?

• Like 1

Just now, seeder said:

What bothers me is the cops knife. WE can get arrested for carrying a knife....IF we cant show good reason. For ex, Im walking down the street, cop searches me and I have a folding knife in my pocket...what reason do I have for carrying a knife? Even if the blade is legal....and I think thats 3 inches or less....I still need a good reason for having it.

Of course, If say Im fishing....and I have a knife...my 'good reason' for having it could be I need it to gut any fish I catch....other than that it can be an offence for carrying a bladed article. What good reason does the cop have?

Thats one of the mantras of the police accountability movement here in the US: Badges dont grant extra rights. 

I carry a pocket knife because neuropathy makes fine motor skill hard at times for things like opening bags of chips and the like. Feel free to use that excuse any time LOL  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seeder said:

Police officers are allowed to carry knives as a utility knife. But I don't completely approve of how the whole incident was carried out, especially with a knife. 

However if the guy did actually comply, the officer would had no reason to smash his car windows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seeder said:

Police carry batons and pepper spray, they are also illegal for the general public.  They dive through red lights and speed.  They have exceptions because of the job they do.

The knife/saw was used to cut through the glass, if somebody was trapped in a burning car this tool could save their life.  The real question is excessive force etc.

I am not condoning his actions but if the guy had opened the door it would be a non-case.  I am myself worried about the police in the UK and how disconnected they are becoming from the public.  

I would like to know the full facts before condemning the officer or the driver, I will say however the Policeman seems to have the people skills of Attila the Hun and it seems to be spreading throughout the UK police force.

• Like 3

Id have thought common sense would prevail, if the driver side window is open a fraction, as it was....easier to insert the baton between the glass and the door frame, and lever back to bust it...... rather than attempt sawing through the windscreen..

Maybe thats just the benefit of age tho, but I'll stick to my guns...the cop over reacted.....the driver was just a black youth....not an ISIS member with hostages...

• Like 1