Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Narcos

HandsomeGorilla

Anyone else watch this (so far) outstanding series on Netflix? It's a dramatized life story of Colombian druglord Pablo Escobar, his influence on both the political and societal climate of Medellin and his final takedown by the US Government. I'm still on season one, but I'm highly impressed so far, and it takes a lot for me to get hooked on a series. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Anyone else watch this (so far) outstanding series on Netflix? It's a dramatized life story of Colombian druglord Pablo Escobar, his influence on both the political and societal climate of Medellin and his final takedown by the US Government. I'm still on season one, but I'm highly impressed so far, and it takes a lot for me to get hooked on a series. 

It's pretty good but I hate that so many people are essentially glorifying the man (people sharing memes and what-not on Facebook, wearing his t-shirts as though he's another Che Guevara, etc). He was the scum of the earth. He, at 27, married a 15 year old, killed, or ordered the killing of, countless people over the course of his life, including children, and even ordered bombs to be set off. He was the scum of the earth, responsible for an astounding level of death and destruction. A terrorist, but one who's only motivation was greed and power, which makes it a thousand times worse. I mean I even have a certain level of respect for some of the mafia when compared to him. At least they tried not to allow innocents to be killed.

I put him at a level with Hitler, Pol Pot and Tony Blair.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Outstanding series, Mrs ZZ and me watch it over and over, both seasons.

I'm not one to judge Escobar, it is what it is.

Some of the more gory stuff makes you turn away though.

Oh, you'll never see me glorify that monster. Folks argue that he helped the poor and middle class in Colombia, but if you help six and then kill twelve, you're not exactly batting 1.000. The man became incredibly violent and paranoid when the authorities were onto him and killed anyone he was even slightly suspicious of, including thousands of innocent people. 

Still, I'm absolutely hooked! I'm starting season two and am just as impressed; this series hasn't lost any steam yet. It's action packed and fast paced enough to not make it seem like it's just being drawn out at this point. Highly recommended to anyone else reading this! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Oh, you'll never see me glorify that monster. Folks argue that he helped the poor and middle class in Colombia, but if you help six and then kill twelve, you're not exactly batting 1.000. The man became incredibly violent and paranoid when the authorities were onto him and killed anyone he was even slightly suspicious of, including thousands of innocent people. 

Still, I'm absolutely hooked! I'm starting season two and am just as impressed; this series hasn't lost any steam yet. It's action packed and fast paced enough to not make it seem like it's just being drawn out at this point. Highly recommended to anyone else reading this! 

I think season 2 is even better than season 1.

We just took a break from it just as I am posting this. I am hooked in a big way.

• Like 1

Caught a little mistake in a later episode of season one. Valeria comes up Pablo's driveway to visit him in the passenger seat of an early 2000s BMW 5-series :lol:

Of course, Pablo was killed in 1993.

Ok,  carry on! :lol:

• Like 1

Interesting catch! I just watched that (Episode 8) with the muddy driveway.

Edited by -ZZ-

• 1 month later...