Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Being watched

penguinfighter

I bet, could you tell us a little about yourself? Where were you when it started? How did it start? Any diagnosed mental conditions? Are you religious or maybe pagan? Were you dressed in an attention getting manner? 

• Like 4

it all started when i first encountered the presence of JFK (see my earlier post). I only consider myself a beliver in all or agnostic as some say. Thank you for your concern,you are such kind unexplained mysteries companions. 

6 minutes ago, Clair said:

The feeling of being watched is an evolutionary mechanism that's been hardwired into our brains. It's called 'gaze detection'

The following article explains what the gaze detection system is and how it works:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-narcissus-in-all-us/201102/how-you-know-eyes-are-watching-you

Interesting link Clair, thanks for that!

• Like 1

Seems to be a few people about in "altered states" today.

• Like 2

I feel like I'm being watched alot.  I think it's something to do with anxiety.  

When it's really bad for me, it feels like there is a spotlight on me.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, penguinfighter said:

it all started when i first encountered the presence of JFK (see my earlier post). I only consider myself a beliver in all or agnostic as some say. Thank you for your concern,you are such kind unexplained mysteries companions. 

Have you been to a doctor? If not you should see one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, penguinfighter said:

Gathering the contents of your earlier posts and your current one, your symptoms are not related to the Paranormal. So therefor you should also be concerned of your well being, and seek medical help so they may be able to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

On 20.09.2016 at 2:55 PM, penguinfighter said:

Today I could Feel eyes on me no matter where I turn

and it sucks man

If it only was one day, it is okay. But if it is often, maybe you can feel subconsciously that you are observed. We all are (some fully and some only little). Read Privacy Protection.

Edited by The-Spirit-of-Truth
a typo

• 3 months later...

I do not believe in gaze detection whatsoever. I joined this forum to try to understand what I have been experience from watching people come in and out of my company's building. The windows are glass with absolutely no ability to see in. You can only stare out from inside the building.

I started a job in a corporate office where I sit by the window where I can see out but no one can see in.  Since my window is right by my door, I watch a lot of people come in and out. My desk is positioned by the window and when i was on a phone call.. I would stare out as I talked. Little by little..what I noticed was when I stare at people...about 1 in 5 of them snap their head back or look as if they are being watched. I didn't really pay it any attention until I kept seeing a small pattern of people turning around.  I am completely convinced now that certain people are born with that ultra sensory perception to feel someone staring at you. This has made be look into the mind and its abilities including subconscious states.  I too can feel stares at time.. and its like my head turns around so fast as if I had no control. Is that me? my mind? or a guardian angel if that exists??

FYI... that number i mentioned.. about 1 in 5 people snapping their heads around to see who is watching them... that is my average number.  Also... once do it to a person.. like say the janitor or an employee that works in my building.. i am never able to do it again.. seems it works only once on a person and never again. Only new people I never seen before are ever able to feel my stare. Its almost as if once a person feels my stare.. then register it in their brain some how and I can never do it again.  But because there is a bank and my company share the same door.. there is never an end to new people that come in.. and I am blow away a small percentage an feel my stare.  As I said.. usually.. its a quick snap of the neck.. but 2 weeks ago, one man left my building and I was staring at him hard. After about 70 ft.. he stopped in his tracks.. and turned around and stared right back at my window and paused for 5 seconds. I can only say that my stunned at first..but then this overwhelming joy as I confirmed for my own sanity that this is a REAL phenomenon.  Is there anyone in here that experienced this? 

I would like to start recording this but I am afraid my co-workers would think I am an absolute loon.

Edited by rooberz
better description of my experience

FYI.. i have no religious beliefs.. I don't go to psychics but I do have a belief in energy.  I would say my craziest belief is that we should all keep a healthy balance of good and some for of negative energy in our bodies and mind because I can't imagine a life where u are happy all the time, or in la la land 24/7. I feel u have to have some negative torment of sorts in your life and body to appreciate the good and positive energy in your body.... if that makes any sense at all.