Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how powerfull is gun manufacturers in U.S?

kobolds

I starting to realized that gun manufacturers has huge influence in U.S whether in gov or private sector.

1. even though gun violent happen all the time , you will never see the manufacturers name in the news. why?

2. trump famous for out spoken , not afraid anyone , don't even dare to mention them. why?

3. congress always call for more gun control but no one  call for ban . why ? 

if congress cannot decide why not let the people vote whether to ban or not (like brexit) . the funny part is, it never lead to such outcome . 

what more scary ? , try google , there are no conspiracy theory about them .

Oh goodie, another anti-gun thread.  This one, this time, without a tragedy to latch onto, at least.

Gun manufacturers aren't mentioned because it is an unimportant fact to bring up.

And a small minority of people do call for a ban...they're uninformed and don't realize that a ban is unconstitutional.  There are even some that want to sue gun manufacturers when a crime is committed with a gun--which is one of the most absurd things I read about when this subject is brought up.

A general vote from the public will not ban guns either, too many people understand our rights to bear arms and too many people care about protecting their loved ones and this country.

Okay...here we go.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Oh goodie, another anti-gun thread.  This one, this time, without a tragedy to latch onto, at least.

Gun manufacturers aren't mentioned because it is an unimportant fact to bring up.

And a small minority of people do call for a ban...they're uninformed and don't realize that a ban is unconstitutional.  There are even some that want to sue gun manufacturers when a crime is committed with a gun--which is one of the most absurd things I read about when this subject is brought up.

A general vote from the public will not ban guns either, too many people understand our rights to bear arms and too many people care about protecting their loved ones and this country.

Okay...here we go.

This is not anti gun thread .

I find it strange even with soo many gun violent , the manufacturer name , never show up anywhere. not even conspiracy theory ?

like what you did  said "Gun manufacturers aren't mentioned because it is an unimportant fact to bring up." this part  which is strange . 

other company like Intel/apple , we know everything about them (from management to yearly profit ) . so tell me what do you know about gun manufacturer other than general information?

Edited by kobolds

1 hour ago, kobolds said:

I find it strange even with soo many gun violent , the manufacturer name , never show up anywhere. not even conspiracy theory ?

like what you did  said "Gun manufacturers aren't mentioned because it is an unimportant fact to bring up." this part  which is strange . 

other company like Intel/apple , we know everything about them (from management to yearly profit ) . so tell me what do you know about gun manufacturer other than general information?

Well judgeing by your broken English way of typeing i'm going to venture a guess that your not American?

As Thor said a manufacturer is a unimportant fact,gun violence is a people problem not the product...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kobolds said:

Because it's unimportant.

Why is that strange?

Quite a bit. I know that there are many gun manufacturers.  They all manufacture guns.  Some manufacture their own ammo.  Some of the manufacturers put out quality items.  Some are hand made, some are machine-made.  Some manufacturers guns are not well-made.  Some are US-based, some are not.

Honestly, what's not to know about them?  They're all pretty transparent.  They're just companies doing business.

OH it will be.  Just wait.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2016 at 4:56 PM, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

OH it will be.  Just wait.

Hmmm, the anti-US anti-Gun anti-Self Defense crowd must be busy.  That's a relief for once.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe there should be 2 areas here. One where peeps have to be this tall _ in order to post, one for the adults.

France has some of the most restrictive gun laws, yet people get massacred there often. Wonder why. Are there more deaths there due to kalishnikov's, knives, trucks or religion?

Maybe people should sue Kalishnikov/Russia. See how that works.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Poppi said:

Maybe there should be 2 areas here. One where peeps have to be this tall _ in order to post, one for the adults.

France has some of the most restrictive gun laws, yet people get massacred there often. Wonder why. Are there more deaths there due to kalishnikov's, knives, trucks or religion?

Almost a bit of thread necromancy, but that's ok.

Gun-related deaths are higher in areas of gun restriction because of two things.  Firstly, the criminals now see those areas are easy targets, so they'll congregate there more often.  Like wolves circling around a herd looking for the weak.  More criminals = more chance of criminal activity.  Secondly, the people there are less capable of defending themselves and preventing a gun "massacre" from happening.  Some pulls out a weapon and fires, that person is much more likely to get multiple shots off because no one is returning fire.

Ha, yeah, I'd like to see someone try and sue Kalishnikov for gun deaths using their weapons....the payout would be HUGE if it worked.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

On 9/22/2016 at 3:06 AM, kobolds said:

I think it depends on the situation.

We have Gun Regulation here in Australia, but some importers tried to pressure the Government to allow the Adler Lever Action Shotgun to be reclassified under a lower class restriction in order to allow importation and distribution. 

If you Google Adler Lever Action Australia, I heap of links about it will come up. The Manufacturer is mentioned in most debates, being the supplier for the importers who would destroy our regulations for a quick buck. So to me, the importers are who should be hung out to dry, yet the Manufacturer is being targeted. 

Thankfully, the original regulation instigated by John Howard was upheld, and is not going to be changed. To the chagrin of the importers, after the Lindt siege the Government went further placing tougher restrictions on the class of shooter that can buy the weapon.

But there you go, they got mentioned in that one :tu: 

1 hour ago, Poppi said:

People do not get massacred there often. They have had some religious conflicts over the last couple of years, in general, that argument doesn't have much support. France has around 1,800 firearms deaths every year, as opposed to the more than 33,000 in the United States. Increases in violence, and gun related incidents are directly related to the French/Islamic conflict. 

Why Muslims would continue to live in, let alone visit or emigrate to France I find a little bewildering. Whilst I do not condone Frances position there, I can see quite clearly that the religion is not welcomed there in general. Why go to a place where you are clearly not wanted? 

Why the extremists have been successful with their imports is the same reason poor old Chicago has such a rough time at trying to implement gun Laws. Border issues. Bit hard for Chicago to stand above when on all borders one can easily buy a gun quite legally and then drive back. Same thing - weapons imports to France undoubtably arrive through a number of ways, but one method clearly stands out - Europe's border-control-free Schengen area. Internal borders throughout much of mainland Europe have had no passport controls or baggage checks. With Europe's quest for closer ties there are now 26 different countries within the Schengen area, which means a huge number of people (400 million - even topping the US population count) can travel freely in an area that spans more than 1.6 million square miles, yet the proportion of Gun death is minuscule by comparison discounting the last terrorist activities, which clearly were imported weapons from the Balkan states. 

LOL suing Russia? I could just imagine Putin chuckling. 

vladimir-putin-fingers-meme-generator-se

:lol:

Canada spent a vulgar amount of money on gun registration. Good people lined up to register. But of course, the criminals failed to count their guns. Which in retrospect, seems pretty obvious. duh. So now, there are -not kidding- hundreds of gun crimes ( look- Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto) by unregistered/stolen guns. But there is now a list, of good citizens who did register.

There was a flood near Calgary, where residents evacuated...They returned to find their homes had been broken into by the police, and searched. Guns found were confiscated. Owners had a difficult time regaining their property.

What would Texas have done

1 minute ago, Poppi said:

Texans would probably have stayed and drowned with their guns.

Those things get expensive, you know.

re: "" Fifty cal's are heavy and expensive.   """  they also break your nails, tried Toms on for size HOLY CRAPPOLA !
Never again .... eeeeah 44 / 38  seem fine and they don't pull you down when cruising the ravines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppi said:

Canada spent a vulgar amount of money on gun registration. Good people lined up to register. But of course, the criminals failed to count their guns. Which in retrospect, seems pretty obvious. duh. So now, there are -not kidding- hundreds of gun crimes ( look- Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto) by unregistered/stolen guns. But there is now a list, of good citizens who did register.

There was a flood near Calgary, where residents evacuated...They returned to find their homes had been broken into by the police, and searched. Guns found were confiscated. Owners had a difficult time regaining their property.

Well of course a criminal will refuse to register a gun, crime is not a good reason to own one. 

But how can that be sustained? Guns do not last forever, ammunition has the be secured and criminals get caught. When there is a major change, resistance often "makes things worse before they get better" so that really falls on occam's razor. If regulations are in place, it will be harder to replenish the supply. 

That is where border control becomes all important in a true all round solution, and where the holes in Frances regulations were, and remain to be. 

I do not know of the incident that you mention, to be honest, it sounds exaggerated. Do you have any links to this claim? 

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

do not know of the incident that you mention, to be honest, it sounds exaggerated. Do you have any links to this claim?

..." sounds exaggerated. Do you have any links to this claim?  "

any search engine ::::: confiscated by police CANADA

Happens in the states too, well -- this is not the exact same with guns but a true story to this day ......>>> a bit different but to this day some kid broke into contractor's work rig, stole all the woodworking powertools all DeWalt whatever top of the line equipment(over 1 year ago), police have the kids and they are locked up because of extensive rap sheets or whatever they're called these days anyway ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR AND THE POLICE WILL NOT GIVE BACK THE POWER TOOLS , true story.  Kind of made me sick the guy built log cabins had to get loan / borrow so he could get tools to work, no I don't know anymore details except the poor guy that had his tools stolen still doesn't have them back, not all places are boss-hog-dukes-of-hazard / kangaroo court places but some places truly are oddly run.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

..." sounds exaggerated. Do you have any links to this claim?  "

any search engine ::::: confiscated by police CANADA

Happens in the states too, well -- this is not the exact same with guns but a true story to this day ......>>> a bit different but to this day some kid broke into contractor's work rig, stole all the woodworking powertools all DeWalt whatever top of the line equipment(over 1 year ago), police have the kids and they are locked up because of extensive rap sheets or whatever they're called these days anyway ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR AND THE POLICE WILL NOT GIVE BACK THE POWER TOOLS , true story.  Kind of made me sick the guy built log cabins had to get loan / borrow so he could get tools to work, no I don't know anymore details except the poor guy that had his tools stolen still doesn't have them back, not all places are boss-hog-dukes-of-hazard / kangaroo court places but some places truly are oddly run.

Well thank you Miss MWoo!

5ajbeWB.gif

I Googled that and it was the third listing  I am assuming this is the High River flood? 

And as I expected - exaggerated!!!! Not all guns confiscated, only those easily visible to looters, and some not removed, but hidden in less visible locations like cupboards and such.

And - every one returned according to sources. 

First thought I had was looting too. Seems to happen in floods a lot, I read about it down here too when they happen. So securing visible firearms seems a very good measure to guard against those cretins? The Mounties saved 38 people at the same time too!! But not as much news on that as the people who had their deadly weapon secured in an attempt to foil looters, which lets face it, would be a direct route to the black market, and the criminal element. And it seems was a successful measure.

People were upset about this? 

In the course of those inspections, the RCMP rescued 38 people. They also discovered that some homeowners had taken their firearms out of locked storage and moved them to higher ground to prevent them from being damaged. In one home, officers found 50 unsecured weapons in a child’s bedroom. In other homes, there were fully operational guns on tables and stacked against walls.

Worried about looting, and the possibility of the guns falling into criminal hands, in many cases the Mounties seized the firearms on the spot. In other cases, they left the guns but went back for them later. In a few cases, they simply moved the guns out of view by hiding them in a closet or locking them in an available room in the house.

It’s an offence under the Criminal Code to leave a legal firearm unsecured. But the RCMP never intended to lay charges. The Complaints Commission accepts that the officers only ever wanted to gather up the weapons, store them safely at their headquarters, and then return them in an orderly fashion after the crisis had passed. All have since been returned.

LINK

In a natural disaster, we have to do what we can when we can, I do not see anything untoward here? 

What were the people upset about? Did any one of them actually need a gun during the period when the flood damage was being managed? Not to mention, the people who had their weapons out and in full view were actually violating the law! 

And how good is the follow up!!!!

By the time the original 4,700 home checks were done, the RCMP had collected 609 firearms from 105 residences. In the following days, the EOC ordered the RCMP to return to the homes to help with the rescue of 700 abandoned pets. And then it ordered the RCMP to go back one more time with tradesmen doing safety inspections.

The pets would have just made so many people days, how good would it be to get a loved one like that back after thinking they must be gone!! 

The power tools sounds like bad bureaucracy, has the chap taken his plight to the local media? That tends to get bums of seats pretty quickly.  

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

did you type / spell it right ? .... search engines I use are simply covered with the info

YOu play it off like you could hardly find it,   I GOOGLED IT, it was the third listing ... like nothing else,

crap that's after the ads  .... ssss as I expected exaggeration ... well , guns missing, and if any at the local keystone cop romper room ... they would be hard ... well A PAIN IN THE AAARRRSE to get back,

Type correctly and there's loads of information

Yes reading your post, I like , thanks.

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

And as I expected - exaggerated!!!!

Search results , loads of stories covers the search results pages, your like oh third one down there yes there there ,, yes there was something third one down .... god ... like the Friggin einstien creature that was lurking around here a couple days ago.

... ? could hardly find it pure, (you mentioned)exaggeration,  oh just as I thought .... interesting

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Okay ,,, well I guess it wasn't like I thought, read some online pieces, re-read your two bits.  Hmmm yes ah I will have to say it wasn't like I suggested, nothing even remotely like in the states, okay ah I seem to have been slightly skewed and/or possibly exaggerated in some instances like the specificities of that exact single story that you picked out but the other storys ? no way , it has happened, THE POLICE mouthing and pawing over everyone's firearms whatever reason they needed, sssssss stay the hell out of people's cabinets, they just ... it was a reason or EXCUSE boys in blue or courts no ... no .. seldom ever any good ,,, it was a good excuse to get their mitts on those guns.

"

In addition to taking away residents’s lawfully owned property, about 30 RCMP put down a spike strip and set up a blockade to prevent homeowners from returning to High River to assess the damage wrought by the flood.

Naturally, this situation p***ed off a lot of people.

"

Loads of sources no ..... no .... I said no , again no not just that specific story High River Flood.

eh its late, nighterzzz

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

eegads.. okay..... you were possibly right on a couple of items there "Not all guns confiscated, only those easily visible to looters, and some not removed" in regards ONLY to the one HighRiver Flood piece/article.  Thanks Psych I'm wiped, another day okay nighterzzz

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Okay ,,, well I guess it wasn't like I thought, read some online pieces, re-read your two bits.  Hmmm yes ah I will have to say it wasn't like I suggested, nothing even remotely like in the states, okay ah I seem to have been slightly skewed and/or possibly exaggerated in some instances like the specificities of that exact single story that you picked out but the other storys ? no way , it has happened, THE POLICE mouthing and pawing over everyone's firearms whatever reason they needed, sssssss stay the hell out of people's cabinets, they just ... it was a reason or EXCUSE boys in blue or courts no ... no .. seldom ever any good ,,, it was a good excuse to get their mitts on those guns.

"

In addition to taking away residents’s lawfully owned property, about 30 RCMP put down a spike strip and set up a blockade to prevent homeowners from returning to High River to assess the damage wrought by the flood.

Naturally, this situation p***ed off a lot of people.

"

Yeah, happens a lot. We had a flash flood here about 6 years ago, with similar consequences. People were caught suddenly, so the deluge had bodies as well as all sorts of nasty things turned up by the torrent that made the area hazardous, where the rivers met the sea, Bull Sharks moved back up them, and were swimming in suburban streets! Then of course when the waters start to settle we get flooded areas that breed nasty parasites and diseases, clean up is paramount. We do not want to lose any more than a disaster claims, and I would not like a kid to find a bloated body or something. But in that case, moving the firearms seems a really good idea, I honestly cannot see why people would object to that. 

This 6 footer was spotted at Goodna, where my little sister has a house that got flooded. This is during the local floods I mentioned above.

LINK - Do you want fries with that? Australian spots a 6ft bull shark swimming in McDonald's takeaway 

We cannot always see the reasons as to why authorities take certain measures, but some patience will usually lead to explanation. I can understand the people being really annoyed, hard enough in times like that, all you want to do is get back to your home and assess the damage. I honestly think both parties have genuine reasons for their actions here. It is just a difficult thing to deal with. 

But I hope that guy gets his power tools back, the system is not perfect for sure, and sometimes little people like that suffer when they should not. But that is when getting community involved tends to get better results. I would suggest he rally the local media. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

OMG I typed this whole thing out,  ERRROR ... page could not be brought back, nice.

GAWD not a whole page but pretty much on every or every other sentence you had I was replying to,,, ah SENDING SUBMITTING .. probably not probably ERROR and loose again ,,, copy paste back up made but won't need now because all will work ... its a nature thing HA!

recap/summary/in-summation thanks for the two bits on getting tools back, not a friend but a couple roads down the valley and thanks for the tips and I'll be sticking my nose in down there and mention it.

Liked this and thanks for putting up with me ..hahaha unlike that friggineinstein creature that was around here a couple days ago.

"  Yeah, happens a lot. We had a flash flood here about 6 years ago, with similar consequences. People were caught suddenly, so the deluge had bodies as well as all sorts of nasty things turned up by the torrent that made the area hazardous, where the rivers met the sea, Bull Sharks moved back up them, and were swimming in suburban streets! Then

LINK - Do you want fries with that? Australian spots a 6ft bull shark swimming in McDonald's takeaway 

We cannot always see the reasons as to why authorities take certain measures, but some patience will usually lead to explanation. I can understand the people being really annoyed, hard enough in times like that, all you want to do is get back to your home and assess the damage. I honestly think both parties have genuine reasons for their actions here. It is just a difficult thing to deal with. 

But I hope that guy gets his power tools back, the system is not perfect for sure, and sometimes little people like that suffer when they should not. But that is when getting community involved tends to get better results. I would suggest he rally the local media.   "

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

OMG I typed this whole thing out,  ERRROR ... page could not be brought back, nice.

One of the intermittent updates, Caught me a couple of time recently too. Seems to happen about this time of day. 

The post used to auto save, so it would be there when you came back, but that does not seem to be working anymore I have noticed. 

DO NOT click on "New Reply New Page" either!! It does the same thing I found yesterday and wipes the entire post just to fliock to a new page!! 

GAWD

Yes? How can I help?

not a whole page but pretty much on every or every other sentence you had I was replying to,,, ah SENDING SUBMITTING .. probably not probably ERROR and loose again ,,, copy paste back up made but won't need now because all will work ... its a nature thing HA!

Nature can be cruel ........ ;) 

recap/summary/in-summation thanks for the two bits on getting tools back, not a friend but a couple roads down the valley and thanks for the tips and I'll be sticking my nose in down there and mention it.

Good on you! Let me know how it pans out will ya.

Liked this and thanks for putting up with me ..hahaha unlike that friggineinstein creature that was around here a couple days ago.

LOL, putting up with you?

Not all that hard, a bit hard to follow the posts occasionally, but I do LOVE your enthusiasm!! I reckon you would be a barrel of fun in person!!! I really like what I see there.

• Like 1

hahaha okay, had to login, ah .. very detailed, but I can't read, my brains are dribbling out my ears .... a bit low on glucose/(chemistry humor) and my batteries (obviously not Lithiums)need recharged.  THANKS shew yeah kind of hated typing away and BLAM nothing, F5, alt-back, other wiindow, nope, diff browsers copy url just sorry page no longer exists.  Alrighty its too late , shy on zzzzzz/sleep ngihterzzzzzzzz

REGARDING BELOW trans.:

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The post used to auto save, so it would be there when you came back, but that does not seem to be working anymore I have noticed. 

DO NOT click on "New Reply New Page" either!! It does the same thing I found yesterday and wipes the entire post just to fliock to a new page!! 

GAWD

Yes? How can I help?

not a whole page but pretty much on every or every other sentence you had I was replying to,,, ah SENDING SUBMITTING .. probably not probably ERROR and loose again ,,, copy paste back up made but won't need now because all will work ... its a nature thing HA!

Nature can be cruel ........ ;) 

• Like 1

Thanks, 101 and 007. A pleasure to read adults discussing.

There is a spin to that news...Yes, it was High River (not going to address the fact people built on a flood plain, in a town called High River- then tried to get compensation from gov)... Who would ever leave guns in sight from the exterior? Nobody in the history of Canada (me thinks).

The police kicked in their doors (the flood was weak, and nobody even came close to dying there) and SEARCHED the residence. ...am wondering now if the Canadian gun registration (in which only honest citizens declared their guns), was accessed by the cops- and those peoples houses targeted.

• Like 1