Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Violent poltergeist caught on camera

Black Monk

@Black Monk

What are now your thoughts on the image which has been proven to be a Hoax, and the claims of the alleged haunting?

Bare in mind I am definitely not a sceptic, but there are too many false claims out there for attention from people or the media, unfortunately.

Edited by Hudds

4 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Meh who cares... But at the same time, for someone who's really into this  crap, you'd think he'd know the history of this person. So I don't buy the excuse.

You aren't into "this crap" - yet you and your mates post on a forum called Unexplained Mysteries... and in the Ghosts, Hauntings and The Paranormal section. Yet you all always seem to be taken by surprise every time a story about ghosts appears in aforementioned section!

Strange people.

Do tell me, my good fellow - what threads should appear in the Ghosts, Hauntings and The Paranormal section of this forum? Threads about gardening, perhaps?

Edited by Black Monk

Just now, Black Monk said:

You aren't into "this crap" - yet you and your mates post on a forum called Unexplained Mysteriess... and in the Ghosts, Hauntings and The Paranormal section. Yet you all always seem to be taken by surprise every time a story about ghosts appears in aforementioned section!

Strange people.

No we're never taken by surprise because not once have we seen any compelling footage. We're waiting for it though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

You aren't into "this crap" - yet you and your mates post on a forum called Unexplained Mysteriess... and in the Ghosts, Hauntings and The Paranormal section. Yet you all always seem to be taken by surprise every time a story about ghosts appears in aforementioned section!

Strange people.

tumblr_oc7rinNsnS1vubkq2o1_r1_250.gif

Whenever a validatable case of paranormal activity can be show, as in it's real and baffling scientist, I'll be more than willing to change my tune.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zenith said:

No we're never taken by surprise because not once have we seen any compelling footage. We're waiting for it though.

No. You always seem to be surprised and angered that someone is posting threads about GHOSTS in the GHOSTS section of the forum! What type of threads do you expect to see here? Gardening threads, perhaps? Threads on how to re-tile a roof? Or do you expect to see threads on how to de-flea a cat?

If you don't want to see threads about ghosts then don't hang around the ghosts section of the forum!

A lot more threads about ghosts are on their way, so I expect you to either buzz off elsewhere or stop whingeing.

Edited by Black Monk

3 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

No. You always seem to be surprised and angered that someone is posting threads about GHOSTS in the GHOSTS section of the forum! What type of threads do you expect to see here? Gardening threads, perhaps? Threads on how to re-tile a roof? Or do you expect to see threads on how to de-flea a cat?

If you don't want to see threads about ghosts then don't hang around the ghosts section of the forum!

A lot more threads about ghosts are on their way, so I expect you to either buzz off elsewhere or stop whingeing.

I'm neither surprised nor angered, just amused. And if it's your intent to start accosting members for stating their opinion, i suggest you get a grip and dial it back a notch. Post all the topic threads you want, you'll get as many opinions from me and everyone else on them.

And since this is the GHOST section, then post pics of ghosts, not fake ones, but REAL ones. And try to post something new, not just videos and photos that have been circulating the internet for ages.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2016 at 7:27 PM, JesseCuster said:

Yup, looks like a hoax.  It this is the real deal in the sense that it was taken in the home in question by a family member or investigator, then it looks like the story has some serious credibility issues.

I'm not positive on the hoax aspect. Don't get me wrong, it is a clear debunk, I 100% agree with that. I'm just not sure it was taken with premeditation intended to deceive. I say this because I've often been a moron with my digital camera and got really weird crap images because of it. And because there have been plenty of times here on UM when someone took a weird pic and not knowing any better passed it on, and someone else got a hold of it and passed it on- either unwittingly or knowing it's bunk, or just adding more information to the topic.

But then, I'm working off Black Monks post of the pic- he didn't give any details about it to be able to make hoax assumptions. And I sure wasn't going to watch an hour episode of Youtube to see if perhaps the photo was mentioned somewhere. So my assumptions that it might just be ignorance debunked rather than a hoax might be wrong.

And now I'm going to post again... this time as a moderator.

I've just cleaned the thread of unnecessary, unkind, and derailing commentary about Black Monks name. Knock it off folks, don't bring it up again please. We can all discuss this topic in a civilized manner without dragging anyone's name through the mud.

And I'm rather tired of seeing arguments about arguing between skeptics and believers- everyone needs to discuss topics without attacking or ganging up on anyone. UM is for believers and skeptics, and both groups are very necessary for the forum to work well. And everyone here should know the site rules, and be able to keep up with them without having to be regularly moderated. Just a suggestion, but everyone should read the rules again now: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/

Keep it nice folks and discuss civilly please :tu:

~Rashore, moderating team~

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rashore said:

I'm not positive on the hoax aspect. Don't get me wrong, it is a clear debunk, I 100% agree with that. I'm just not sure it was taken with premeditation intended to deceive. I say this because I've often been a moron with my digital camera and got really weird crap images because of it. And because there have been plenty of times here on UM when someone took a weird pic and not knowing any better passed it on, and someone else got a hold of it and passed it on- either unwittingly or knowing it's bunk, or just adding more information to the topic.

But then, I'm working off Black Monks post of the pic- he didn't give any details about it to be able to make hoax assumptions. And I sure wasn't going to watch an hour episode of Youtube to see if perhaps the photo was mentioned somewhere. So my assumptions that it might just be ignorance debunked rather than a hoax might be wrong.

You're possibly right in the sense that the photo mightn't have been taken or staged with the intention of deceiving.  It's my contention that most photos touted as ghosts and UFOs aren't hoaxes in the sense that they were setup as hoaxes or Photoshopped, but are mere glitches, shadows, optical orbs, digital artefacts, etc. (sometimes a combination of these).   But a photo doesn't need to be deliberately staged to be a hoax.  If someone who know it isn't a ghost claims that it is, then it's a hoax.

In this case however, it's hard to imagine that the person taking the photo didn't know that there was a person in the room in front of him while he took an 8 second exposure.  So whoever took the photo knows it isn't a ghost.   At some stage, either through deception or just plain uncritical reporting, it got marked as a photo of the "Black Monk".

It's consistent with either deliberate deception or with just sloppy reporting of a bad photo.  Doesn't help with the credibility of the story either way or how well it's being reported if the photo is being reposted online as evidence of a 16th century Black Monk haunting the house.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Black Monk said:

You aren't into "this crap" - yet you and your mates post on a forum called Unexplained Mysteries... and in the Ghosts, Hauntings and The Paranormal section. Yet you all always seem to be taken by surprise every time a story about ghosts appears in aforementioned section!

Strange people.

Do tell me, my good fellow - what threads should appear in the Ghosts, Hauntings and The Paranormal section of this forum? Threads about gardening, perhaps?

All one has to do is prove their claims.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

EERIE footage of a child’s buggy falling down the stairs shows Britain’s most violent poltergeist in action for the first time ever – ghosthunters claim.

The Black Monk Of Pontefract is said to have haunted a family home in the West Yorkshire town for the past half-century.

But paranormal investigators have never been able to capture it on film before a recent visit to the property by Steve Archibald, 36, and his wife Carrie.

The pair from Pitch Black Investigations persuaded a group of intrepid paranormal enthusiasts to spend the night at 30 East Drive in Pontefract, West Yorks.

The house was the site of one of Britain’s most notorious alleged hauntings when the Pritchard family were subjected to years of torment by a spectre dubbed The Black Monk Of Pontefract.

And Steve’s footage appears to show a pushchair being thrown by an invisible force down the same set of stairs where 14-year-old Diane Pritchard is said to have been dragged by the hair by the monk.

Some of the team were so scared by what they witnessed they refused to spend the night in the house and instead fled to a nearby hotel.

Just last week, paranormal investigator Claire Cowell captured an image she believes shows the arm of the monk’s robe clutching rosary beads – also on the stairs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1952273/has-film-of-buggy-falling-down-stairs-finally-captured-notorious-poltergeist-known-as-the-black-monk-in-action/

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1

Edited by Black Monk

Hmm, not very convincing! Can anyone find a longer video? 36 seconds is a bit annoying, surely they post their footage somewhere?

There could be a number of explanations for this happening naturally, there could be a number of easy ways to fake it too.

eg. The clock face seems to 'flash' or reflect something around the corner of the staircase just before the buggy begins to move, maybe someone fanning air at the buggy with a flat object?

• Like 1

I went to the kitchen this morning. Opened the fridge and everything on top of it came crashing down when I opened it. Broken plates and an old beer. Stuff that was on the middle of the fridge top fell down.

I paid no mind to It and just swept the broken plates up. On my way back to my room i wondered what if it was a ghost. Then I rofl'd. 

Chances are it might be a ghost but i could care less. So in that way they'll never actually bother me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

EERIE footage of a child’s buggy falling down the stairs shows Britain’s most violent poltergeist in action for the first time ever – ghosthunters claim.

The Black Monk Of Pontefract is said to have haunted a family home in the West Yorkshire town for the past half-century.

But paranormal investigators have never been able to capture it on film before a recent visit to the property by Steve Archibald, 36, and his wife Carrie.

The pair from Pitch Black Investigations persuaded a group of intrepid paranormal enthusiasts to spend the night at 30 East Drive in Pontefract, West Yorks.

The house was the site of one of Britain’s most notorious alleged hauntings when the Pritchard family were subjected to years of torment by a spectre dubbed The Black Monk Of Pontefract.

And Steve’s footage appears to show a pushchair being thrown by an invisible force down the same set of stairs where 14-year-old Diane Pritchard is said to have been dragged by the hair by the monk.

Some of the team were so scared by what they witnessed they refused to spend the night in the house and instead fled to a nearby hotel.

Just last week, paranormal investigator Claire Cowell captured an image she believes shows the arm of the monk’s robe clutching rosary beads – also on the stairs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1952273/has-film-of-buggy-falling-down-stairs-finally-captured-notorious-poltergeist-known-as-the-black-monk-in-action/

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1

"Eerie"

You sure do enjoy your sensationalized headlines, don't you?

1 hour ago, Kurzweil said:

I went to the kitchen this morning. Opened the fridge and everything on top of it came crashing down when I opened it. Broken plates and an old beer. Stuff that was on the middle of the fridge top fell down.

I paid no mind to It and just swept the broken plates up. On my way back to my room i wondered what if it was a ghost. Then I rofl'd. 

Chances are it might be a ghost but i could care less. So in that way they'll never actually bother me.

Sometimes I think that gravity is out to get us.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 7:03 PM, Black Monk said:

And no sceptic has ever come forward with any compelling evidence that there are no poltergeists and ghosts. It works both ways.

NO it does not. Sceptics are not making a claim, those who make a claim must provide the evidence, evidence which will obviously be examined, and so far all examined evidence points to NO GHOSTS.............especially when the claimant is trying to show us a picture of a 17th century monk wearing sneakers. (mentioned by JesseCuster).

• Like 1

O.K, what is the shadow in the doorway to the lower left of the staircase right before the carriage falls? Is this someone pulling a tripwire pulling it downstairs? Things like this just do not add credibility to the video in my opinion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

O.K, what is the shadow in the doorway to the lower left of the staircase right before the carriage falls? Is this someone pulling a tripwire pulling it downstairs? Things like this just do not add credibility to the video in my opinion.

It's a complete fake.  As usual.  If Black Monk posts it, the safest thing to assume is that it's purely contrived and move on from it.

• Like 2

Missed this the first time around.  I would have to agree with Jesse - the evidence is right there of what the first image really is, and there is no way that photographer would not have known - course, the overwhelmingly likely option is that it was deliberately set up.

Then I watched the second one of the child's stroller.... :blink:  I find it hard to visualise a more contrived piece of video junk.  Of course you'd leave a stroller at the top of a staircase with a convenient camera ready to capture the incredibly unlikely possibility it could be pulled/pushed fall down..  And of course that's what a polterduck... er no what is it? - poltergeese... no.. ah yes poltergeist would do.  That will scare them humans and teach em not to put unattended strollers at the top of stairs - Yeahh!!!!

:td:  People buy this stuff?   It's a childish and blatant example of publicity seeking at its worst, and this crud is what is killing paranormal claims and turning any study of same into ridicule.  It's sad, because any decent interesting cases get swamped.

One good side for Black Monk perhaps - given his posting history to date, he has his wish in one small respect.  I won't be biting on anything else that comes from his direction...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, freetoroam said:

NO it does not. Sceptics are not making a claim, those who make a claim must provide the evidence, evidence which will obviously be examined, and so far all examined evidence points to NO GHOSTS.............especially when the claimant is trying to show us a picture of a 17th century monk wearing sneakers. (mentioned by JesseCuster).

So you think ghosts and poltergeists are an open question ? Yes ? Not that this question owes anything to the current discussion, which for some reason i can't be bothered with !

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

So you think ghosts and poltergeists are an open question ? Yes ? Not that this question owes anything to the current discussion, which for some reason i can't be bothered with !

I would love to believe in past lives being able to manifest themselves in the present, but I do not. But it is always interesting to read about why people think they have seen them, unfortunately, up to date, no one can provide the concrete evidence we need to prove this is the case. 

What I do not understand is why people think gadgets can catch ghosts = in the natural world you should not need man made equipment which basically only picks up static noises, produces lens flares and if the user is a really novice, gives us blurs too.

Like fantasy books, I like the read, but when someone produces pictures which are obviously either edited or can be easily debunked and they still can not get it and are trying to convince us its genuine, thats when it gets a bit tedious. 

After all these thousands of years, all we have to back up the ghost theory, is what is in peoples imagination and for some, in their heart and minds, which I believe if this brings comfort to some, then there is nothing wrong with that. 

Is it an open question? IMO = not for me. But hey! I am a sceptic, and without us you would have a whole lot more people fooling themselves....and a whole lot more people being fooled.

Edited by freetoroam