Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fact Checking Paranormal Experiences?

Zombie_Huntress

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I joined this forum, because I want to ask for some guidance. 

My sister (We'll call my sister Renee) tells me she's been communicating with a spirit. She says this spirit is a 13 year old girl named Annabell, and that Annabell told my sister Renee that she died in an airplane crash that was flying over the ocean near Florida. Annabell said that she was on the airplane with her two best friends around the same age as her. She told Renee that there were a lot of people on this airplane, maybe 100+ people. She also told Renee when she died the sun was setting, and it was beautiful. So, I decided to do some fact checking. However, I've come up with nothing. I'm not exactly sure how to find out if an airplane really crashed into the ocean with a 13 year old girl, and two of her friends on board. Annabell didn't specify the era in which she died, but airplanes have only been around for 100 years, give or take. I'm assuming it was within the last 70 years, or so.

Well, this is where I need some guidance. Does anyone know how I can do some accurate fact checking? I want to know if there really was a 13 year old girl named Annabell that died during an airplane crash into the ocean near Florida. 

Any help would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks! ☆〜(ゝ。∂)♪

Edited by Zombie_Huntress

I've had some weird dreams that I needed to check up on, some are right and some are completely wrong. But How I do it is using Google and going through old newspapers online. Try finding some documentation from newspapers, even Spanish newspapers. It's hard to find facts in this day in age, especially when so many things are happening in the world. Good luck and please do let us know if you find anything! xxx

• Like 1

Not sure if its encouraged to dwell too much on such claims but if you are genuinely interested to pursue this much further and if you are willing to spend the time on it here are some links that may be helpful ...

Aviation Accident Database & Synopses
The NTSB aviation accident database contains information from 1962 and later about civil aviation accidents and selected incidents within the United States, its territories and possessions, and in international waters. Generally, a preliminary report is available online within a few days of an accident. Factual information is added when available, and when the investigation is completed, the preliminary report is replaced with a final description of the accident and its probable cause. Full narrative descriptions may not be available for dates before 1993, cases under revision, or where NTSB did not have primary investigative responsibility.

~

• Accident & Incident Data

FAA Gov link

~

good luck ~

Edited by third_eye
formating wonky

21 minutes ago, ParaGirlsHauntedDiary said:

I've had some weird dreams that I needed to check up on, some are right and some are completely wrong. But How I do it is using Google and going through old newspapers online. Try finding some documentation from newspapers, even Spanish newspapers. It's hard to find facts in this day in age, especially when so many things are happening in the world. Good luck and please do let us know if you find anything! xxx

Thank you so much for posting! I will definitely try to find some old newspapers online. I did do a google search for plane crashes near Florida, and it yielded nothing. So, I will try finding some archives of newspapers. I hope I can search for specific keywords within the archives. I've looked at some newspaper sites, and they don't have a search function. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I find a local newspaper in Florida that allows searching keywords.

What's kind of strange is that my sister, and I were born and raised in Oregon, and we still live here in Oregon. So, I've wondered why a spirit so far away would be communicating with my sister in a state across the country. Perhaps spirits in the spirit world are not confined, nor bound to one place. I've always had a very strong intuition, and I have had dreams that come true the next day. I've also been able to hear people's thoughts audibly. It doesn't happen often, and I can't control it, but I can hear people thinking, and it sounds like they are talking. I can hear their voice, and if they aren't facing me, so I can see if their mouth is moving, I will think they are speaking out loud. I also have an indigo aura. However, even though I have these abilities, I don't know much about the spirit world. That's why I brought it up, because I have abilities, but I know next to nothing concerning the realm of the afterlife. 

Thanks again for the advice! I really appreciate it, and if I find anything, I'll let you know!ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Typos

there's a good book about something similar to this, Siren Call of the Hungry Ghost by Joe Fisher, he was an investigative journalist form Toronto  who was involved with a group that was channeling spirts in the 1980's, he did allot of fact checking and traveling to try and verify the identities of the spirits that his circle of friends were communicating with , they would give him their names, when and where they lived, etc.... he travelled to these places and dug through the records, to his disappointment, he always turned up empty. When he confronted the spirits about this, he basically became disillusioned with channeling all together......it's a good read.

You can start checking post WW2- it wasn't till after the war that the first really big 100 passenger planes started production. You can also pretty much restrict your search to commercial airports only- it's not likely that a commercial airline with a plane that big is going to take off or land anywhere other than a commercial airport.

You have a couple critical clues- it was over the ocean and at sunset. So then you can track crashes against that information. Now you start going through links- keep a list of what matches that and does not- that way when you come across the same info or some new nuggets you know if and how you recorded it. third_eye gave a great link for that.

Here is another one: http://www.timelines.ws/subjects/Aircrashes.HTML

I searched it quick and only found three plane crashes related to Florida of such a large crash. One crashed into a bridge- so not over the ocean. Two crashed into the Everglades- one in the middle of the night, and one in mid-day- so not during sunset.

Wow, thank you everyone that commented! I truly appreciate all the information you guys shared with me. I will definitely look into this.

I don't know if this "spirit" is real, and my sister is kind of dabbling in some dark stuff, and she thinks a simple psalms prayer will keep these spirits away that she communicates with. I personally don't believe in communicating with spirits untrained. She knows nothing about precautions to take, and she thinks a prayer is good enough. I think one of these "entities" has attached itself to her. One of them was calling her a c*nt, and calling her a b*tch, throwing insults at her, and she's not even scared of it.

I think she's not communicating with "spirits" that once lived on earth, but demons, or something. I told her she needs to be careful, but she says she's addicted to communicating with spirits, and she's tried to stop, but can't.

So, I don't know what else to tell her, she won't listen to me. I don't even seek, nor engage "spirits", because I know it's a dangerous path to go down if you don't know what you're doing. I'm just curious to know if this girl really existed. I have a feeling she did not, but I don't know for certain. I think my sister is communicating with a demon, and not a human spirit that has passed on. 

Again thank you everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

I would ask your sister to stop communication, I don't see what good can come from this. I would suggest give the spirit something worthy to pursue and get information like what is it on planet Mars Pluto or ask it to solve some tough equations.