Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do You Think Astrology Works?

JKS Astrology

On 06/03/2017 at 2:54 AM, Sundew said:

No. And I have a good question for those who believe it does. Why should only those stars/constellations in the Zodiac have any effect, but not any of the other stars in the night sky? I mean some are closer to Earth than those within the Zodiac, some are larger stars, some are brighter. And there are some 6000 visible stars in the night sky, and literally billions in the Milky Way galaxy. Yet only the handful in the Zodiac are supposed to influence the fate of mortals? Astrology is an ancient pagan religion of Babylon if memory serves. 

Yes but the umm... Astrology is err... The alignment from ahh... IT'S MAGIC OK!

An interesting thread .... even if it is a resurrected thread and the OP appears to have left.?

Astrology .. is there anything to it?

Logic and commonsense says, no, even if we might be able with the aid of computers to calculate more precise charts which now include asteroids and Chiron which make it seem more scientific. 

On the other hand after studying it for 30 years, and having had a consultancy business I still think there is something to it. 

No, I'm not touting for business as I don't do it anymore except as a hobby.

• Like 1

JKS I would love to have a reading done for me free of course. I have had mixed experiences with astrology, and I personally believe that I met fraud and deluded astrologers. As per astrology itself there is plenty of evidence against it. Firstly given the exact time of birth hence exactly the location of planets the astrologers will say that these are just predictions and guidelines will not be 100 percent accurate, secondly the prediction is very vague and not specific thirdly astrologers suggest remedies which most often do not make sense like wear diamond or sacrifice a lamb or use crystal and lastly no astrologer will accept that his or her readings were wrong when told so and keep on arguing about what someone did wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

JKS I would love to have a reading done for me free of course. I have had mixed experiences with astrology, and I personally believe that I met fraud and deluded astrologers. As per astrology itself there is plenty of evidence against it. Firstly given the exact time of birth hence exactly the location of planets the astrologers will say that these are just predictions and guidelines will not be 100 percent accurate, secondly the prediction is very vague and not specific thirdly astrologers suggest remedies which most often do not make sense like wear diamond or sacrifice a lamb or use crystal and lastly no astrologer will accept that his or her readings were wrong when told so and keep on arguing about what someone did wrong. 

JKS hasn't been here for ages.

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

Hello Kartikg,

Yes of course, you may have a reading.  Anyone can, as all my readings are totally free.

Please visit jksastrology.com (I cant put the link to my website, as this forum prevents me.  It is seen as a commercial link I think).  

I have studied astrology for many years. Although I am a believer in astrology, I would be the first to admit astrology is not perfect.

The fundamental basics of astrology is about observing patterns and cycles. Then correlating this with human behaviour. Just like patterns and cycles in the weather, it can be extremely hard to interpret the data collected.

It is the skill of an astrologer to interpret the data in the best way possible.  You will therefore have different experiences with astrologers.

No astrologer can claim to be the best, as there is nothing to scientifically judge them on.

However, that does not stop us astrologers trying our best to impress people with our interpretations : ) 

At the end of the day its a form of entertainment, and a bit of fun.  No one should run their life by astrology.

I also create free Riddles and brainteasers on my website.  If anyone gets bored, see if you are clever enough to solve them.  I usually upload 1 per week.  To view the riddles, click on the Free tab on my websites navigation bar.  

Edited by JKS Astrology
spelling error
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Sundew said:

No. And I have a good question for those who believe it does. Why should only those stars/constellations in the Zodiac have any effect, but not any of the other stars in the night sky? I mean some are closer to Earth than those within the Zodiac, some are larger stars, some are brighter. And there are some 6000 visible stars in the night sky, and literally billions in the Milky Way galaxy. Yet only the handful in the Zodiac are supposed to influence the fate of mortals? Astrology is an ancient pagan religion of Babylon if memory serves. 

Because we need something else to signify how stars or constellations have influence and that is considered to come via the planets Moon and Sun in positional relationship to each other and the band of the ecliptic through which they travel, they only travel along that band and not all over the sky through all the constellations.

In older astrology other significant  stars could be used and their relationship was considered from their longitudinal relationship to the ecliptic @ 90 degrees.

11 hours ago, kartikg said:

Todays  stars for you ;

Capricorn - Things start off good but then turn bad .  If you sacrifice a lamb before midday the rest of the day will go better .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JKS Astrology said:

Hello Kartikg,

Yes of course, you may have a reading.  Anyone can, as all my readings are totally free.

Please visit jksastrology.com (I cant put the link to my website, as this forum prevents me.  It is seen as a commercial link I think).  

I have studied astrology for many years. Although I am a believer in astrology, I would be the first to admit astrology is not perfect.

The fundamental basics of astrology is about observing patterns and cycles. Then correlating this with human behaviour. Just like patterns and cycles in the weather, it can be extremely hard to interpret the data collected.

It is the skill of an astrologer to interpret the data in the best way possible.  You will therefore have different experiences with astrologers.

No astrologer can claim to be the best, as there is nothing to scientifically judge them on.

However, that does not stop us astrologers trying our best to impress people with our interpretations : ) 

At the end of the day its a form of entertainment, and a bit of fun.  No one should run their life by astrology.

I also create free Riddles and brainteasers on my website.  If anyone gets bored, see if you are clever enough to solve them.  I usually upload 1 per week.  To view the riddles, click on the Free tab on my websites navigation bar.  

My end of the day is very different from yours  as  I have seen great value in it !    Not as a predictive method but more in the field of 'mythic / psychological astrology ' .

• Like 1

I am not going to say that it does not work for everyone, but I do not remember a single right horoscope, it does not matter who read itin the stars most horoscopes are not even remotely close to the truth. If it works for the rest of the universe than someone or some thing out there really hates me.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
spelling

@JKS Astrology I downloaded a report from your website I gave my birth details etc, the report as conflicting information, it says I am responsible person in one section and irresponsible in another. How is that possible? I want to know the reasoning behind this and I am not confronting you. 

35 minutes ago, kartikg said:

@JKS Astrology I downloaded a report from your website I gave my birth details etc, the report as conflicting information, it says I am responsible person in one section and irresponsible in another. How is that possible? I want to know the reasoning behind this and I am not confronting you. 

Hello Kartikg,

This is a very reasonable question you ask.  I will try my best to explain why this can happen.  

The downloadable reports are computer generated.  This means people can download a Natal Chart (personality type) reading instantly.  The computer generated readings I offer is my creation.  It took nearly 2 years to create (and a lot of money), due to the amount of programming involved.  I do not have an astrology empire, I am just a guy that does it as a hobby.    

Basically the downloadable readings work like this.  There is a database of pre-defined interpretations for the positions of the sun, moon and planets at the time of your birth.  All these individual interpretations are written by me, based on my research and astrology knowledge.    

Years ago I used to interpret peoples charts myself, which took me about 5 hours per chart! This is a very long time, which means I wanted to charge money to make it worth while (I don't do astrology as a full time job).  I would still interpret every position of the sun, moon and planets in the same way, but would also use my intuition to get a feel of the type of person they really are.  I would then make adjustments to the readings, eliminating certain conflicts.

Its a bit like acquiring data for weather forecasts.  Data collected may show signs of both very hot and very cold whether is about to arrive tomorrow.  Of course it can only be one.  Weather forecasts rely on very sophisticated computer software to decide upon the most likely event, there is probably human interaction too.  Unfortunately I do not have the money to create such a software for astrology.  But could be very possible!    

Astrology readings will never be perfect because its a prediction (just like the weather).  But i do believe astrology prediction success is higher than random chance.  Your personal natal chart reading will mean more to you then somebody else, because it reflects your personality better!

No two natal readings are exactly the same (unless your twins), and sometimes readings for twins can differ depending upon the exact times between them.

You will not find another astrology website that offers so many astrology services for free.  They certainly would not offer a free downloadable natal chart reading that can be up to 22 pages long.

The purpose of my website is to allow anyone in the world to learn about astrology and try it out for free.  This can only be achieved via downloadable readings. 

I am also very honest about astrology, telling people what it can and cant do.  I am also willing to tell people my personal view on how it probably works.

I hope this helps answer your question.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kartikg said:

No biggie ... even disregarding astrology  I am  responsible in one section of my life  ( eg . when using others things )   and not another  ( eg. managing my own money ) . .    

On 9/28/2017 at 7:38 PM, back to earth said:

Todays  stars for you ;

Capricorn - Things start off good but then turn bad .  If you sacrifice a lamb before midday the rest of the day will go better .

I always feel better after a good kill.

• 1 month later...

My relations with other signs of the astrological zodiac: Aquarius (varies, depends on moon sign and ascendant). The signs I relate the best with 1. Cancer (my wife), 2. Pisces (good friends), 3. (tie) Gemini and Libra (air signs), and 4. Virgo (my step-son). Some struggle with Taurus (my mother and brother) and Sagittarius (my father and half-sister - his daughter) - they are OK with Aquarians. The opposite Leo (my bio-son) and another Saturn-ruled (Aquarius, also by the weird planet Uranus) sign Capricorn (my daughter) - again my family I love, not my enemies, although with other people, I won't relate too well. And the two signs I can't take: Aries and even worse, Scorpio (Mars and Pluto ruled signs). I don't know about this Ophiuchus or 13th sign, they're just Scorpios who aren't mean.

Edited by Solipsi Rai
  • Like 1

Astrology is meaningless, though I admit that I do find fortune cookies vaguely amusing.

On 9/22/2016 at 3:20 AM, Claire. said:

Astrology is hooey in my opinion, ancient nonsense with no scientific basis to it whatsoever. It's long been establish that the planets are too far away to have any effect on us, yet give a person a horoscope and they will read whatever they want into it.

Check out Malinkovitch cycles.  His theory is that long term climate cycles on Earth are affected by orbital properties like eccentricity, axial tilt, orbital inclination and a couple of other  properties.  Since climatologists have been able to collect some multi-thousand year climate records from ice cores there seems to be some strong correlation between Malinkovitch cycles and inter-glacial warming periods, although not all climate observations are explained.   The Jovian planets have a gravitational effect on earth's orbital perturbations.  That is not exactly astrology, more like planetology, and not individual but global in influence, still interesting.

Claire, you are more up on the science scene,  has Malinkovitch fallen out of favor with further observations?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Check out Malinkovitch cycles.  His theory is that long term climate cycles on Earth are affected by orbital properties like eccentricity, axial tilt, orbital inclination and a couple of other  properties.  Since climatologists have been able to collect some multi-thousand year climate records from ice cores there seems to be some strong correlation between Malinkovitch cycles and inter-glacial warming periods, although not all climate observations are explained.   The Jovian planets have a gravitational effect on earth's orbital perturbations.  That is not exactly astrology, more like planetology, and not individual but global in influence, still interesting.

Claire, you are more up on the science scene,  has Malinkovitch fallen out of favor with further observations?

I think they are still valid, but as you point out yourself, this is nothing to do with astrology.

13 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

I think they are still valid, but as you point out yourself, this is nothing to do with astrology.

Thank you  Emma.  Mostly I just wanted to remind Claire that the planets may not be too far away to affect us.   It is just a different way than we expected.  The moon has a profound effect on the lives of most earth's denizens. As far as astrology goes, well, does season of birth imprint anything on personality that could be statistically measured in a large population?    Since astrology evolved in the temperate belt of the Northern hemisphere, there might be a relationship there that doesn't hold in the tropics. If so, is there a statistical difference between those  born in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres temperate zones on the same day?

To the OP, I can't see a lot to astrology that could differentiate individuals or be predictive.  It seems kind of a conceit from the time we believed ourselves the center of the universe, and we were striving for reasons to events in life more satisfying than chance. There are too many other factors in an individual's life that account for the wide variations.  The Chinese do something else on a 12 year cycle do they not, and of course use other means of divination and prediction.

Now could the stars affect us?  What does it take for 1 orbit of the sun around the galaxy?  About 250 million years I think.  That's a little too long to have much to do with humanity.  Just recently though, we seem to have had an extra-solar visitor on its way through our star system.  A comet from the Oort cloud of another star perhaps?  A very cool event, but not much of a lasting impact shall we say.