Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why is there life

danielost

I was reading in my topic about the beginning of god when a post said we know why we are here.  but from a scientific point of view why is there life.  I think the universe would bounce along with out life what do you think

I think we are here to learn.

• Like 1

There is no life. we are all computer generated, just like the matrix, but without Morpheus, Neo, and Zion

Well for me, the reason I have not suicided long ago, is due to connections.  For me, early on, I realized that of all the philosophy I have studied and the many arduous and painstaking reflections of philosophical concepts all boiled down to one basic philosophical question that is real... all the others to me are frosting and word salad.   Should I suicide or not?  Why foster this manifestation?  It was a marvel to me when I heard Alan Watts agreeing with me, from a few decades earlier and how I wish I had come across him a few decades earlier... but then, perhaps the words would have bounced off and not taken root. 

anywho...

The point of my existence is connection.

Where I have made authentic, meaningful connections in life, my life has blossomed and I have thrived... My sense of self extends far beyond my mind and my body and my joy and love of life increase exponentially within the framework of the web of authentic connections.

Where I have withdrawn, isolated and rejected, I have experienced the shriveling and rigidity of the way of death... and nearly checked out completely.  Don't jump to the assumption here that I find anything wrong at all, in any way, with suicide.  I don't.  Body death is absolutely nothing to fear in my experience.

While it is the natural function of the bellows of life to expand and contract.  I find that our modern Western cultures heavily promote, isolationist protectionism, which is at the root of the thalmus and heart disease epidemics so often experienced.  When harmed, it is natural to withdraw and heal in the cocoon of isolation, but when one fails, or is coerced to refuse to open back up and expand into the web again, then the shift from healing to dis-ease is initiated and once begun, the inertia can dominate one's mind for decades.

I watched this process in my Mother.  It ate her mind completely until all that was left was a body, with no connection to anyone save my sister and even this, was met with mistrust and almost constant fear.

Open up.  Release.  Let go and simply be.

When I am open and abiding in authentic presence, there is a natural magnetic pull to animals and people particularly, but even more subtly, to the essence of places and things.  This pull operates much like falling in love, it is an atmosphere of acceptance that puts folks at ease and when they are comfortable, they open up... when we open up, we connect.

Intimacy.... non sexual intimacy is at the core of it to me.  Where I have opened up and allowed intimacy, I have fostered meaningful, deep connection and these moments are the ones that stick out in memory and are one of the sources of healing when life is hardest.  We don't remember days, we remember moments.  We remember moments of deep authentic presence and connection.

The purpose of my life is to foster in my presence the abiding support for these connections, be it in a momentary conversation in an elevator with someone whose name I will never know, in my long term relationships with people and animals and with the vibrant living environment of the co-creational conditions of the planet my body and mind call home.

Open up.  Let go.  **** fear

edit to add:  the most valuable thing I can ever offer another, is my complete presence and full attention.  My son taught me this.  So grateful for that connection.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

There is no life. we are all computer generated, just like the matrix, but without Morpheus, Neo, and Zion

that still leaves the question why is there life.  even if we are a computer program, someone wrote the program.  that someone is living.  so the question remains the same, why is there life?

10 minutes ago, danielost said:

that still leaves the question why is there life.  even if we are a computer program, someone wrote the program.  that someone is living.  so the question remains the same, why is there life?

'Why' questions I usually find a little tricky.  In the way you are asking, is the question any different than asking 'why are there rocks?'?  We obviously know more about why there are rocks as far as proximate causes pertaining to why they form, and on the other hand we don't know the origin of life.  If we find out that, 'when the right conditions come together, self-replicating molecules can self-organize into a micro-organism', does that answer the question?  

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

'Why' questions I usually find a little tricky.  In the way you are asking, is the question any different than asking 'why are there rocks?'?  We obviously know more about why there are rocks as far as proximate causes pertaining to why they form, and on the other hand we don't know the origin of life.  If we find out that, 'when the right conditions come together, self-replicating molecules can self-organize into a micro-organism', does that answer the question?  

no, that's an how.  wrong how.  but an how.

• Like 1

There is life for the same reason there is granite.    Chemistry.    No specific reason.   It just happens.    And in an infinite universe, the right chemistry to create life as we know it.   And granite.  Is inevitable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danielost said:

no, that's an how.  wrong how.  but an how.

Okay, leaving aside that you have no idea if it's the 'wrong how', can you currently answer the question, using your meaning of 'why', why there are rocks?  Actually, can you answer 'why' concerning anything that exists?  If not, why select only 'life' as a question?  Is your actual question, why is there something instead of nothing?

49 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Okay, leaving aside that you have no idea if it's the 'wrong how', can you currently answer the question, using your meaning of 'why', why there are rocks?  Actually, can you answer 'why' concerning anything that exists?  If not, why select only 'life' as a question?  Is your actual question, why is there something instead of nothing?

there are rocks due to weathering.  the universe needs stars and planets to make the universe.

I suppose we can suggest the reason there is life is because the universe is so large, with so many galaxies, solar systems, stars and planets, with so many different conditions, that life is inevitable.

19 minutes ago, danielost said:

there are rocks due to weathering.  the universe needs stars and planets to make the universe.

What?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, danielost said:

there are rocks due to weathering.  

That's a "how" answer, not a "why". And a pretty poor one at that.

the universe needs stars and planets to make the universe.

How do you know what the universe needs? If a universe was devoid of all matter it would be no less a universe.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, danielost said:

there are rocks due to weathering.  

That's a 'how'.  "There are rocks due to weathering" is analogous to 'there is life due to specific naturally occurring combinations of chemicals and energy', and you've already stated the latter is a 'how'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That's a 'how'.  "There are rocks due to weathering" is analogous to 'there is life due to specific naturally occurring combinations of chemicals and energy', and you've already stated the latter is a 'how'.

actualling weathering is an how and a why.  with out weathering or impacts there would be no rocks.

8 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

That's a "how" answer, not a "why". And a pretty poor one at that.

How do you know what the universe needs? If a universe was devoid of all matter it would be no less a universe.

no with no matter there would be no universe.

There is life because there can be life. Life is just a cosmic accident, there is no reason to it any more than there is a reason that an asteroid collides with a planet. The natural environment made it possible, and it happened.

5 hours ago, MissJatti said:

No ... we do have them too - they are in my basement , its a type of Null-Matrix zone , a type of 'space ship

-  made from old NSW government  bus parts and defunct  disassembled submarines welded together   (that part is true ! I know cause I seen it !   We used to hide out in it at work,  after shoots to smoke scoobs in private   ^_^ )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

This is why I would not waste my brain power  on a lost daniel question ... I know how this is going to run . 

he doesnt work that way LG     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danielost said:

actualling weathering is an how and a why.  with out weathering or impacts there would be no rocks.

Oh ... thats how the rocks got here .... by    '  actualling weathering  '    

I better revise my archeo-geology :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, danielost said:

Some sedimentary rocks are formed by the weathering of other rocks.

But without igneous rocks, there would be no rocks to weather.  So why are there igneous rocks?  ;) 

10 hours ago, Essan said:

Some sedimentary rocks are formed by the weathering of other rocks.

But without igneous rocks, there would be no rocks to weather.  So why are there igneous rocks?  ;) 

BECAUSE OF VOLCANEOS.  YES, ANOTHER HOW AND WHY.

And AI created us, and AI is not created by annone

• Like 1