Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran threatens to turn Tel Aviv to dust

and-then

https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/09/21/new-iranian-threat-to-israel-we-will-turn-tel-aviv-and-haifa-into-dust/

The banner containing the threat was draped over a ballistic missile.  One wonders what kind of ballistic missile could turn whole cities to dust?

Israel has threatened Iran for years.....

Telling someone you will retaliate if they attack you ("make a mistake") is not actually threatening them. The story is so biased it's quite ridiculous.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, seeder said:

To "turn them to dust"?  You guys crack me up.  Make any excuse to cover for anyone, basically, that has a problem with Israel.  This is why I know unequivocally that when Iran strikes, most here will be making excuses for them even then.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, seeder said:

More accurately, Israel has threatened to defend its existence for years.

Why are so many people that seem to be so intelligent hate Israel so much that they'll side with the Iranians.  The IRANIANS.  Geez.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Telling someone you will retaliate if they attack you ("make a mistake") is not actually threatening them. The story is so biased it's quite ridiculous.

So once again, their actual words mean nothing?  If someone threatened to turn YOU to dust, what would that mean to you?  

I'd be careful referring to things as ridiculous with a haircut like that.

Sorry, couldn't resist :w00t:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, and then said:

So once again, their actual words mean nothing?  If someone threatened to turn YOU to dust, what would that mean to you?  

I'd be careful referring to things as ridiculous with a haircut like that.

Sorry, couldn't resist :w00t:

Did I say their words mean nothing?

I said that speaking of retaliation for an act of aggression is not itself a threat. If you threatened me you were going to punch me and I said "If you do I will punch back harder" then I am not threatening you, because what I say is a deterrent not a threat.

• Like 4

would someone be kind enough to give me a list of Irans faults? Or better than faults, which are subjective......a list of reasons why wiping out Iranians and bringing mass death and homelessness to yet another middle eastern country... is a good and necessary thing please? So, Im looking for justifications...

• Like 2

Iran is one of the largest sponsors of terrorism having provided arms, funding, and even training to terrorist throughout the Middle East, Africa, and India.

They have been working with North Korea on the development of nuclear weapons/technology and ballistic missiles for both countries.

Those are the two big reasons I can think off the top of my head, given more time I could probably find more.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Iran is one of the largest sponsors of terrorism having provided arms, funding, and even training to terrorist throughout the Middle East, Africa, and India.

Aha, quite like the US then.....except Iran hasnt toppled any middle eastern leaders nor invaded their countries.

• Like 3

They kind of toppled their own leader - our good buddy the Shaw. tbh, I admire Iran's revolution. Unfortunately the fairy tale fanatics grabbed power. Something they always manage to do when a govt fails. 

5 hours ago, seeder said:

Aha, quite like the US then.....except Iran hasnt toppled any middle eastern leaders nor invaded their countries.

Except they did help the Shia insurgency in Yemen topple the government and there is there extensive backing of Hezbollah which played a large part in the Lebanese civil war and now controls Lebanon.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, seeder said:

would someone be kind enough to give me a list of Irans faults? Or better than faults, which are subjective......a list of reasons why wiping out Iranians and bringing mass death and homelessness to yet another middle eastern country... is a good and necessary thing please? So, Im looking for justifications...

To my knowledge no one has even implied such a course, let alone stated it as an intention.  This cannot be said about Iran versus Israel and to a lesser extent the US.  I think that turning a couple of major cities to DUST qualifies as destroying the country when it's that small.  Still, the same cast of characters blows off the threats as hyperbole or finds some other means to ignore the plain import of the words.  When this all blows up - and it surely will - they will continue to blame Israel and give Iran the free pass.  It's just a level of bias and hypocrisy that is stunning.  Millions could die but no one seems to be concerned with the real aggressors here.  Oh well....

16 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Did I say their words mean nothing?

I said that speaking of retaliation for an act of aggression is not itself a threat. If you threatened me you were going to punch me and I said "If you do I will punch back harder" then I am not threatening you, because what I say is a deterrent not a threat.

The old belief of US and nukes. Promises of mass mutual destruction leads to peace?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, and then said:

To my knowledge no one has even implied such a course, let alone stated it as an intention.  This cannot be said about Iran versus Israel and to a lesser extent the US.  I think that turning a couple of major cities to DUST qualifies as destroying the country when it's that small.  Still, the same cast of characters blows off the threats as hyperbole or finds some other means to ignore the plain import of the words.  When this all blows up - and it surely will - they will continue to blame Israel and give Iran the free pass.  It's just a level of bias and hypocrisy that is stunning.  Millions could die but no one seems to be concerned with the real aggressors here.  Oh well....

Are you implying we should proactively 'do something' regarding this,  or just be concerned and indignated?

23 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

They have been working with North Korea on the development of nuclear weapons/technology and ballistic missiles for both countries.

Those are the two big reasons I can think off the top of my head, given more time I could probably find more.

Added:

They seized hostages in 1979.

They attacked shipping in international waters.

They sent airliners into combat zones intentionally getting them destroyed.

They have threatened the US and specifically Israel with eradication.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Besides Hezbollah, that is officially sponsored by Iran, could you provide proof to back your statement?

2 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Added:

They seized hostages in 1979.

They attacked shipping in international waters.

They sent airliners into combat zones intentionally getting them destroyed.

They have threatened the US and specifically Israel with eradication.

Ha! You gave an answer to a question a few seconds before that was asked! 

Anyway,  you can't really count the 1979 hostage situation,  since it played during a real revolution and a coupe against a US puppet. 

Apparently the ships they attacked weren't in international waters,  but in theirs (of course according to them). 

It's an unclear field. 

I don't recall the airliners incidents,  what happened precisely? 

That's true,  they threatened to eradicate US and Israel. 

They (especially Ahmadinejad) also denied the Holocaust and I despise them (especially Ahmadinejad) for that. 

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

Are you implying we should proactively 'do something' regarding this,  or just be concerned and indignated?

I absolutely think the world should be proactive.  If it were any nation except Israel the world would be proactive.  I am not advocating bombing the people of Iran or even their military sites at this point.  For a number of years Iran was basically held in slow motion with their nuclear program and with their penchant for making/supporting terror around the globe.  Since the nuclear agreement all those restrictions have been removed and they were given access to over 100 billion dollars to reinvigorate both those programs.  Reimposing crushing sanctions at this point is impossible, as Obama and the Europeans knew it would be.  So money is made by a few corporations and eventually a devastating war will ensue when Iran decides it is up to the task of implementing these dreams they speak of so often.  Meanwhile the world glides along as if it's the most natural thing taht can be.  "OF COURSE Iran wants to destroy the Jews... IS THAT WRONG?"   Apparently most of the planet doesn't think so.  Idiots.....

3 hours ago, Parsec said:

Ha! You gave an answer to a question a few seconds before that was asked! 

I'm special, sometimes it manifests as precognition, other times it manifests as a grumpy old man.  Most times I'm just a normal guy that enjoys reading posts.

Anyway,  you can't really count the 1979 hostage situation,  since it played during a real revolution and a coupe against a US puppet. 

Yes I can.  It was a hostile move against the US.  We still need to deal some mighty comeuppance to them for that one.  "Puppet" or not, it was a legit government and Iran was doing very well under it.

Apparently the ships they attacked weren't in international waters,  but in theirs (of course according to them). 

According to them.  According to EVERYONE ELSE, aside from their apologists, they were in international waters.  They also have mined international waters, and attacked US military ships, provoking a response (Operation Praying Mantis).

I don't recall the airliners incidents,  what happened precisely? 

Iranian Air Flight 655.

That's true,  they threatened to eradicate US and Israel. 

All of the time.  Without provocation.  Just because one is the Great Satan and the other is a nation of Jews.

They (especially Ahmadinejad) also denied the Holocaust and I despise them (especially Ahmadinejad) for that. 

I despise them for that, too, but denying the Holocaust is one of their lesser evils.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 3

I am impressed that a military force equal to a youth flag football team (IRAN) taking on the Denver Broncos (Israel + US) would garner so much respect. The Israeli military with the aid of the U.S. could easily wipe out the entire ME in days if allowed.  Since they know this will not happen, or be sanctioned by the UN, they will continue to say and do stupid stuff.  If they do strike first for apparent suicidal reasons, please pray for those in IRAN that did not agree with their idiot leaders and will become what we call casualty's of war. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, and then said:

I absolutely think the world should be proactive.  If it were any nation except Israel the world would be proactive.  I am not advocating bombing the people of Iran or even their military sites at this point.  For a number of years Iran was basically held in slow motion with their nuclear program and with their penchant for making/supporting terror around the globe.  Since the nuclear agreement all those restrictions have been removed and they were given access to over 100 billion dollars to reinvigorate both those programs.  Reimposing crushing sanctions at this point is impossible, as Obama and the Europeans knew it would be.  So money is made by a few corporations and eventually a devastating war will ensue when Iran decides it is up to the task of implementing these dreams they speak of so often.  Meanwhile the world glides along as if it's the most natural thing taht can be.  "OF COURSE Iran wants to destroy the Jews... IS THAT WRONG?"   Apparently most of the planet doesn't think so.  Idiots.....

Now here's a real brain twister for you.  Could it possibly be that the rest of the planet isn't falling for (anymore) or willing to acknowledge the false propaganda of the Zionist media war machine trying to force the world to accept their wars of necessity, without proof or reason, which ends up killing and displacing hundred's of thousands of innocent people and all of this just to please the interests of a few?  Maybe the real idiots are the few people in the world like you, following an archaic doctrine which is so far out of touch with today's reality scientists may have to create a new dimension for it and stick you and people like Thor the Gullible in there so you can finally convince yourselves what wonderful specimens of human beings you guys are.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Glockornothing said:

I am impressed that a military force equal to a youth flag football team (IRAN) taking on the Denver Broncos (Israel + US) would garner so much respect. The Israeli military with the aid of the U.S. could easily wipe out the entire ME in days if allowed.  Since they know this will not happen, or be sanctioned by the UN, they will continue to say and do stupid stuff.  If they do strike first for apparent suicidal reasons, please pray for those in IRAN that did not agree with their idiot leaders and will become what we call casualty's of war. 

Sure and Russia could easily turn Tel Aviv to dust in a blink and I bet you the Americans wouldn't even risk a global war over it.  Maybe "And Then" would go on a hunger strike and Thor the Uninformed would blame the Democrats for being cowards, but apart from that......

Edited by Black Red Devil

20 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Yes I can.  It was a hostile move against the US.  We still need to deal some mighty comeuppance to them for that one.  "Puppet" or not, it was a legit government and Iran was doing very well under it.

How about the activities of the CIA in 1953 interfering with a foreign Govts internal policies?  Would you call that an act of war?

• Like 3