Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

where are we going

danielost

Since this question is open ended, I'm going to work tomorrow and then I'm going to town and buy stuff I need.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

I'm going to go home and make dinner. Then I'll do laundry, probably play with my cat for a bit, and then transcribe a document written in the year 1139.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, danielost said:

post three third basic question.

What does this even mean ? 

Did you ever learn to wrote properly ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goodf3llow said:

d7c5258e289a2e3b50ddf69f41363cab0615cb58ea77980bc801d938f27058ac.jpg

he would have written that as      'flail'     :)   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, danielost said:

sorry the question is where are we going after death.

And what did you mean by three third basic question please?

Edited by rashore

17 minutes ago, rashore said:

And what did you mean by three third basic question please?

there are three basic questions where did we come from, why are we here, and where are we going.  I decided to give all three questions their own thread.  maybe I should have all three in the same thread.  both religion and science try to answer these three questions.

You dont want them answered though do you ?    You  want to do  ..... what you do .

Its been going on for some time and becoming rather obvious now. 

2 hours ago, danielost said:

sorry the question is where are we going after death.

Huh? how is this anything like the question you put?

2 hours ago, danielost said:

there are three basic questions where did we come from, why are we here, and where are we going.  I decided to give all three questions their own thread.  maybe I should have all three in the same thread.  both religion and science try to answer these three questions.

Science can give you information on what years of scientific research has found so far, this includes the evolution of man, As for why are we here and where we are going, no body knows. 

The scientific side can be backed up by what has currently been found so far, but note: earliest known hominids.

The religious side is based on imaginary beliefs and each will have their own ideas, but as to where did we come from from a religious point of view, if we take the Adam and Eve  story, there is absolutely nothing to back that up and the scientific findings has proven the Adam and eve story to be completely not true.......because of evolution it has been proven it is also not even a possibility.

Why are we here? no body knows, but many will have a different idea on this, some will say - we just are, I say we are because the conditions became right for another life form to live on this Earth  - humans. If there is a reason other than being the life forms on a planet which can sustain life,  then this reason must include every other living species on this planet as to why they are here too. From a religious point of view, well, are we saying heaven or hell as one idea?

Where are we going? we can not predict the future, we can speculate on certain things based on mans behavior eg: maybe we will blow ourselves off this world with the weapons man has mad  and increasingly keen to use against his fellow man, one thing we do know, is the weapons man  are making and has made, can stop us going anywhere. We also have nature to deal with and the possibility we could all get wiped out the same way the dinosaurs did.  

Here is the FACTs we know so far as to where we came from, from the scientific findings. obviously Adam and Eve are not included here, for obvious reasons.

The earliest known hominids appeared around 7 million years ago in Africa. Researchers generally agree that hominids evolved into Homofrom a small-brained genus calledAustralopithecus (Aw STRAAL oh PITH eh kus). No one knows precisely when that happened. But it was between 2 million and 3 million years ago.

https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/where-do-humans-come

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Here is the FACTs we know so far as to where we came from, from the scientific findings. obviously Adam and Eve are not included here, for obvious reasons.

The earliest known hominids appeared around 7 million years ago in Africa. Researchers generally agree that hominids evolved into Homofrom a small-brained genus calledAustralopithecus (Aw STRAAL oh PITH eh kus). No one knows precisely when that happened. But it was between 2 million and 3 million years ago.

https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/where-do-humans-come

A good beginning to your answer.  We share most of our genetic material with every other life form on earth.  More with foxes and chimpanzees than with yeast and redwoods, but still, we come from a common place.  We are not a single organism; but a cooperative colony of billions of organisms living in this human body. Our guts are full of useful bacteria that share a goodly number of life characteristics with us.  Our very cells seem to be a combination of several primordial symbiotic organisms.    I kind of hope they find us useful too. The water we drink and the air we breathe have been recycled through countless organisms.  Maybe that lung full of air you just expelled was produced by Carboniferous Epoch ferns and cycled through the lungs of a tyrannosaur. The iron in our blood was made in the core of a star.  The calcium in our bones and the carbon in our cells come from supernovae that dispersed themselves before our sun even formed.  We come from this earth, we are a part of it.  We may have more self awareness than some of our companions, but it could  be more of a continuum than a sharp division

If you are of European descent, then some of your ancestors sat around a campfire with Neanderthals exchanging ghost stories and survival tips; and later in the evening a little bit of genetic material.  If you are of Asian descent then more than likely it was Denisovans that shared the fire.

Those are all facts. It is an amazing story that we are a part of.  We blundered onstage somewhere in the middle and may only be the principal character from our own point of view.  I don't think we know where it will go and how it will end.

Personally though, I will end.  Maybe the calcium in my bones will be utilized by some other being in some distant future.  Will that being know we existed, probably not.  Does it really matter?  We are here now; that is the fact we know.  Will the software survive when the computer is turned off?  Doubtful.  I am only uniquely valuable to myself.  To the rest of the universe, I will be, am, was part of a chain of fascinating events.  Best wishes to all fellow travelers.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

A good beginning to your answer.  We share most of our genetic material with every other life form on earth.  More with foxes and chimpanzees than with yeast and redwoods, but still, we come from a common place.  We are not a single organism; but a cooperative colony of billions of organisms living in this human body. Our guts are full of useful bacteria that share a goodly number of life characteristics with us.  Our very cells seem to be a combination of several primordial symbiotic organisms.    I kind of hope they find us useful too. The water we drink and the air we breathe have been recycled through countless organisms.  Maybe that lung full of air you just expelled was produced by Carboniferous Epoch ferns and cycled through the lungs of a tyrannosaur. The iron in our blood was made in the core of a star.  The calcium in our bones and the carbon in our cells come from supernovae that dispersed themselves before our sun even formed.  We come from this earth, we are a part of it.  We may have more self awareness than some of our companions, but it could  be more of a continuum than a sharp division

If you are of European descent, then some of your ancestors sat around a campfire with Neanderthals exchanging ghost stories and survival tips; and later in the evening a little bit of genetic material.  If you are of Asian descent then more than likely it was Denisovans that shared the fire.

Those are all facts. It is an amazing story that we are a part of.  We blundered onstage somewhere in the middle and may only be the principal character from our own point of view.  I don't think we know where it will go and how it will end.

Personally though, I will end.  Maybe the calcium in my bones will be utilized by some other being in some distant future.  Will that being know we existed, probably not.  Does it really matter?  We are here now; that is the fact we know.  Will the software survive when the computer is turned off?  Doubtful.  I am only uniquely valuable to myself.  To the rest of the universe, I will be, am, was part of a chain of fascinating events.  Best wishes to all fellow travelers.

Great post, what a delight to read. I miss you around here Tap.,and you too Back to Earth. 

On 9/22/2016 at 9:22 PM, back to earth said:

I thought I was around here a bit ?  

' Where you bin ? ' 

Caregiving for a friend who has dementia. I miss you, I guess it's me who hadn't been around. :wub:

if you look at this timeline you will see none of the hominids timeline becomes modern human.  only Neanderthals is along side it.  modern humans came out of no where.

timeline_chart.jpg

We were created by our creator , when we die we go to purgatory or Heaven by the teachings of the Catholic faith . The way things are looking either the Aliens or Zombie's .are going to take us .:wacko: . Mormons ? From history the Mormons attack innocent settlers around the mid 1800's then put the blame on the indians.

Brigham Young ordered the Massacre of Mountain meadows then lied about it . Mormons today still try to cover it up so I can understand  why you don't

practice the Mormon faith besides who could keep up with all those wives ?  

I'm not even sure what you are asking .

Edited by Darkenpath25

When you die that's it and nothing more. All that you were shall become dust traveling through the cosmos after the earth dies. Everything that we've achieved will have been for nothing. 

hey daniel !  read the text within the diagram you posted .   

Also, do you realize what you posted has a vertical time scale and not a horizontal one ?  See that left hand column blue line with the 'million years ago' key ? 

You shouldnt really try to put up evidence that is beyond your comprehension ... ad then comment on it as if it proves what you are saying  as you actually posted  the evidence  to  what you yourself  are refuting  

:D  

and that just makes you look even more like you havent got a clue what the hell you are trying to talk about . 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkenpath25 said:

We were created by our creator , when we die we go to purgatory or Heaven by the teachings of the Catholic faith . The way things are looking either the Aliens or Zombie's .are going to take us .:wacko: . Mormons ? From history the Mormons attack innocent settlers around the mid 1800's then put the blame on the indians.

Brigham Young ordered the Massacre of Mountain meadows then lied about it . Mormons today still try to cover it up so I can understand  why you don't

practice the Mormon faith besides who could keep up with all those wives ?  

I'm not even sure what you are asking .

the catholic church is not Christian.  the mountain meadow massacre is not hidden. and indains were involved on behalf of the local Mormons.