Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facebook CEO aims to rid world of all disease

UM-Bot

pls mark give me 1 million and you will be making my life. if you are willing to spend 3 billion for helping humanity then 1 million for just 1 person certainly isn't something that is out of your reach. (worth the try)

I believe there is already a cure for most of the populous killing diseases, it just doesn't financially benefit the world by using them. So pledge and give as much as you like, it wont happen.

$3 billion sounds like a lot of money. However, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute spends almost $1 billion every year, and has spent the equivalent amount each year for decades. I am sure Mr Zuckerberg is well-meaning, but $3 billion is a drop in the ocean towards eradicating all disease. 

• Like 2

HAHAHAHHA what a publicity stunt! the huge billion dollar pharmaceutical companies will stop this, like cure of cancer, there is one but makes millions treated people

Wiping the Facebook servers would go a long way to combatting depression, anxiety and a whole host of mental issues. Is that the kinda thing he meant?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Talion78 said:

I believe there is already a cure for most of the populous killing diseases, it just doesn't financially benefit the world by using them. So pledge and give as much as you like, it wont happen.

How would it not financially benefit the World? More people = more money.

Can I ask what leads you to believe such a thing? I mean further than the 'big pharma makes more money from treating cancer than curing it' type of reply that is normally spouted. What actual evidence responsible for the forming of your opinion?

Edited by ExpandMyMind

More people means, more people to look after........curing everyone would mean a population crisis, and more money spent on supporting people than earning.

I have no evidence.....it's my opinion. I don't trust governments or anyone with great power, does anything that doesn't benefit themselves in some way.

I also believe the human race is being held back due to financial greed..............again I have no evidence, but money makes the world go round, and i've worked long enough to know what small organisations will do to it's own staff to keep the money rolling in........now put that on a world wide scale.

• Like 1

Mark Zuckerberg and his wife have pledged $3 billion towards the ultimate goal of 'ending all illness'

Oh really? How much is his wife going to contribute?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

the huge billion dollar pharmaceutical companies will stop this, like cure of cancer, there is one but makes millions treated people

Nonsense. I`m in the opinion that you dont have a clue how much costs ppl with illnesses like cancer, cardiovascular disease or diabetes cause for the health care systems. It would be heaven for a pharma company to bring a cure to the markets that would be effective against, lets say, cancer in general. There is no reason for this company to keep the cure hidden, on the contrary as it would serve the global market and all the other companies would have zero sales with cancer medications anymore.

• Like 1

Even if he gives $30 Billion it won't help. Pharmaceutical business generates $100 Billion every year so don't expect cures for a loooong time. He is just wasting his money.

Great but it seems like we are going in the direction that eventually, only a handful of very very rich people will be leading the world. The amount of power they are likely going to get over our lives is insane. Who doesn't want to rid the world of all diseases? Can't really oppose that.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

They have many cures,if they cure these illness then hospitals and docs and hmos will go out of business

BOO! to most of you. People and governments have pledged (no, donated) billions of dollars to rid the world of the three most common infectious diseases... and you berate the effort?

Settle back into your cynical cesspool... :angry:

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Oh really? How much is his wife going to contribute?

An equal amount to his contribution? It's their money, not his. That's how marriage works.

21 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

HAHAHAHHA what a publicity stunt! the huge billion dollar pharmaceutical companies will stop this, like cure of cancer, there is one but makes millions treated people

If there was only a cure to stupidity.

It is impossible to end all disease unless we have micro machines running through our bodies destroying any tumors and malignant organisms or we transition to a cyborg or fully mechanical body.

Ah,he just wants to give $ and cure all diseases so the can say he saved the world. Plus,he'll have more people to join Faceplant Book so he can data mine all their personal information and sell it to others

• 1 month later...

Greetings to everyone, my name is robert, i am here today to testify to the world on how Dr osahon cured me from Herpes virus,i have been diagnosed having this herpes virus for about 2 years now, since i have been having this disease i have not felt like a human, i was told by my doctor there was no cure to cure my herpes virus, i have taken many drugs but all to no avail, one day i was just browsing through the internet and i saw many testimonies about Dr osahon on how he got people cured from their disease, so i contact him via mail (dr.osahonherbalhome@gmail.com) and told him about my disease, He assure me that he was going to cure my herpes disease, he prepare some herbal medicine which he sent to me and gave me instructions on how to apply the herbal medicine,which i used for some days after which i went back to my doctor and got tested and behold i was found negative, today i am totally free of herpes virus with Dr osahon herbal medicine. Brother and sisters around the world i want to let you know that this doctor can cure all kinds of disease including the very one you think cannot be cured.. CONTACT HIM TODAY VIA EMAIL dr.osahonherbalhome@gmail.com