Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Hillary Isn't '50 Points Ahead'

Claire.

This is why Hillary Clinton isn’t ’50 points ahead’ — or even 10 points ahead.

"Why aren’t I 50 points ahead?” Hillary Clinton asked rhetorically on Wednesday, echoing a question she surely gets all the time — and perhaps legitimately wonders herself.

It’s a question that seems to come up over and over again among left-leaning Americans: How, given all of the things — they would argue racist and sexist — that Donald Trump has said, is this race as close as it seems? How has an experienced politician like Clinton not buried her opponent by now?

Read more: Washington Post

• Like 4

Yeah, when I first saw that video I thought she looked very bad, with one eye out of sync with the other like the now famous youtube posting. Very weird indeed.

The Washington Post is certainly in the tank for Hillary. In that article they highlighted "Trump's lies" but didn't feature the lies that she has been gushing for years.

• Like 4

The "anti-establishment faction" in the US is strong, and still growing. Whether she likes it or not, Hillary Clinton represents "the Establishment" and Trump - despite that he has done nothing to suggest he is "anti-establishment" - doesn't speak like a politician, so he has come to be the representative of the "anti-establishment" crowd.

Clinton is not a natural orator, and doesn't appear capable of engaging people on the emotional level, whereas Trump is the opposite - his oratory is all about emotion and weak on the intellectual level. As history has shown time and time again, people tend to vote with their emotions rather than their intellect. Despite Trump's many weaknesses and verbal excesses this is why he is still in touch in the race for the Presidency.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 5

As terrible as I obviously think she is as a politician and despite all her flaws and scandals her biggest downfall is a complete lack of personality and social skills. If she were even the least bit likable the race wouldn't be so close. We may often hear that Hillary should be president because she's got the most experience or professionalism but you never hear anyone saying how they really like that Hillary Clinton. Reagan got that, Bill Clinton got that, I'm not sure about Bush Sr. but Bush Jr. was even perceived as likable by many though not to the extent of the others. Trump gets it a lot, Obama gets it a lot and others I'm sure. She not 50 points ahead because she is a gigantic bore who comes off as scripted and robotic.

• Like 5

THere has been many a times that one can really read the similarities of rhetoric that Donald uses when compared with little Adolf's little play book of drumming up the crowds ...

~

A Political Speech Analysis.

October 20, 2006 — Greg  

It is interesting in analysis to discover that appeals to pathos and ethos can override much of the need for logical argument in a persuasive situation.  Surely this and other speeches combined with the actions of the Reich prove that emotion and trust can motivate just as effectively (or more) than logic alone.  It should come as no surprise, then, when modern politicians attempt to use these appeals rather than explain clearly and logically what they have done or will do.  It should also come as no surprise that, after having witnessed what can happen when this technique is used, the American people in the majority are mistrusting of politicians.

• six mile village word press link

~

There are two fundamentally different kinds of speakers: those who use reasoning, and those who speak from the heart. They reach two different sorts of people, those who understand through reason, and those who understand through the heart. Speakers who aim for the reason are generally found in parliaments, those who speak from the heart speak to the people.

The speaker who uses reason, if he is to be effective, must command a wide range of statistical and factual material. He must be a master of dialectic as the pianist is master of the keyboard. With ice cold logic, he develops his line of thinking and draws irrefutable conclusions. He is most effective with people who work primarily or exclusively with reason. Big and compelling successes are denied him. He does not understand how to fire up the masses for a great cause. He is limited to educational discourse. Since he is cold, he leaves his listeners cold. At best he persuades people, but never mobilizes them and sets them marching regardless of their own ideas or the element of personal risk involved.

• research calvin edu link

~

• Like 2

I'm not American and I only know what I read and the odd conversations I have with Americans at work but I get the picture that America is suffering, like Britain, from economic malaise and a globalisation hangout over.

Its not so much about Hilary and her ability and future direction but rather an outsider shaking up the establishment. Trump is a clown, bigot and ******** but the people view him as their only salvation from more of the same. 

The people want to be liberated from the social and economic problems they face. Clinton wants more of the same and that's why IMO Trump is not 50 points behind. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Exactly correct Silver_Lyre

Tell you something if the Republicans could have fielded someone not as brash and in your face as Trump then Hilary would be 50 points behind. Anyway thanks for the like. Cheers

• Like 1

What gets me is Hillary keeps using the racist card against Trump on all matters when he is not. Where as  trump has a legitimate   case  for her dishonesty and political gain, when she really has done nothing but talk in all her years. At least trump says he`ll do something to make our country great again.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

Well, if I alone counted for one point, I'll tell her why. Because Trump may be all the things they call him, bigot, sexist, racist, (which I doubt)and a host of other things.  All the scandals she's been involved with, the lies she's been caught in, her trust and accountability are nothing.I see change coming from  Trump. I see a Soros puppet (as proved by wiki email instructing her what to do) with Hillary. I'll vote for Trump for the simple fact he upset the status quo, and that I like. That is why Hillary is not 50 points ahead. 50 points, lol, she's thinks she's Truman or something.

• Like 2

I think there is an obvious reason (in fact an "elephant in the room") Hillary is not way ahead, in spite of the fact that her opponent is an obvious demagogue, con artist and narcissist -- there remain a lot of sexists who don't like the idea of a female President.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

Tell you something if the Republicans could have fielded someone not as brash and in your face as Trump then Hilary would be 50 points behind. Anyway thanks for the like. Cheers

Probably so -- sexism again.

All the women that hate Hillary are misogynists. All of the people who hate Obama are racists. Why didn't I think of that before? :rolleyes:

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Michelle said:

All the women that hate Hillary are misogynists. All of the people who hate Obama are racists. Why didn't I think of that before? :rolleyes:

Why do women hate Hillary, Michelle?

That's not any sort of insinuation, just an honest question - because I don't see why, for all her flaws, the majority of women would not view Hillary Clinton somewhat favourably just for breaking through the so-called "glass ceiling" and having an even chance to become President.

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Why do women hate Hillary, Michelle?

That's not any sort of insinuation, just an honest question - because I don't see why, for all her flaws, the majority of women would not view Hillary Clinton somewhat favourably just for breaking through the so-called "glass ceiling" and having an even chance to become President.

Probably for the same sort of reasons most people "hate" Hilary.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

You are not honest and persuade no one falsely putting words into someone's mouth.  To an extent your attitude is typical and reflects the prejudices of which I speak.

7 hours ago, third_eye said:

THere has been many a times that one can really read the similarities of rhetoric that Donald uses when compared with little Adolf's little play book of drumming up the crowds ...

~

• six mile village word press link

~

• research calvin edu link

~

Oh comparing a presidential candidate to hitler.

Iv only seen that done every election to every candidate....

• Like 6

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Well, if I alone counted for one point, I'll tell her why. Because Trump may be all the things they call him, bigot, sexist, racist, (which I doubt)and a host of other things.  All the scandals she's been involved with, the lies she's been caught in, her trust and accountability are nothing.I see change coming from  Trump. I see a Soros puppet (as proved by wiki email instructing her what to do) with Hillary. I'll vote for Trump for the simple fact he upset the status quo, and that I like. That is why Hillary is not 50 points ahead. 50 points, lol, she's thinks she's Truman or something.

Of course we all know things could be better, but have some sense -- is Trump going to make them better or worse?  Putting Presidential power into his hand will be an unmitigated disaster.  Among other things it would probably destroy the Republican party -- something I very much fear.

13 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Of course we all know things could be better, but have some sense -- is Trump going to make them better or worse?  Putting Presidential power into his hand will be an unmitigated disaster.  Among other things it would probably destroy the Republican party -- something I very much fear.

What power? seriously, what can he do without congress? He'll be full of sound and fury legislating nothing.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Oh comparing a presidential candidate to hitler.

Iv only seen that done every election to every candidate....

To be more accurate ... I mentioned the manner and rendering of the Speeches ... it seems Donald is a fanboy of little Adolf's body of Rhetoric ...

~

Vanity Fair: Trump Kept a Volume of Hitler's Speeches By His Bedside

11:37 AM, Mar 01, 2016 | By Mark Hemingway

• weekly standard link

~

I think its sourced from this Vanity Fair article ...

7 Takeaways from Vanity Fair’s 1990 Profile of Donald Trump

V.F. writer-at-large Marie Brenner’s investigation of Trump reveals he hasn’t changed much in 25 years.

August 5, 2015 1:40 pm

~

Anyways what its saying is it confirms what many had initially suspected about Donald's Style of engaging the Rallies and Crowds ... not Donald with Nazism ... 

Heil Donald? Students instructed to compare Hitler to Trump

~

... and quite widespread too as I found to my own surprise when I trawled for the sources ... google links

~

I think it's because of genius tactics on the other side. There's this "accuse the other side first if you did it yourself" tactic that works wonders for the Donald. It puts Hillary on the defensive over things she isn't guilty of...and while she's busy trying to convince everyone...the stuff he actually did finally comes to light and no one notices. Also, there's the "die with the lie" tactic where you keep repeating a well known lie regardless of it having been debunked, over and over. Eventually, the truth doesn't matter...only the perception you can sow. The double down on ridiculous statements also works incredibly well. Never admit you're wrong, never actually answer any questions, obfuscate, and then hurl an accusation at Hillary to deflect. Brilliant. Then she's on the defensive and he looks "strong." There's also "attack the source." Label everything. The "failing" New York Times. "Crooked Hillary." And of course, if anyone says anything good about you, they're awesome. "The Enquirer deserves the Pulitzer Prize" (in bizarro world, but who cares, right?)

Examples: If you're the candidate who actually used your foundation which consists only of other people's money to pay off judges so they wouldn't hear your lawsuits (and then took a tax deduction for it), what do you do? Well, of course, you attack the Clinton Foundation for "pay to play." There's no evidence of it, but by the time people find out about your foundation, it just looks like she's saying, "No I'm not...you are." 

If you're the candidate who actually had cases of housing discrimination in your history that you know will eventually come to light, and your Dad was arrested for being at a Klan rally, and you didn't immediately denounce David Duke's support...just accuse Hillary of being a bigot. While she's defending everything she's ever said during her public life, you skate on all that crap. 

Don't wanna be transparent and release your tax returns and your medical records? Just accuse Hillary of not being transparent enough. Spread rumors about her health, and demand more information from her that candidates don't usually provide. While she's scrambling to explain why she didn't tell everyone that she had a sniffle, you're skating on releasing your tax returns and having the doc from Independence Day release a "how Donald Trump is awesome" letter on Dr. Oz. 

I'm telling you, it's all brilliant. I keep saying to myself...what sorcery is this?

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

There's the rumor that won't die that LBJ crushed an opponent by accusing him of some ridiculously offensive thing. They used it in the movie Our Brand is Crisis. I don't think anyone knows if he actually said that, but the premise applies. It's not the truth of an accusation that matters. You just wanna hear the other side deny it. It puts them on the defensive and makes them look weak. In the mean time, if something about you comes out, you just brush it off, never answer any questions (word salad), repeat lies, double down, obfuscate...and most importantly...hurl another accusation at the other side. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1