Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deleting quotes

Emma_Acid

I cannot get on with the new quoting system - if I quote someone and then decide against it, I can't delete their quote. If I try and quote someone else in the thread, their quote appears inside of the quote I am trying to get rid of. If I go away and then come back again, the quote is still there :(

Three ways to remove an unwanted quote from your post:

1. Hover over the quote - a small box with a cross in it will appear at the top left. Click on this, then hit "delete". You can also click on the quote directly ( a blue outline will appear ) and hit "delete" for the same effect.
  2. Hover over the quote then hold CTRL and right-click. A menu will appear - select "remove quote".
  3. Click on the empty line below the quote box and then hit "delete" a couple of times
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

Hover over the quote - a small box with a cross in it will appear at the top left. Click on this, then hit "delete". You can also click on the quote directly ( a blue outline will appear ) and hit "delete" for the same effect.

Oh my goodness Saru after all this time I finally got this to work

• Like 1

A quick tip... the editor will sometimes not let you escape the quoted box (and thus lock up if you delete the quote!) if you don't leave any free lines above / below it.  I've got into the habit of adding a couple of new lines below the quote before doing anything - this also allows you to drag the quote down or up more easily.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Saru said:

Three ways to remove an unwanted quote from your post:

1. Hover over the quote - a small box with a cross in it will appear at the top left. Click on this, then hit "delete". You can also click on the quote directly ( a blue outline will appear ) and hit "delete" for the same effect.
  2. Hover over the quote then hold CTRL and right-click. A menu will appear - select "remove quote".
  3. Click on the empty line below the quote box and then hit "delete" a couple of times

Got it. Cheers matey :wub:

• Like 1

Saru, can the thread (pinned) be made just to test new forum features?

BTW, I still can't figure out why some links from YT do appear as link text line, and not vid box, not a big problem, just slight annoyance.