Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. poll: 3% of Americans dislike Canada

Likely Guy

1 hour ago, Thanato said:

Use to live in Thunder Bay, would not go back.

I had a great experience there.  When I was young and dumb a buddy and I pretty much threw a dart at a map and headed for Thunder Bay.  It was January and we thought we could make our way by camping.  We arrived in TB about 1:00 a.m.  On the way into town we saw a sign that said "Airport/Camping".  We passed it by to get gas and were involved in a minor accident.  That was enough to get us disoriented and we couldn't find that exit again.  We saw a man walking, it was now 2: a.m., and pulled over to ask directions to the airport.  I should mention that the ground was covered with more snow than I had ever seen.  Not being able to tell us, he offered to get in an show us the way.  He started telling us all about their wonderful airport and we just had to break it to him that we weren't really interested in the airport but wanted to find the campground nearby.  He would have none of that and invited us back to his home for the night.  As it turned out he was just a boarder.  When the owner woke up from our chatter we thought we were done for.  He welcomed us too.  The next morning they fixed us breakfast and offered to let us stay another night, which we gladly took them up on.  On the second night it snowed again and on the morning of our departure our first acquaintance shoveled the driveway for us.  They have got to be two of the friendliest, most trusting people I've ever met and cause me to think fondly of Canadians and Thunder Bay to this day.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2016 at 9:25 PM, Likely Guy said:

Okay, what's the damn problem with that 3%! <_<

Probably the French-Canadians reminding them too much of France.

1 hour ago, Wickian said:

Probably the French-Canadians reminding them too much of France.

Ouch!