Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. poll: 3% of Americans dislike Canada

Likely Guy

WASHINGTON—Canada, king of America.

The latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll of the presidential election asked Americans not only for their opinions on the candidates, the political parties and the news media but their opinion on their neighbo(u)rs.

The result: we win. Seventy-five per cent had a positive view of Canada. Just 3 per cent had a negative view.

That was way better than any other person or entity.

“There has always been, and always will be, an enormous amount of goodwill for Canada in the United States. And the feeling is mutual,” said Christine Constantin, spokesperson for the Canadian embassy in Washington. “We are your best friend, ally and neighbour. We see it every day and in countless ways.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/09/22/us-poll-just-3-per-cent-of-americans-dislike-canada.html

Okay, what's the damn problem with that 3%! <_<

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

WASHINGTON—Canada, king of America.

The latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll of the presidential election asked Americans not only for their opinions on the candidates, the political parties and the news media but their opinion on their neighbo(u)rs.

The result: we win. Seventy-five per cent had a positive view of Canada. Just 3 per cent had a negative view.

That was way better than any other person or entity.

“There has always been, and always will be, an enormous amount of goodwill for Canada in the United States. And the feeling is mutual,” said Christine Constantin, spokesperson for the Canadian embassy in Washington. “We are your best friend, ally and neighbour. We see it every day and in countless ways.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/09/22/us-poll-just-3-per-cent-of-americans-dislike-canada.html

Okay, what's the damn problem with that 3%! <_<

Hockey?

• Like 8

We love Canada because their people are not flooding our country ILLEGALLY looking for handouts provided from hard working peoples tax money. We would love Canada even more if all ILLEGAL's from our southern border were provided a one way ticket from their country to yours.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It would appear you don't like us as much as we like you. Just a measly 68% of Canadians view us favorably. But that's probably more than most other countries do, so we're not complaining.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

We love Canada because their people are not flooding our country ILLEGALLY looking for handouts provided from hard working peoples tax money. We would love Canada even more if all ILLEGAL's from our southern border were provided a one way ticket from their country to yours.

That was probably the least 'heart felt response' one could come across.

Mr. Grinch has a special place for you.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Clair said:

It would appear you don't like us as much as we like you. Just a measly 68% of Canadians view us favorably. But that's probably more than most other countries do, so we're not complaining.

Hey, we like you more than you like Trump, Clinton or Obama.

• Like 7

We just got back from a cruise that went to Canada and I think the people and the country are lovely. I only wish we had more time to enjoy it and explore.

• Like 7

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Hey, we like you more than you like Trump, Clinton or Obama.

Even though we detest them, we'll stick up for them if other countries hated on them. We're weird that way. But yeah, I get your point and it's some consolation. But the truth is, I think we like to be hated. Whereas you Canadians would probably be shocked and hurt.

• Like 2

I have a travel agent/tour guide relative who says Canada is top of his list of desirable destinations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clair said:

Even though we detest them, we'll stick up for them if other countries hated on them. We're weird that way. But yeah, I get your point and it's some consolation. But the truth is, I think we like to be hated. Whereas you Canadians would probably be shocked and hurt.

Yes we would, and would apologize for any possible misunderstanding.

But the, "I think we like to be hated" part, I'll have to take time to consider. :mellow:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I have a travel agent/tour guide relative who says Canada is top of his list of desirable destinations.

Hell yeah. Your $ goes far, We like you, You like us.

(Your Trump fellow, we're not so sure of.)

32 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That was probably the least 'heart felt response' one could come across.

Mr. Grinch has a special place for you.

Thank you. Instead of the Keystone pipeline, we could build the Keystone railroad from our Southern border to our Northern with no stops in between.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glockornothing said:

Thank you. Instead of the Keystone pipeline, we could build the Keystone railroad from our Southern border to our Northern with no stops in between.

Not a problem. That was the wish of the past government. We're largely over that.

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Ever been here?

Spent 2 weeks in New Brunswick, in the winter, for survival training, does that count?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

Spent 2 weeks in New Brunswick, in the winter, for survival training, does that count?

At least you've been here. To tell you the truth I've been as far north in BC as I've been to the south in California and the farthest east I've been is Fort Frances, Ontario and International Falls, Minnesota. The latter may as well be the same place.

I'm a westerner apparently.

• Like 4

If I could afford it I would live in Vancouver, and Toronto, in spite of the bleak winters, ain't too bad either (certainly better than Buffalo or Detroit).

I once had Toronto explained to me as the most "American" city in North America, in spite of all the pictures of the Queen.  It has ethnic neighborhoods, lots of immigrants and second and third generation types, subways (pretty good ones too), skyscrapers, condos, billboards, freeways, lots of cars, American English (I can't tell the difference), and largely American labor and business cultures.  Canada doesn't seem to have as all the guns, including Toronto.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

Did you get a toque?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

At least you've been here. To tell you the truth I've been as far north in BC as I've been to the south in California and the farthest east I've been is Fort Frances, Ontario and International Falls, Minnesota. The latter may as well be the same place.

I'm a westerner apparently.

It was cold, they gave us winter cloth, and snow shoes. Said we could eat what we could kill, funny there was no animals around to kill it was so cold.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

18 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

Did you get a toque?

Nope just a certificate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

It was cold, they gave us winter cloth, and snow shoes. Said we could eat what we could kill, funny there was no animals around to kill it was so cold.

You lived.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• Like 1

Just now, Glockornothing said:

Nope just a certificate.

I should send you a toque.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

I should send you a toque.

Edit: What;s your favourite hockey team?