Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Church Shouting Anybody?

Dj Taxiarch

Who have experience this, me personally I never have but I saw tons of times from other people, this was one of the reasons I never wanted to go to church. I thought this was just people faking until I saw some of my family members and close friends started shouting example, I seen the piano guy will be playing all fine and normal then out of nowhere he starts slamming into the wall screaming and crying anyway let me know what you think on this subject. I'm not trying to troll or be funny or be some hidden sales person to a book or website I absolutely hate that **** I'm just a turntablist DJ whole has an open mind on the metaphysical world.

Do you mean church shouting as when people are in church and get so caught up in the service they shout out? Or when people have those kinds of "church shouting" moments while not in church? Or both? Or the general notion of getting so caught up in something, you spontaneously make large vocalizations?

I know you posted this specifically under spirituality and religion, but "church shouting" can have a few applications. Like sports fans can get into some pretty serious church shouting during a game- as in full on calling to God shouting.

As a Christian that has visited all kinds of churches, I've seen a few examples of what you're describing. To be honest, it can be very disturbing. I can't imagine Jesus slamming into walls and screaming, or Peter standing in front of the congregation and howling like a dog when he's 'filled with the Spirit' (yes, I've seen that). 

There was a young woman that attended the church I went to when I became a Christian in 1972. At that time of my life I was somewhat of a feral child, socially inept, guided by impulse. Maybe those of you with ADHD can understand the cacophony of noise that occurs when we're in a group of people.

Melody was 19 years old with acne scars, long straight hair, minimal makeup, somewhat homely, but whenever Melody walked up to me and quietly said, 'How are you, Bill?' I felt as though I was standing in front of Jesus himself. The noise stopped, my shoulders relaxed, and I felt completely accepted and loved. She was the most beautiful woman I've ever met.

To me personally, that was true New Testament Christianity. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, rashore said:

Do you mean church shouting as when people are in church and get so caught up in the service they shout out? Or when people have those kinds of "church shouting" moments while not in church? Or both? Or the general notion of getting so caught up in something, you spontaneously make large vocalizations?

I know you posted this specifically under spirituality and religion, but "church shouting" can have a few applications. Like sports fans can get into some pretty serious church shouting during a game- as in full on calling to God shouting.

Right, my bad on the explaining I suck at posting lol I'm not a thread starter or poster what I meant was the holy ghost not like those people being touched faith healing I think all that is fake or people caught up in the moment. I'm talking on the level of a person just having a simple prayer or music being played like even the singer example" Order My Steps Steps Steps Steps" then fall on her knees Crying still saying steps at the top of her lungs then people in the church just fan her to cool her down the the person holding the fan breaks down too then a 1 woman in the back screaming too and so on it back like 9 people altogether, I tried to escape and go to the bathroom but the Usher wouldn't let me she would know I was trying run from it and hide in the bathroom pure insanity it is sounding like somebody is killing somebody 

1 hour ago, Dj Taxiarch said:

Right, my bad on the explaining I suck at posting lol I'm not a thread starter or poster what I meant was the holy ghost not like those people being touched faith healing I think all that is fake or people caught up in the moment. I'm talking on the level of a person just having a simple prayer or music being played like even the singer example" Order My Steps Steps Steps Steps" then fall on her knees Crying still saying steps at the top of her lungs then people in the church just fan her to cool her down the the person holding the fan breaks down too then a 1 woman in the back screaming too and so on it back like 9 people altogether, I tried to escape and go to the bathroom but the Usher wouldn't let me she would know I was trying run from it and hide in the bathroom pure insanity it is sounding like somebody is killing somebody 

I would stay well away from such Churches or Houses Of Worship, if I were you. 

I've not seen this in real life, but have seen it in documentaries. It's no big deal. Some people get overcome with emotion, they get loud, they shout... People are entitled to worship however they want to. Can't and shouldn't judge them for it regardless of our own personal beliefs.

I had in-laws who were snake handlers.  One verse from the Bible and they focus their whole worship around it.  They did a little bit of the shouting as well. Glossolalia, speaking in tongues, was supposed to be a gift from the Holy Spirit.  That basically means shouting in a pretend language nobody can understand.  Not much of a gift in my humble opinion.  They would also "run for Jesus" endless rounds up and down the  aisles.  I know my relatives were sincere, but it was difficult to deal with.  I will also say that out of church, they were not any more Christian or in touch with God than the general populace.  My uncle-in-law was as mean as the snakes he handled, not a person you would want to spend time with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rashore said:

What ?    .....  he did say this ;  "   he starts slamming into the wall screaming and crying anyway  "  

The latest thing here is 

Related image

Image result for messy church

get desperate for 'customers'  ,  more like it ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dj Taxiarch said:

Image result for faith healer interrupted by phone call gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

They did a little bit of the shouting as well. Glossolalia, speaking in tongues, was supposed to be a gift from the Holy Spirit.  That basically means shouting in a pretend language nobody can understand.

I know what you mean, as I heard many people talk or speak out loudly in this unidentified language, that nobody else can actually understand. I don't think it's a gift from the Holy Spirit, perhaps it's more or less a made up language from individuals, to make themselves out to be truly blessed or worthy!

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, back to earth said:

WTF by no means I'm I representing  some **** like that demonic doctrine level right there I only listen to Dr.Charles Stanley and Dr.Tony Evans I don't know why he would do something like that but I'm not surprise Jesus spoke about it

I have visited many different churches over the years with many different ways of worshipping.  I have personally seen what you are referring to and it scared me!   One church in particular had people screaming as they ran up and down the aisles, while others were on the ground, flopping around like fish out of water.   Still others were swaying and moaning loudly.    I think what happens is people let themselves get caught up in a kind of fervor where they believe that they have to be as noisy as possible to get God's attention and therefore, get His favor turned toward them.   

I don't know if that's really it, but my personal observation.   Not all churches worship like that, so don't be afraid to look around a bit if you are seeking something to suit your personality.   

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 1

The church is shouting?  Awesome - I'll have a pint of your best ale thanks.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

The church is shouting?  Awesome - I'll have a pint of your best ale thanks.

pint-of-badger-ale.jpg

No Problem

25 minutes ago, back to earth said:

That isnt a pint . 

lol it probably ain't but I'm cooking spare ribs in the oven so I just found something really quick but here is the link I went off of I was looking for something that had Jon Taffer holding a drink https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/a9/07/c1/pint-of-badger-ale.jp I left the g off on purpose 

14 hours ago, Dj Taxiarch said:

I have never been in a Pentecostal church which proclaims the spirits/gifts of Pentecost (where the holy spirit gives gifts to people such as healing, preaching, teaching etc) I know a few people from such churches and they are totally normal one is an accountant, one a graphic artist, and a couple ran the local RAA office for many years.   They are among the sanest, nicest, people i know. They said that back in the seventies the spirit entered many churches and touched ,many people but that  this is less common today. 

My one experience, which I've described before, was when i had a badly damaged muscle/tendon in a shoulder. I had knocked it and was in agony with red and black flashes  in my head, when a stranger came up to me in the checkout, laid his hand on my shoulder, and started quietly speaking. I felt an intense heat permeate my shoulder,  the pain disappeared, and, as it turned out, the tendon/muscle was largely healed in that moment  (confirmed by doctors and physios during the next week) I didn't realise what was happening until i caught a few quiet words of prayer  The bloke walked off before i could say anything   I was told he used his abilty in an official, but voluntary, capacity to heal local footballers injured while playing. 

I do not think you can divide out one gift of the spirit from another, but i would go by the biblical injunction that we must judge them by their fruits. Those which have productive/creative outcomes are good while those which cause hurt, pain or suffering are bad.  Those which are effective should be used for good purpose, while  those which do nothing useful are pointless.  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, back to earth said:

Now that is MY type of martial art form. :)  Chuck Norris, eat your heart out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Now that is MY type of martial art form. :)  Chuck Norris, eat your heart out. 

Chuck Norris wouldn't couldn't do that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, back to earth said:

and the lazy sinful parishioners who came to church late suffered the public humiliation of a good coat whipping

• Like 1

I've seen this a few times, it made me very uncomfortable.  I was Christian at the time and it just didn't seem....right....