Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen King terrified of Trump Presidency

Ozfactor

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

How do you think the #blacklivesmatter movement will work with him if elected? Are there any solutions being explored? 

I think the loudest dipsticks will make "second amendment solutions" style comments. Whn they're nicked for threatening the President, the dipsticks' mates will riot, they'll be nicked themselves and on and on the roundabout goes. 

• Like 1

Stephen King, terrified... isn't he the guy who always left the bath curtain open so he'll know if something fishy is trying to hid there?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big Jim said:

It was recently reported that up to 70% of the protesters in Charlotte were from out of state.  

that one was a 'mistruth' from some chicken little in Charlotte.   http://www.snopes.com/charlotte-protesters-out-of-state-criminals/

21 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You certainly may. I would have thought the movements intentions were peaceful, but like every crowd on earth, there are exceptions to the rule in general. The problem seems to be that as you say, there is basis for the protest. I would have liked to hope that issue would be approached before any other, peoples rights have to take precedence, and there does seem to be quite some disparity there. Would not a hard line approach end up with more Dallas's? I agree, there is no way to justify such action, but it does seem to indicate that a serious problem needs to be adressed and old mechanisms have proven to not work? I was sort of hoping there might be some sort of structured plan to address the disparity on skin colour. It seems astounding that some of us are still so barbaric and stuck in the dark ages and that racism should persist to modern times.  

Meh. They were founded and funded by George Soros. He sponsored their riots, and he sent operatives to places where they gathered. They never were legitimate.

Now, some members are honest and sincere, and I support their right to picket and protest in a peaceful manner. Most of them aren't violent. That aside, some of them wreak havoc on communities when they target them for attacks in the forms of arson, vandalism, assault, murder,.... This obvious criminality gets a pass from the dishonest regressive media, and this inevitably will bring forth a day of reckoning with the malignant side of BLM, as well as some of their supporters.

• Like 1

I think he's right! Never a good idea to let an egocentric narcissist anywhere near the Oval Office.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

6 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I think he's right! Never a good idea to let an egocentric narcissist anywhere near the Oval Office.

That rules out everyone, ever (except perhaps Jimmy Carter) who has been president or who'd ever want to be president.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Meh. They were founded and funded by George Soros. He sponsored their riots, and he sent operatives to places where they gathered. They never were legitimate.

Now, some members are honest and sincere, and I support their right to picket and protest in a peaceful manner. Most of them aren't violent. That aside, some of them wreak havoc on communities when they target them for attacks in the forms of arson, vandalism, assault, murder,.... This obvious criminality gets a pass from the dishonest regressive media, and this inevitably will bring forth a day of reckoning with the malignant side of BLM, as well as some of their supporters.

That seems a really tricky situation. If the movement is run for profit, I do not think that in any way addresses that there does seem to be a serious problem with regards to race. It is so sad to hear that any person might take advantage of human suffering to make  quick buck, I would agree, but is what we do, from things like this down to sweat shops. But I think we all hope there is someone trying to better this situation. 

I just find racial tensions really silly, and disheartening from a personal perspective, and no doubt at times emotions rule our heads. I just hope there is some way to openly address the problems. Free Speech is great, it works both ways, those pathetic morons like the Nazi's or Westboro might come out and protest their vile values, but at least we know where they are, and what motivates them. Big Jim's post I found heartening and it is great to see that in day to day life, people seem to get along great, but as with most places, only the worst news makes international headlines, so it has been great and heartwarming to speak to locals and get the real story there. I honestly wish all of the US the very best solution in  their endeavours to make the US a world leader in defusing racial tension. We all have a dubious past in that respect, I just hope we can come together to end that mistake. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You certainly may. I would have thought the movements intentions were peaceful, but like every crowd on earth, there are exceptions to the rule in general. The problem seems to be that as you say, there is basis for the protest. I would have liked to hope that issue would be approached before any other, peoples rights have to take precedence, and there does seem to be quite some disparity there. Would not a hard line approach end up with more Dallas's? I agree, there is no way to justify such action, but it does seem to indicate that a serious problem needs to be adressed and old mechanisms have proven to not work? I was sort of hoping there might be some sort of structured plan to address the disparity on skin colour. It seems astounding that some of us are still so barbaric and stuck in the dark ages and that racism should persist to modern times.  

The issue of race, the perceived disproportionality of force and incarceration among and of young black men has been a growing issue for many years here.  As I said, there is some basis for protest but the over arching perception among conservative and to a lesser extent Libertarian citizens (and even some left leaning folks) is that this group of young men (primarily) are part of a culture of violence that has been bred directly by an attempt to rectify past wrongs against the black community.  If you've not studied the "GREAT SOCIETY" of president Lyndon Baines Johnson in the early 60's, it's worth some of your time.  He used the immediate atmosphere post JFK assassination to get a broad group of measures passed into law that were designed primarily to help the black folk of this nation.  The actual affect was to create single parent households where no man could reside with the mother of the children who were receiving benefits.  The US government took on the role of father and provider but not disciplinarian.  Today we reap a foul harvest from those good intentions.  The only beneficiary of the Great Society was the Democrat Party.  They used the public treasury to buy a secure, 13-15% block of votes for a half century and counting.  The young men in those communities by and large have become predators of each other and the weak, in general.  That is not a mis-perception, psyche101, it is a proven fact.  Law enforcement officers in some US inner cities are faced with the same situation the French, Swedes and soon Germans -as well as Brits I may say -  are facing with the isolated, self ruling cantons of drug dealers, gangs and various other criminal elements.  They are becoming "no go zones" for cops.

There surely is still racism in the US... and... every other country on the planet where there is a diversity of races extant.  The emphasis on discipline and law enforcement absolutely HAS to come first to reverse this dangerous, destructive sub culture of predators that answer to NO ONE today.  Once these young men meet strong, determined resistance, there will probably be increased violence for a period but on the other side of that the black communities will have a fighting chance to improve.  Without this discipline being imposed, the citizens of Chicago, Kansas City, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, parts of L.A, ALL of Detroit and many others will never be able to have a decent chance to move forward in security, safety for their children or opportunity for those who wish to break out of the inner city Plantations that have been created and sustained by the "compassionate Left" here.  I've always heard that one can judge a tree by it's fruit.  It's been 50 years since this situation began.  If the attempt to "defeat poverty" with a government check was going to work, I think the results would have been more promising by now.

The issue of gun control is extremely volatile and is completely resistant to logic or what most of the world perceives to be common sense.  This culture of the gun is no less than a part of the American DNA.  While I can respect the views of others around the world that the problem appears to be straightforward and could be easily solved with a little compromise, I say this in answer - if you look about in America today you find polarization on a scale unseen here in my 56 years.  We actually could be faced with post election violence on a fairly wide scale.  The parties have become so divisive and inured to conflict that they compromise ONLY when it benefits THEM and their own little careers.  

That kind of atmosphere is absolutely corrosive to public order - or even survival, long term.  I want to give a personal example that hopefully will bring it into a little better focus.  My nephew is a 20 something, newly married and is a firefighter in a modest sized city.  He was raised to love shooting sports and has quite a gun collection.  He is UBER responsible in his ownership and handling of those firearms.  I am in that category as well. Even I was shocked to learn from him that he had decided to purchase a special type of rifle known here by it's legal designation as a SBR. 

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/short-barrel-rifle-sbr-restrictions-suck/  This is only an example of a short barrel rifle covered by these special rules.  While there is a "cool" factor among young men who collect these weapons, the truth is they are quite expensive and burdensome (for the economic middle class) to procure and own, legally.  Being caught with one ILLEGALLY is a significant prison sentence.  To top off his little rifle he also purchased a suppressor for it.  That also requires an extensive background check by government agencies as well as paying for a so called "tax stamp" license to legally possess the suppressor.  Get caught with that weapon assembled and ready to load while not in physical possession of said "stamp" and you WILL go to prison for years.

A short barreled, semi auto, sound suppressed weapon such as this really has only one purpose that I can imagine and I fully understand why the government would be interested in knowing in detail who owns them and where they can be found.  IOW's this is a weapon designed to kill human beings up close and quietly enough to not draw the defensive fire of LEO's or others.  It's a killing machine first designed for SEALS, SAS, Rangers, etc.  Civilians only need something like this for ego, excitement or fighting back against a tyrannical government.  

This young man is in all other ways a reasonable, honest and upright citizen.  He's a very good and concerned community member.  I believe his motives are completely innocent for wanting such a trophy.  This is the current generation - the Millennials - in the more rural parts of America.  They mirror the great majority of men who came before them here, both from my generation and my predecessors.  My point is that even though it seems innately impossible for Europeans to really grasp this culture and the importance of it to Americans, they need to try harder and to approach it with an open mind rather than the utter disdain they show now.  The final truth about this issue is that it is unlike any other in our country.  It TRULY will be a trip wire to a bloody revolution when the Left decide they can manipulate the political structure to disarm Americans.  I expect Clinton to win.  I expect her to stack the Supreme Court with activist, left leaning judges and I expect her to either sign Executive Orders curtailing 2nd amendment rights, (the restrictions will be very acceptable to those outside the country, no doubt) or to outright attempt confiscation on some limited level.  That will NOT go unanswered.  People will die and our nation may well descend into a second Civil War.  The reason for this is not the irrationality of gun owners.  The reason is that there is a path the Left have set that is seen to be a clear agenda of confiscation as the ultimate goal.  If laws could be passed that would truly make a difference yet could be written in such a way that no PRECEDENT were extended at law then compromise could be found.  No Democrat has ever offered such a concession, indeed I'm not sure our system, based on common law and precedent, could achieve such a state.  It's the old "slippery slope" argument and it is a real danger today.  I also believe the Dems (Left) are more inclined toward a Globalist Agenda and removing the right of US citizens to keep and bear arms is absolutely essential for that to become a reality.

To come full circle back to the topic, THIS is why wealthy shills for the Left like Mr King are horrified that America might wake up and stumble back to the Right, toward independence, even in a modest way, from those agendas.  Trump is not Satan, Hitler or even a Bushy.  Trump is an alarm that is stirring the sheep.  From Mr King's perspective, he MUST be stopped. 

• Like 3

That is awesome andthen, thank you very much for the detailed response, I will have a closer look at it tomorrow, I have some things to get to right now that are pressing 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That seems a really tricky situation. If the movement is run for profit, I do not think that in any way addresses that there does seem to be a serious problem with regards to race. It is so sad to hear that any person might take advantage of human suffering to make  quick buck, I would agree, but is what we do, from things like this down to sweat shops. But I think we all hope there is someone trying to better this situation. 

I just find racial tensions really silly, and disheartening from a personal perspective, and no doubt at times emotions rule our heads. I just hope there is some way to openly address the problems. Free Speech is great, it works both ways, those pathetic morons like the Nazi's or Westboro might come out and protest their vile values, but at least we know where they are, and what motivates them. Big Jim's post I found heartening and it is great to see that in day to day life, people seem to get along great, but as with most places, only the worst news makes international headlines, so it has been great and heartwarming to speak to locals and get the real story there. I honestly wish all of the US the very best solution in  their endeavours to make the US a world leader in defusing racial tension. We all have a dubious past in that respect, I just hope we can come together to end that mistake. 

That's a nice sentiment, but activists and the progressive media have no interest in improving race relations. They stoke the fires when they fade. The past is gone, but certain forces still live there. Google "George Soros" to research his link to many of our current problems.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:03 PM, Gingitsune said:

Stephen King, terrified... isn't he the guy who always left the bath curtain open so he'll know if something fishy is trying to hid there?

Yep. Same guy who openly admits being terrified of the dark.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:23 PM, and then said:

The issue of race, the perceived disproportionality of force and incarceration among and of young black men has been a growing issue for many years here.  As I said, there is some basis for protest but the over arching perception among conservative and to a lesser extent Libertarian citizens (and even some left leaning folks) is that this group of young men (primarily) are part of a culture of violence that has been bred directly by an attempt to rectify past wrongs against the black community.  If you've not studied the "GREAT SOCIETY" of president Lyndon Baines Johnson in the early 60's, it's worth some of your time.  He used the immediate atmosphere post JFK assassination to get a broad group of measures passed into law that were designed primarily to help the black folk of this nation.  The actual affect was to create single parent households where no man could reside with the mother of the children who were receiving benefits.  The US government took on the role of father and provider but not disciplinarian.  Today we reap a foul harvest from those good intentions.  The only beneficiary of the Great Society was the Democrat Party.  They used the public treasury to buy a secure, 13-15% block of votes for a half century and counting.  The young men in those communities by and large have become predators of each other and the weak, in general.  That is not a mis-perception, psyche101, it is a proven fact.  Law enforcement officers in some US inner cities are faced with the same situation the French, Swedes and soon Germans -as well as Brits I may say -  are facing with the isolated, self ruling cantons of drug dealers, gangs and various other criminal elements.  They are becoming "no go zones" for cops.

There surely is still racism in the US... and... every other country on the planet where there is a diversity of races extant.  The emphasis on discipline and law enforcement absolutely HAS to come first to reverse this dangerous, destructive sub culture of predators that answer to NO ONE today.  Once these young men meet strong, determined resistance, there will probably be increased violence for a period but on the other side of that the black communities will have a fighting chance to improve.  Without this discipline being imposed, the citizens of Chicago, Kansas City, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, parts of L.A, ALL of Detroit and many others will never be able to have a decent chance to move forward in security, safety for their children or opportunity for those who wish to break out of the inner city Plantations that have been created and sustained by the "compassionate Left" here.  I've always heard that one can judge a tree by it's fruit.  It's been 50 years since this situation began.  If the attempt to "defeat poverty" with a government check was going to work, I think the results would have been more promising by now.

The issue of gun control is extremely volatile and is completely resistant to logic or what most of the world perceives to be common sense.  This culture of the gun is no less than a part of the American DNA.  While I can respect the views of others around the world that the problem appears to be straightforward and could be easily solved with a little compromise, I say this in answer - if you look about in America today you find polarization on a scale unseen here in my 56 years.  We actually could be faced with post election violence on a fairly wide scale.  The parties have become so divisive and inured to conflict that they compromise ONLY when it benefits THEM and their own little careers.  

That kind of atmosphere is absolutely corrosive to public order - or even survival, long term.  I want to give a personal example that hopefully will bring it into a little better focus.  My nephew is a 20 something, newly married and is a firefighter in a modest sized city.  He was raised to love shooting sports and has quite a gun collection.  He is UBER responsible in his ownership and handling of those firearms.  I am in that category as well. Even I was shocked to learn from him that he had decided to purchase a special type of rifle known here by it's legal designation as a SBR. 

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/short-barrel-rifle-sbr-restrictions-suck/  This is only an example of a short barrel rifle covered by these special rules.  While there is a "cool" factor among young men who collect these weapons, the truth is they are quite expensive and burdensome (for the economic middle class) to procure and own, legally.  Being caught with one ILLEGALLY is a significant prison sentence.  To top off his little rifle he also purchased a suppressor for it.  That also requires an extensive background check by government agencies as well as paying for a so called "tax stamp" license to legally possess the suppressor.  Get caught with that weapon assembled and ready to load while not in physical possession of said "stamp" and you WILL go to prison for years.

A short barreled, semi auto, sound suppressed weapon such as this really has only one purpose that I can imagine and I fully understand why the government would be interested in knowing in detail who owns them and where they can be found.  IOW's this is a weapon designed to kill human beings up close and quietly enough to not draw the defensive fire of LEO's or others.  It's a killing machine first designed for SEALS, SAS, Rangers, etc.  Civilians only need something like this for ego, excitement or fighting back against a tyrannical government.  

This young man is in all other ways a reasonable, honest and upright citizen.  He's a very good and concerned community member.  I believe his motives are completely innocent for wanting such a trophy.  This is the current generation - the Millennials - in the more rural parts of America.  They mirror the great majority of men who came before them here, both from my generation and my predecessors.  My point is that even though it seems innately impossible for Europeans to really grasp this culture and the importance of it to Americans, they need to try harder and to approach it with an open mind rather than the utter disdain they show now.  The final truth about this issue is that it is unlike any other in our country.  It TRULY will be a trip wire to a bloody revolution when the Left decide they can manipulate the political structure to disarm Americans.  I expect Clinton to win.  I expect her to stack the Supreme Court with activist, left leaning judges and I expect her to either sign Executive Orders curtailing 2nd amendment rights, (the restrictions will be very acceptable to those outside the country, no doubt) or to outright attempt confiscation on some limited level.  That will NOT go unanswered.  People will die and our nation may well descend into a second Civil War.  The reason for this is not the irrationality of gun owners.  The reason is that there is a path the Left have set that is seen to be a clear agenda of confiscation as the ultimate goal.  If laws could be passed that would truly make a difference yet could be written in such a way that no PRECEDENT were extended at law then compromise could be found.  No Democrat has ever offered such a concession, indeed I'm not sure our system, based on common law and precedent, could achieve such a state.  It's the old "slippery slope" argument and it is a real danger today.  I also believe the Dems (Left) are more inclined toward a Globalist Agenda and removing the right of US citizens to keep and bear arms is absolutely essential for that to become a reality.

To come full circle back to the topic, THIS is why wealthy shills for the Left like Mr King are horrified that America might wake up and stumble back to the Right, toward independence, even in a modest way, from those agendas.  Trump is not Satan, Hitler or even a Bushy.  Trump is an alarm that is stirring the sheep.  From Mr King's perspective, he MUST be stopped. 

I gotta disagree with some of this. Creating fatherless homes destroying their communities was the intention, not a unintentional consequence. Cloward and Pivon model down to the letter.