Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen King terrified of Trump Presidency

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/horror-writer-stephen-king-says-he-is-scared-to-death-of-donald-trump-becoming-us-president/news-story/a0e0d8882e7c3e466837c5974a50735e

WITH more than 50 horror novels plus lots of short stories, many made into film and television drama, you would expect Stephen King not to fear anything, except perhaps the odd spider.

However the 69-year-old best-selling author told Ron Charles, the editor of The Washington Post’s Book World, that nothing scares him more than Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

“A Trump presidency scares me more than anything else,” King said in a Facebook Live interview. “I’m terrified that he’ll become president.”

King also gave a related explanation for Trunmp’s popularity.

• Like 2

He's so insulated from the real world that he actually believes his own bool shithe.  I thinks it's PAST time his ilk learned to be a little afraid.

• Like 7

I like Kings work, he is one of my favorite authors but he doesn't seem too smart when it comes to politics.

• Like 7

Well I am looking forward to the war he launches on "dat naught huuuuuggggeee countration" while he explaines how Trump Steaks are totally still a thing.

Ha! Master of nightmares...loses sleep over Trump. Sounds about right. Me too, Stephen King.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Ha! Master of nightmares...loses sleep over Trump. Sounds about right. Me too, Stephen King.

Oh, I don't imagine there's too much to worry about.  If we survived (mostly) 8 years of the current b****** in chief, Trump can't make too much of a dent in the order of the ages.  Frankly, I think it would be funny to watch the hysterics on Nov. 9th if he won.  I don't actually expect it to happen, but I do think it would be priceless to see the sycophantic Left hoist on their own petard.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Oh, I don't imagine there's too much to worry about.  If we survived (mostly) 8 years of the current b****** in chief, Trump can't make too much of a dent in the order of the ages.  Frankly, I think it would be funny to watch the hysterics on Nov. 9th if he won.  I don't actually expect it to happen, but I do think it would be priceless to see the sycophantic Left hoist on their own petard.

I believe it would be no less than the end of the free world. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

I like Kings work, he is one of my favorite authors but he doesn't seem too smart when it comes to politics.

One of my favorite authors is like that, too.  I love his material, but he's not got one single iota of common sense when it comes to modern US politics.  His facebook page is filled with anti-Right/Conservative propaganda (ironically, these hate-filled uninformed posts targets conservatism as a hate-fill, uninformed institution....that hypocrisy should surprise no one).

My guess is that most of these authors (as well as actors) have to intentionally disconnect themselves from reality to put out such good material.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Then you continue to believe that.  Please.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

My first instinct is to laugh at that but I am too aware that folks on the Left actually ARE that fearful, even though there is no logical reason to be.  Too many people (hopefully) in the US are just fed UP with being ignored and forced to comply with what the president wants and demands.  That is NOT his job. So if Trump wins it will be because Obama didn't even TRY to compromise with the Right.  NOT ONCE.  There are consequences to that kind of behavior in America.  If Trump were to be found to be truly dangerous then I'm sure the Right  - especially the so called "staunch Conservatives" would happily impeach and remove him. This country is in the worst shape it's been in in my 56 years.  Trump could hardly make it worse.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, and then said:

If Trump wins the SJW will go berserk. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

If Trump wins the SJW will go berserk. 

Good.

• Like 4

I like Stephen King's work.  Well, most of it.  What he really needs is an editor with some grit, as King tends to lose focus in almost every one of his more current novels.  He starts to ramble about 1/2 way through everything.  He's a good writer, who does great plots and characterizations, but horrible climaxes.  He's always been a genius at creating these fantastic enemies, but rarely has a solid resolution for them.

Having said all that, I've always tried to separate celebrities real lives from their art.  I don't really care what his politics are.  I can't even say I disagree with him on this, but I really don't care.  If someone is a good actor, writer, singer, directer, etc, I don't care about their personal lives.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, supervike said:

Having said all that, I've always tried to separate celebrities real lives from their art.

That is what's best.

53 minutes ago, supervike said:

If someone is a good actor, writer, singer, directer, etc, I don't care about their personal lives.

I try to do that as well, unless they become aggressive about it (like a Sean Penn, whom I've given up on completely).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

That is what's best.

I try to do that as well, unless they become aggressive about it (like a Sean Penn, whom I've given up on completely).

Hey Hey...I said GOOD actors.... LOL.

Seriously, I cannot think of a single movie with him in it that I've cared for his acting.  Dude's over rated, IMHO.

• Like 1

Oh I dunno ... Dead Man Walking and Mystic River and Milk ... I think it was Madonna that wrecked his celebrity status more than anything ...

~

I used to love King's work but haven't bought anything new since Duma Key - a GREAT book btw - because of his unnecessary use of vulgarity. I'm certainly no saint but it seems his work has become far more gratuitous with this and I think it's because of his general attitude toward people of faith.  When it comes to politics, his opinions are his own and he's welcome to them.  He has as  much right to them as any other citizen, he just has an inordinately large microphone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Oh I dunno ... Dead Man Walking and Mystic River and Milk ... I think it was Madonna that wrecked his celebrity status more than anything ...

~

Or maybe his ridiculous attempts at political dabbling...the dumb katrina video...his love for hugo Chavez, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I used to love King's work but haven't bought anything new since Duma Key - a GREAT book btw - because of his unnecessary use of vulgarity. I'm certainly no saint but it seems his work has become far more gratuitous with this and I think it's because of his general attitude toward people of faith.  When it comes to politics, his opinions are his own and he's welcome to them.  He has as  much right to them as any other citizen, he just has an inordinately large microphone.

I quit reading King once he started writing with an eye to making the books into movies. He lost that fear factor. Before then the best parts of his books were that as incredible as they seemed he could make them seem like they could possibly happen. Hollywood ruined that.

• Like 2

I'm terrified that anyone cares what he thinks. His opinion is no more important than a mechanic's. His political beliefs carry no more cache or weight than those of an electrician or a plumber. In fact, they may be less informed.

• Like 4