Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China WILL find alien life

seeder

Yes well the headline says:   China WILL find alien life even tho its a very very optimistic claim. You know what Ive always said....if youre only able to look for signs of intelligent life, ones who make signals.... then youre potentially missing out on any non advanced life....like a planet teeming with plant growth and simple creatures... and thats LIFE too

The story:

China WILL find alien life: Chinese scientists turn on world's largest radio telescope
CHINA has taken one giant leap in the search for alien life today after it switched on the world’s largest radio telescope.

The dish was first suggested in 1993 but construction began in 2011 and local officials said in February that nearly 10,000 people living within a five kilometre radius of the dish would be relocated.

Dr Douglas Vakoch, president of METI International, an organisation which promotes messaging outer space from Earth in the hope of finding extra-terrestrials, said the dish will not initially be outfitted with the signal processing capabilities to scan for aliens.

But it will soon be able to “churn through the cosmic static, looking for the tell-tale signs of intelligence”, he said.

“FAST will look for signs of advanced extraterrestrial civilisations in the vicinity of other stars, seeking radio signals that stand out as unlike anything that the universe can create,” Vakoch told The Telegraph.

It is a “game-changer in the search for life in the universe,” he added.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/714197/China-aliens-scientists-world-largest-radio-telescope-search-life-extra-terrestrial

• Like 3

I bet that the history books of North Korea say that Kim Jong Un already found alien life on other planets. :rofl:

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

I bet that the history books of North Korea say that Kim Jong Un already found alien life on other planets. :rofl:

Found everything except a good barber.

A bit to eager with the Monty Python skits I see ... I'd rather be chuffed than huffed ...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Habitat said:

Found everything except a good barber.

Someone better get used to working in the saltmines when Kim takes over the World. :ph34r:

On a more serious note: Good luck China. Hope you succeed on this one. :tu:

• Like 1