Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our existence is virtual reality

Drfeelgood11

It is something I find myself thinking of quite often. Is our whole existence and universe the result of virtual reality. In the sence that everything was made up due to computer modeling/design. Due to inconsistencies in physics and things that baffled physicist 100 years ago still baffles them today, so many things in physics that just blow our minds. I.e double slit experiment. Just crazy. Does anyone have any input on the subject with knowledge or experiences. It's my first post so if it seems a little amateurish my bad.

Edited by Drfeelgood11
Errors
  • Like 1

Notwithstanding the fact that I believe our universe subject foremost to God and, secondarily, to the known laws of physics, what whereof you speak is sometimes referred to as "the simulated universe."  It is one of theoretically many universes in 'the multiverse.'  Brian Greene discussed in The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos nine types of universes, which are outlined in Wikipedia as follows: 

• The quilted multiverse conditions in an infinite universe necessarily repeat across space, yielding parallel worlds.
  • The inflationary multiverse says that eternal cosmological inflation yields an enormous network of bubble universes, of which our universe would be one.
  • The brane multiverse states that in M-theory, in the brane world scenario, our universe exists on one three-dimensional brane, which floats in a higher dimensional expanse potentially populated by other branes - other parallel universes.
  • The cyclic multiverse is saying that collisions between braneworlds can manifest as big bang - like beginnings, yielding universes that are parallel in time.
  • The landscape multiverse states that by combing inflationary cosmology and string theory, the many different shapes for string theory's extra dimensions give rise to many different bubble universes.
  • The quantum multiverse creates a new universe when a diversion in events occurs, as in the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.
  • The holographic multiverse is derived from the theory that the surface area of a space can simulate the volume of the region.
  • The simulated multiverse implies that technological leaps suggest that the universe is just a simulation.
  • The ultimate multiverse is the ultimate theory, saying the principle of fecundity asserts that every possible universe is a real universe, thereby obviating the question of why one possibility - ours - is special. These universes instantiate all possible mathematical equations.

Not only am I partial to the description of the said universes above in the URL below 

http://physics.about.com/od/astronomy/f/ParallelUniverseTypes.htm

but therein you'll find Max Tegmark's earlier classifications of parallel universes as well.

What I find fascinating about such speculation is how one's belief system

effects their concept of parallel universes.  For example, my envisioning 'the brane multiverse' 

as universes stacked liked pancakes lets me imagine levels of fulfillment attainable in heaven,

whereas 'the quantum universe,' because it is associated with the many-worlds interpretation (MWI)

whereby anything that can happen does in some universe, is most dreadful.  Granted that it might 

seem just to some that each of us would, according to the MWI, experience every walk possible

in life-- the whole of the human potential, hellish is the notion of doing so ad infinitum.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1

Drfeelgood11 et al,

Pardon my taking overlong editing in an attempt to complete my response, 

as what the OP found "mind blowing" merits comment.

Insofar as the slit experiment’s involving a delayed choice 'quantum eraser,'

‘retrocausality,’ I can easiest wrap my mind around that in terms of non-locality.  

We are non-local in that our spirituality lets us exist on different levels in such a 

way that allows for our renewal, a renewal whereby one’s former self can cease

to be material...  In any case, as brane universes border on other brane universes,

it is traces from just such a universe that are likeliest to show up here.

0:-) MGby'all.

Edited by aka CAT