Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shhhh!

Bellachoo

I am convinced 1000 % that my house is haunted. I've just, let's say, 'sensed' that it might be for a long time now. I probably started noticing things when I was about 6-8 years old. My parents don't believe me (surprise, surprise) and always say that I'm imagining it. 

My house is weird though because nothing spooky happens for months and even years and I forget about the house being 'haunted' but then out of the blue something happens that makes me change my mind instantly. And that's exactly what happened literally a few hours ago now and I am still freaking out about it. 

So I get home from college around 2:30 on Mondays, my mum's at my nan's and my dad is at work so I'm alone for 4 hours until my parents and sister get home. I'm in my room with my headphones on watching YouTube with the volume on loud when I hear this noise somewhere in the house. I pause the video and listen for about 5 minutes but nothing else happens, whatever, it's probably the neighbours. I forget about it and go back to that video. About 20 minutes later, in the silence when your waiting for a video to load I literally hear someone WALKING up the stairs. It's my nightmare coming true. I immediately freeze up and my heart starts pounding in my chest. Slowly I get up, grab a vase that's near my door and check all the rooms upstairs. Nothing. I start freaking out even more as I think about the possibility that someone may of been originally upstairs and noise I heard was them going downstairs. 

I creep down the stairs, still clutching the vase, and as I come round the corner that leads into the dining room I hear the clear sound of someone going 'shhhh!' as I walk into the room. By this point I feel like I'm going faint from fear. Straight after the shhh noise I heard in-audible talking and I don't really know how to explain the way it sounded but to me it sounded echo-y, like someone talking in the distance. i didn't hear what they said and I didn't stick around to find out. 

After that I ran to my room and put on every telly in the house on full blast until my parents came home. 

• Like 2

Bellachoo you should have called the police. Even if what you heard was not an intruder(s) the police would have conducted a thorough search of your home both inside and out, as well as advised you on precautions you could take to further secure your home. Always think intruders first, ghosts last (if at all). Your safety comes first and it's always better to err on the side of caution.

• Like 3

Yeah looking back I probably should of. I didn't even check the front door or anything. But when I was actually in the dining room I didn't see anyone down there and to be honest if there was intruders I would of seen them because there isn't many places to hide. But seriously I'm getting chills just thinking about the thought of intruders let alone spooks. 

• Like 1

Intruders are a gazillion times scarier than spooks, and whilst I don't want to scare you anymore than you already are, everything you described smacks of them. They may have been inside your home, heard you moving about upstairs (hence the "shhh" so that they were careful not to make any noise) and were possibly on their way out by the time you got down to the lower level. I don't know how recently this happened, but you might want to call the police anyway so that they make note that your home/area might be a target. Tell your family members as well (if you haven't already done so) and have your dad ensure that all entrances/exits (doors, windows, etc.) are secured.

• Like 1

My parents have been sitting downstairs all night so there's definitely no one in the house. I didn't hear any other noises after I went back upstairs so it is possible that the intruders (if there was any) might of got out of the backdoor or something when I went into the dining room. Which might of been the reason why the voice sounded far away... Urgh stop. Intruders are definitely way scarier than ghosts. 

• Like 1

Aw no it's fine. I asked for somebody's opinion and you gave me yours. I am glad you mentioned that I might of been a intruder because I nohow to deal with it if it was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bellachoo said:

I usually do but I guess I could of left the key in the door. I do that sometimes because I'm a scatterbrain. 

Quit it. You do that one more time and you might end up dead. That would make for a bad day don't you agree?

• Like 2